ICT 5K to 1M challenge, discussion

This post. +1

Nice Avatar… I think I’ve seen that before :wink:

That logo can only be seen in a Chris Lori’s Pro Traders Club workshop…

Is that sooo?..hmmm… interesting…

I think it is overuse… Need some originality.

Wow, what the frak happened? How much drawdown was ICT experiencing (if any)?

Today -4.84% ( - ) -$204.30 ( - ) -45.40 ( - ) 0% ( - ) 1 ( - )
This Month -20.66% (-23.88%) -$1046.21 (-$1110.60) -225.00 (-275.0) 20% (-44%) 10 (-4)

Is he down -20% or -44%? Ouchies.

He’s down 20%. -44% is his Win % (Difference) I believe.

Maybe he seriously forgot to put in a SL. And then he ragequit.

Seems like he’s risking 5% per trade, judging from the fxbook comments? If so, a 20% drawdown isn’t abnormal at all. In fact to go from $5k to $1m, you really do need to risk alot.

ahh I got sucked in. At least it’s on topic.

yea but when you state you dont/wont go over 3%…

It does make newbies like me feel good even with an account at -25% :stuck_out_tongue: Then again I could still open a 5k account today not so sure about ICT ;/

Disappointing to say the least.

I have always though the better of people etc and give ICT heaps of room for proving his claims etc, but it seems to have all but disappeared. A trader with greater than 10 years experience should not succumb to pressure, but as Chris Lori mentioned in one of his youtube vids, another big hurdle is ego.
Blocking off the trading details also blocks off the amount of risk taken if a trade closed in profit, so he may have had a sure thing and overleveraged it so start the “shock and awe”.

All I can do is apologise to MG for being critical when he has spoken out and I have defended ICT, asking to give him room and a decent chance at his challenge - Sorry dude.

An unfortunate offshoot of all of this is that his teachings will have been severely devalued in many peoples opinions. I myself was going to attempt to learn his methods to add to my VSA perspective, but I am not so sure now to be honest.

I wonder if he will speak of this at all at the Chris Lori Seminar that he is guest speaking at???

No need to apologize. I stayed the course on my overall belief of ICT and anticipated this type of clearly collapse. The fact that I was right about the guy is more than enough for me.

I didn’t run by his side for three years. Had I, maybe I would think much different perhaps as I do.

On second thought, I wouldn’t have because even before I smelled a rat with his income claims.

Hahaha, I forgive you… :wink: Feels good to say it right? lol

So what were the income claims?

Bun,

You had your hair done! Looks good!

How he turned $250k into $5,000,000 every year.

Link is here: 301 Moved Permanently

I think he deleted his post. Good thing somebody else quoted him before that happened.

“If you are asking me where I am in my personal trading, I net 100-200 pips per week and average about 25k in USD. I trade 2-3 times a week, mainly the London and New York sessions.”

That was back in 2010 btw.