ICT 5K to 1M challenge, discussion

Issue 4908 | The Onion - America’s Finest News Source

It’s definitely worthy of being in the Onion, but alas, the above issue carries no such article. :frowning:

Actually, you’re right… I apologize dafttrader. I was being a sarcastic db and I had no right to be. I get really angry when people post things like I did earlier, so again sorry.

Lets place bets on out call for the 5 April ICT myfxbook account!

I’m thinking a one of the following will unfold almost 100%:

-Additional funds have been added to simulate past wins
-Hidden trade history
-Fresh account
-No account: “It’s a government conspiracy!”
-No account: “Goober copiers copy and are losing money”
-He disappears again.

If I had to put money on it I would go with hidden account balance/history because of a government conspiracy. Releasing pictures and videos of the past weeks data feed with highlighted entries and exits.

Hands up who hasn’t spotted that…I said hands up who hadn’t spotted that

Well you are right about it going to be a fresh account. He deleted his myfxbook account. If he would have made it private that would be different because it would still track what he was doing and he could just unprivatize it lol. By deleting it he made it easy to add funds. He can now sign up for myfxbook and start fresh. If the trading doesn’t go will after he opens the account I doubt he will stick around. NO one will believe any conspiracy theory at that point.

I bet since he said it starts in april, anyone who actually wants to see it can expect it sometime early 2014 :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously because everyone needs MORE lessons in patience lol …the thing I never understood was why he always did that. Ex- "oh forexmas is right around the corner, 12 days of videos in december, all the videos are ALREADY RECORDED blah blah blah " To me thats not a lesson in patience, thats just lying. All the time. A lesson in patience in my mind would be more like “hey guys i’m gonna be uploading a video in the coming weeks (no SPECIFIC date… and time for that matter 9pm etc etc) , hopefully you enjoy it!” .Why post up a very specific date and time, ALL THE TIME, just to have that day roll around and say “ha you guys actually expected it today? …just wait some more”.

Or an even crazier idea, make an instructional video and post it up…without a year long “build up the drama” waiting period and crazy promo video about it. Honestly how much time was wasted into the videos building up the anticipation, for another video.

There’s just something fishy about ICT’s “return”. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Too many games are being played and too many questions are left unresolved.

Accepted although it wasn’t me who told you not to be a sarcastic douchebag lol… had someone else fighting in my corner for that one…

considering there was actually some kind of speculation as to whether this article was real or not I guess there are probably a few people who really should be putting their hands up about now.

:smiley:

You have to be gone first before you can make a return.

There’s new vids up on his youtube channel and his myFXbook link is still private as of today. There’s also no way that ICT himself is Chris Lori - ICT has some sort of an accent and a very minor speech impediment (imo) which seems extremely difficult to fake, and they both have very different voices

LOL. His accent and speech patterns are native to portions of Baltimore, MD (most likely Dundalk, on the SE side of Baltimore, if I had to pinpoint it). It is… unique to say the least and confined to that one very small area of Maryland. He and Lori are definitely not the same person as far as that line of speculation go.

If he’s Lori, then I’m Judy Garland.

Please sing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” so we can draw our own conclusions.

I refer you to my movie classic, “The Wizard of Oz”, where I sang it beautifully.

Well, I am convinced.:30:

Nawww…this is the real Mastergunner
OFFICIAL - Somewhere Over the Rainbow 2011 - Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole - YouTube
aloha

That’s crazy that you posted that. I’ve requested this song to play at my funeral. If not available, my second choice was the theme song to Sesame Street.

That’s uhm, forward planning? Or you’re a lot older than I thought you were MG?

Actually mentions barchart, fxcm, dailyfx, pricecharts, Moore Research etc etc., many more times or shown more often than lori.
The videos always highlight the free areas in these sites - have to say that free area on lori site is excellent, some good pa concepts - have never received a spam email either - can’t say I would pay those dollars for the paid stuff though.

I’m a big ( not ‘hardcore’ lol ) believer in self education - especially if it is free - I’ve said before that information overload is only for those with a small brain, maybe Yunny’s right, maybe gullible newbies do get confused - maybe that’s why they are gullible, did’nt confuse me.

The ‘tools’ referred to in the videos are in ICT’s words ‘generic’. Many, many times he informed the gullible newbies that these were not ICT inventions, they are patterns of price behaviour.

I was recently on a course (free from my broker - remember all good education is often free), many of the concepts were the same as per the ICT videos, just different names and different nuances, different entry techniques - same concepts - no big surprise - there is only one market - humans buying and selling.

Did I gain from watching the videos? - yes, I gained knowledge, I gained further insight, others have added to my learning - all for free - over the years - Chris Capre, Sam Sneiden, Wayne McDonnell, Mike Baghdady, Phil Newton, James Chen, the list is endless -

I thank each and every one of them, I know they have paid sections but so what.

I also thank ICT, I know he has’nt a paid section but so what.

To any newbie feeling ‘gullible’ - there’s plenty of free education out there - go search for it, discard the sales stuff, learn the good stuff, keep your c/card in your wallet, you WILL be tempted but it is not needed, maybe later if you wish to specialize.

You need stray no further than this site (after going to babypips school) look at the posts, use the excellent calendar, learn from the regular posters, see their triumphs learn from their ideas, their answers and comments.

Some lessons come cheap, others not so…

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/03/04/apple-zaky-bullish-cross/

Anyone remember Bill Ackman’s Pershing Square IV? It was simply a 3x leveraged bet on Target Corp? He managed to lose $2 billion-- and he’s still in business!

This guy is a piker.

Seriously, though, it does illustrate one of the problems of the internet today, and in particular Seeking Alpha. Basically anyone can write anything they want and put it up there, and make it look like they have some knowledge and experience-- when they have neither. I suppose it’s really just the same old story, though…

I hesitate to call what he was doing
Hedging, as I do it, means gaining risk adjusted returns in excess of expectations.

In other words, you manage risk and yet achieve returns that exceed the expected risk. A good hedging strategy would be able to take an asset that is expected to return 10% with moderate risk and do either one of these: (1) return 10%, but reduce the risk or (2) return greater than 10% with the same risk.

In a nutshell, that is a hedge. What this kid was doing was not hedging. It was gambling.

life’s too short for boring cars and cheap wine.