Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

Here is a picture of a 1m chart for GBPJPY, once the trend completes. Note how the Tenken-sen, Kijun-Sen, and Price all have penetrated the Kumo.

Al Mo,
Perhaps, but when you pull the trigger which time frame are you looking at? I am geared towards the 15 M charts on a short term swing trade and then referring to the 1 H when things look ripe for a longer term. I get the notion that you should wait until price moves through the “cloud” but on a regular chart (referring to my MA and CCI that I use) my target is hit earlier than the ICH chart thus getting more bang for the buck out of the trade. Your thoughts please?

Also, not for nuthin but you have a buy on what clearly looks like a down trend? Thus my question still begs which chart do refer to when you ultimately pull the trigger?

The way I see it - (and am painfully learning ) - you need to stick to the chart that started the trend. In our current example, that is the 1 H chart.

Right now, trading counter trend is not possible until I get a better understanding of when its actually safe to do this. This is a trial an error thing for me right now , so I highly recommend you don’t trade counter trend until we have a clearly set of defined rules for that.

I need to point out that this is being traded on a demo account until I get all of the finer points resolved.

Here are two .gifs - one that I posted earlier when this all started (1H Kumo Roll), and roughly where we are now.

Notice that when this all started - 1H down to 1 min was in equilibrium, and on chart 1, the 1 and 5 min charts were just starting to drop as the Kumo roll was occurring on the 1H.

Appears this is the answer we are looking for then…all the charts under 1H must be equal for the 1H chart to complete its trend.

I’ve been trading demo for several years now and still don’t get it. Needless to say I’m a slow learner and always have been. I’m still developing my own style. I look at other’s styles but have never made a profit with any of them. The door’s open always, though.
I looked at a thread that you referred to and he said that IKH is more successful on a 4H and up chart. What success have you had on the 1H?

Managed to catch a good chuck of the drop from 195.80ish to 193.8x , but lost a good chuck too, due to failed counter trending.

Started the demo account w/$500 - currently down -137.

The irony of all this - check out the open prices for all the trades - its clear its been dropping the entire time!

Need to see where this is going to stop - I suspect it will be at previous Teken-Sen/Kinju-Sen lines at 194.41 - price almost reached it as you can see from the chart.

I’m embarrassed to show you my account! It’s a learning curve though and I’m determined to get it right. Or whatever counts as right! Good luck to you and I’ll be reading your post.
Ciao!!

I feel your pain ! I have many of these failed accounts lurking around. Just gotta keep getting back on the horse until you learn how to ride it.

:slight_smile:

This is why its important to learn how to trade the counter trend

Price leaped to 195.55, and its starting to become evident that this happened due to the 5 min Kumo roll.

I marked the areas on the charts - it can be seen that price reached the last Support area for the 1H chart.

15 Min chart attempting to become equal now - need to see if it makes it through Kumo (remember, we are looking for TS,KS, and Price to get through - currently its only Price.)

1M chart has reached Equilibrium - need to see if 5m follows suit BEFORE 15m can break out of the Kumo, Horizontally

Not really sure how to read this…evidence of both topping out, and of potential further upside due to the 15 min chart officially breaking out of the Kumo.

Maintaining short position as everything else still points down (30m, 1H)

I took a look at USDCHF…here is my take

W - About to break out of the Kumo (1.0949 currently) - expecting rising prices to 1.1730 :slight_smile:

This is today’s total view - IMO, 1H chart about to correct itself from last weeks counter trend (i.e - we are resuming the down trend.)

I didn’t post much about this pair last week - basically it was due to prices being in a tight range. My original downside target has yet to be met (1.43xx) - but I am keeping the faith :slight_smile:

Of significance is the 4H chart is entering the Kumo/leaving equilibrium. Should be an interesting march down to 1.4300

Hey Al,
You must have read my mind about USD/CHF. Thanks for taking the time to analyze this pair. We are in agreement. I like this bullish bias long term.
D.

I closed the positions on the EURUSD and GBPJPY , as both were close enough to my intended targets.

I am confident that my USDCHF analysis is correct, and 1.1730 should be reached within a few weeks (remember, we are basing this off the Weekly chart, so this will take some time to happen).

I feel that I don’t think I can add anything of value to this thread at this point - I hope that future IKH users that do searches for this excellent indicator come across this thread , and hopefully, find this thread useful.

-Best,
Al Mo

I’d like to continue this thread Al…maybe you’ll think on it. This is a wonderful webinar that introduces some fundamentals in trading with Ichimoku. It’s just a tease, really. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

FXstreet.com Live Sessions Archives: The Weather Report: Ichimoku Cloud Trading

I am still actively trading IKH - I just didn’t really know where to go with this thread once the trades were closed. I suppose I could continue showing other examples?

While we are on the topic - after viewing your link, I am back on the fence about the chart shift feature for MT4. I am starting to think that it would be better to see what is coming and just learn to wait for the Kumo to come to price, rather than to be oblivious to it.

I’ll start posting a few charts shortly