ICT 5K to 1M challenge, discussion

I am curious how he will talk himself out of this one. Why doesn’t he just say, okay okay… I had a big mouth, it doesn’t show what I can do but that is the live of a trader. I’ll keep my fxbook private as the pressure is bigger than expected, but I will return in due time. Or in another more down to earth manner.

The only issue we have with Michael is his over-confidence. Others aren’t challenged for opening their fxbook, he just made a circus out of it. It would still be an achievement when he makes it, I just hope he continues and keep it more to himself until better results. If he is the real deal.

I can also imagine that Mr Chris Lori whispered in his ear: ‘This doesn’t help!’.

No that’s wrong. He claimed he did that ONE year not every year. And I think you were already told this.

Maybe it was all a big troll lol. He got a following knew people were gonna copy his trades. Just so he could sit back and laugh at the people mortgaging their house and blowing it all on the first trade. In all honesty that would be pretty funny.

Second I’d like to tell everyone that. I have paid for my lori workshop. I HAVE NOT received the starter material after 3 emails. Also I can’t book a hotel yet as they haven’t got a for sure location.

No emails have been terse. 2 haven’t been replied to and the one that did said I had to wait until the admins got around to it.

But I’ll keep everyone updated :smiley:

No. Ruining people financially would not be funny. Even on my own thread I am careful to warn people. I don’t want to be inadvertently responsible for someone’s financial ruin.

And I’m certainly not going to lose money intentionally just to teach people a lesson, but no one’s really sure what that lesson really was.

As to the income claim, I stated that I smelled a rat when I heard the claim of 250k to $5 mil every year. That’s what I do was responding to. And at the time that was the claim that was repeated by his following in the chat room.

Regardless if ICT told me different is irrelevant a this point, because it was obvious to me it wasn’t accomplished, not even once.

Avoid Lori. If he’s willing to just bring ICT into his fold just to get more people to pay up, then you should seriously question that. And it sounds like a poorly run operation at that.

Seriously, save your money. There’s enough free stuff right here on this site.

Clear your mind. Start fresh. Trading isn’t as complicated as ICT made it. You don’t need to know bond pricing and the inversion of interest rates to make this work.

It makes your sound smart, but your pockets stay empty and you continue to thirst for a reason why and how you can put it all together. And that’s why you even considered going in the first place.

You’re one of the few supporters of ICT I had not ignored. Mainly because you never trolled when there was a difference of opinion, and aside from that God awful beard you grew, you’re a good guy that’s really just trying to make this work.

I say clean the slate. And build it back up your way.

Well, that will set your mood when you attend that workshop… :slight_smile:

Nah, I don’t think he was trolling. I think he really thinks he can do it and was overly motivated by the attention he got.

I agree. I think he was sipping too much of his own Kool Aid. Half the hype building up to the challenge was more for his own self talk then for us.

It seemed epic in his eyes how we could talk down people. Too bad Banker didn’t accept the challenge. That would have been even more interesting.

Maybe the making private of his fxbook is part of the change that are going on in our world:

• Pope announced to resign
  • St Peter strucked by lighting a couple of hours later
  • North-Korea announced to have conducted a nuclear test
  • ICT made his fxbook private.

Maybe the Mayas were right…

I think I will go to the store and buy some sigarettes, before everbody start hamstering.

Well I’ve already forked over the money and my woman is looking forward to the vacation lol. So we ll see what happens.

I’m doing ok in forex on my own(with stuff I learned from ICT). As long as I stick to the higher timeframes lol. Then when I try to day trade I give it all back.

I really need to sit down and get myself structured and look at things. Not chase every little system I see and wanna try it all out.

And I think you’re jealous of that beard. :-D.

Well he said himself that he wanted to leave a legacy, that is something you do for yourself. Can’t blame him, all guys want to do that.

Yeah, that would be fun if Banker would have started too…:slight_smile: Well, Puremuscle did, and he is doing better at the moment.

You can’t invalidate his methods. You look at someone’s strategy and hopefully form you own attack on the markets with help from their ideas(no wrong or right, much like art). I am not that keen on people like mg that tend to have the same mentality as ICT(my methods or I will put you down etc…). On the other hand can’t go boast everywhere about returns or being right without backing it up. ICT backpeddled a lot and a lot can be said about his claims.

Looks like we spoke too soon. ICT’s Myfxbook is public again and it seems like he recouped his 5% loss

I think he is becoming a slave to his own challenge. Chipping out is admitting defeat, staying public and making more losses is defeat as well. Why doesn’t he just swallow his pride, make the thing private and continue trading. Switching email, twitter etc off and focus on the challenge ahead. Pop up again when he made it, and everybody is happy. Now it is just becomming awkward. That is not nice for him or us.

But probably it is a lesson what average Joe does, they close their fxbook also when some losses are made, so he is just showing that, and now it is time to really start the challenge.

5k to 1million is a big jump mate. Don’t you think it’s bit too next to impossible unless you are warren buffet.

Remember also that Warren Buffett is a market maker as well.
It was disclosed only a few years ago that he had accumulated tens of millions in coca cola shares. When this was “leaked out” the frenzy by the public to buy the same as the miracle man actually gave him his pay day. All this demand comes in while he sold off his holdings. He finds opportunity, and with the amount of money at his service, he is able to move the markets how he wants.
Unless you are privvy to the central banks speeches etc prior to them being released, you cannot do the same in forex

Agreed. Furthermore, by making all of his open trades and history private he just made the challenge pointless.

I assume that his students were excited about studying his entries, exits and trade management. Unfortunately, the only purpose of the numbers on myfxbook now is for inspiration, so he can pretty much just disappear and pop up again once in a while to show the numbers.

It wouldn’t really facilitate the learning progress of ICT followers.

Hey Mr.Jenkei

Now that ICT’s myfxbook is back up again… are you going to become a double turncoat? :smiley: jk

From my understanding ICT has so many methods that one of them was right all the time.

He’s just going to turn it off again when he loses.

He had his temporarily inflated confidence back for the time being.

You can disregard that trade… he still is giving lessons on “how not to trade” :wink:

Even though I am not a ICT hater. You can start to warm up those wind pipes. We still got a ways to go yet but…

Anyhow reguardless of the outcome a lot of his teachings are correct so I will give him some credit there. If he also practiced what he preaches he would not be in this situation but… Thats his problem

That’s so comforting. I’m so used to only winning, that it’s a honest treat for someone to step out and say, “Fellas, you can win if you want, but let me give you a lesson on how to fall from grace, suffer tragic embarrassment, and lose hard earned money that could otherwise go to the charity.”

But, “Ice Cream Truck,” I said. “Can’t we learn to lose all the same on a demo account.”

“No,” the grand puppeteer replied as he rose valiantly from the floor after tripping on strings. “This is an endeavor that I, and I alone shall take.”

“We will never forget the great one who become the first inductee into the Forex Darwinian Awards,” chanted the awe inspired people with a single fist in the air. “Viva de Ice Cream Truck!!!”