Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

IKH daily analysis doesn’t look very promising for Guppie. As for now the upper margin of the cloud (Senoku Span A) serves as a last line of defence but is getting thinner. The first trench (Senoku Span A) at 208.37 (not much left then) until bottom of the cloud 206.28. If this fails -then she plungs into abyss. Lets hope that the cloud (which is up) will provide some support.
I don’t have that amount of money available to feed fat cats at broker’s office One will need a cover for at least another 300-400 pips.
Besides on candlestick two black crows are waiting for a third long mate.:eek:

To see the thumbnail charts larger, right click on the image and choose Open in new tab or Open in new window from menu … that will open a window with the larger chart.

BP attachments are not working properly at the moment … this is a workaround :smiley:

Pakiestra,
what are your settings on IKH? I used the default settings in MT4 and my senkou span A doesn’t show hitting price on the daily like yours. In fact, it’s still at 206.30 for today… Any ideas why they would be different?

On the daily IKH chart I used I was referring to the upper cloud margin (Senkou span A- I haven’t changed any settings)-which on my MT4 is about 208.44 - which was easily hit today. Last candle’s wick pierces the kumo but doesn’t get to the lower cloud margin (Senkou span B) The level you’r mentioning (206.30) on my chart is the bottom of the cloud Senkou span B. Both Senkou lines are strong support plus the kumo itself is still up (thick as well). These levels now are good for to short it, stop-loss would be in the middle of the cloud (4 hrs chart) at 211.20. See what happens. I’m not an expert in clouds -I might be entirely wrong, or there is better system or Senkou lines are upside down. The best way is to ask Andrew when he comes back. All in all the idea of scalping Guppie longs is reserved for swollen accounts able to take the hit of hundreds pips down -its not for a faint hearted with micro-mini couple hundreds/even thousands hard earned greenbacks. I hope rrram will forgive me my ignorance. I can’t see this working unless you have 6 digit account, resources to put in an emergency and you scalping micro pips only.:rolleyes:

no, if we’re on the same chart… i’m on the daily chart of gbp/jpy. Senkou Span A is at 206.32 and Senkou Span B is at 203.90. On the properties I can only set Tenkan-Sen: 9 Kijun-Sen: 26 Senkou Span B: 52. I guess everything else is non-changable. Does this sound right?

I found this great indicator, and thanks to Google, I found this thread.

I am going to post a few charts, hopefully it will stir up some other traders that are Ichimoku Kinko Hyo users. I should point out, that I only started using this when I found out that I could not use custom indicators on the mobile version of MT4. (And this was just a few days ago) I may end up using this exclusively.

Anyway - time for a chart - this one , the Euro for 09/24 - Hourly. Currently I’m short (Demo only…still testing this indicator) at 1.4627, TS of 15 pips, but I am actively monitoring this, so I may be in/out a few times on its way down.

Here is the GBPJPY - I had to go to daily for this one, as the hourly was unclear for me. 4h chart is roughly similar with its target, but since the daily has a few extra pips, I figured I’d post the daily.

No fancy tricks here - just observing where the previous crosses where, and looking for a flattening area in the Kumo for confirmation.

I just noticed that the text on the pictures are getting cropped - for this one, I had marked the expected target with the red horizontal line. I’ll have to see what I can do about the text on future pictures.

Ok…so here’s the current scenario

I got stopped out yesterday w + 7 pips(marked as 14627/14620 respectively)…unfortunately I went back in immediately and never looked to see what was going on. Currently at -97 pips, max drawdown overnight was -140(yikes! ) (Marked as 1.4767 on the chart) , and yes, I am still holding .

I could have avoided this had I just looked - there was a flattening occurring with the Kijun-Sen line just above. Whenever you see this happening, you have a warning that prices are reversing. Regardless, I will continue w/this trade as Ichimoku Kinko Hyo is a long term trading method.

Let’s see what today has to offer :slight_smile:

Not much to say here …

The high continued higher - 197.18. Price as I type this note is at 196.26.

I’m thinking its time we start dropping down to a lower time frame and trading in the expected direction so that we can see some action. Who knows, maybe this can work into a short term method ? :smiley:

Ok…dropped down to the 1 hr to find Support on the top line of the Kumo (Senkou Span A in this case). Went long at 196.29, with target of 196.66 based on the 15 min chart, using the Tenkan-Sen and Kijun-Sen previous crossing(s) as my target

Cha Ching :slight_smile:

Looking at this point to rinse and repeat - same levels.

“Equilibrium at a Glance”

Makes me wonder if this is what the intent was :cool:

I’ll just post whenever there is a lull…like right now for instance :slight_smile:

So anyway, after my last post (an aha! moment if you will), I decided to check out what would happen if I opened all my charts with IKU…certainly a clearer picture of what true equilibrium is.

To avoid any future confusion - my chart settings are standard with the exception of the chart shift. I have taken that off as I am feeling that it might cause myself to take a trade too early due to the location of Kumo in relation to where I am currently at w/price.

That being said - lets look at this for a minute. At one point, all the charts from the 1H -> 1 min were all ‘equal’ …now we are seeing a Kumo roll on the 1H, which is causing the lower charts to start to drop.

The 4H as you can see is above the Kumo, but …will it stay there?

My take - yes and no. What should happen is everything from 1H - > 1M should come down to meet 4H, roughly at my intended target of 1.4300…for now.

Assuming I am correct, this will also mean more downside down the road , as the everything needs to catch up (or down in this case) with the monthly chart.

I haven’t done this yet with the GBPJPY - I will post that picture as soon as I can

Ok…here is the view for GBPJPY…given this apparent ‘insight’, I am now reversing my previous view of upward movement …currently short.

Interesting to note that the same Kumo Roll on the 1H is happening here

Downside target of 190.77

I have Ichimoku chart on my U/C just for some education and comparing it with my other regular charts showing MA and CCI. I’m very interested in this and will follow your thread. Not sure how to read it yet. But curious…standing by, captain.

Hi Didjerdu,

I started learning this the same way you are doing it now - just doing lots of reading and comparing with what I was previously using. The very beginning of this thread covers pretty much everything I could find on the net about IKH. I would recommend Kumo Trader Ichimoku Forum - Index and the Kumowiki (there should be a link at that site for that) in addition to this thread. Definitely look at the posts that AndrewUnknown posted earlier in this thread, (301 Moved Permanently)

I don’t feel I can consider myself a subject matter expert on this by any means…I’m just trying to put down my thoughts out there in hopes that it sparks some thought in others.

Feel free to ask questions - I will try to answer as best I can.

I am attaching two gifs - for GBPJPY and EURUSD

I’m starting to see this pattern more and more - and the irony is - I’ve been seeing this pattern in just about every indicator I have been using…i just didn’t know what it meant until today

So…since IKH is ‘Equilibrium at a Glance’ - lets call this our starting point.
This can be on any chart your using - doesn’t have to follow what I am watching. In fact, you should try to find this on as many currency pairs as you can.

My plan is to go through a complete cycle, documenting the learning experience along the way. Hopefully someone smarter than me will show up and point out some of the finer points that aren’t currently documented.

Yes yes, I know, its a silly question - but it needs to be asked .

Cycles have 2 characteristics - a Start and an End.

Within these cycles are …more cycles! That is what gets everyone fubar’d…you see it all the time, everyone assumes they are in one cycle and then WHAM!, the ‘cycle’ stops working!

So…to take a page out of WD Gann’s work - if you know the cause, you can study the effect.

Back to my previous two charts - we defined the starting point as Equilibrium.

Let’s now re-define that as our ‘Cause’.

The effect therefore should be one of two things - either a rise in price, or a fall in price.

In this 1m chart, we can see the effect of the Kumo roll on the previous 1H chart I posted. Prices drop to a point that there is a separation of the Tenkan-Sen line from the Kijun-Sen line. (Red and Blue on the chart. ) What I am specifically looking for is a return to equilibrium…this is what the 1m chart is attempting to do now.

One key thing about the separation - look for the Kijun-Sen line (Blue Line) to flatten…that is the key. The Flattening happens when Price starts to return up.

Lastly, we need the Kumo to catch up (or down in this case)…then this 1m cycle has completed. This however, does not end the long term trend.

Ok…so the 1m chart completed its trend…so where is this going?

This is where I believe the Kumo’s secret is - it defines the previous S/R level’s from a longer term perspective.

Lets assume for a minute that we reached a bottom …logically Price should test the previous Support line right?

If I am correct, once Price + the Tenkan-Sen and Kijun-Sen lines passes through the Kumo [B]horizontally [/B], we should then see it rise to the previous support line as represented by the Kumo.

THIS, is the true end of the trend. Until we see all of the above (Price + the Tenkan-Sen and Kijun-Sen -> Kumo), the trend has not ended.

The net effect will be a chart that is exactly opposite of what the 1H chart initially looked like…again, Equilibrium.

Given that we are dealing with a large Time Frame (1H in this case), this is going to take a while…if your up reading this now, get some sleep. If your just reading this with your morning cup of coffee, better get another one.

This is in regards to the chart shift feature for MT4

IMO, this is a bad thing when using this indicator. My experience has made me take trades too early…its best to wait until you see everything passing through it . Having it on may make you take a trade too early because it appears everything is lined up, when in fact there is still time for price to continue dropping.

In my 1m example , I used it to show where the Kumo was - in hindsight, I should have left it off. And yes, I took a temporary long trade that went against me (rather quickly I must say, lost 60 pips in the blink of an eye). Fortunately, there is still another 400 pips to the downside from what I am seeing on the 1H chart.