Ict

For me, the only thing wrong with that statement is the fact that it says what it does instead of saying, “The trading content has completely stopped all together.” At least in Newbie Island anyway.

By and large I believe sites like this to be a distraction. If they are used for what they are intended to be, a place to come to discuss and learn about trading, then they are fine. But when they become places just to come and hang out, have a bit of a chit chat and slate the odd passing guru, they’re doing you more harm than good.

And the fact that I myself have fallen fowl of that very same thing over the last few weeks rather illustrates my point quite well, to me at least.

Personally I have strayed since the whole “you know who” drama began and I reckon I’m far from being the only one. I used to pretty much stick to my own thread, but recently I’ve found myself scouring the threads in search of the next bit of gossip. In this time I’ve done virtually no research into trading and have certainly not studied anything to do with trading. Is this a personal weakness, yeah probably, but it just goes to show I’m human, but human at the expense of my trading education.

So I won’t be posting anywhere outside of my own thread in future, where I hope to go back to and start discussing trading again. I know this won’t come as a major loss to the community at large, but probably quite selfishly, the community at large isn’t my main concern, I am.

Move along to the next Guru, Nothing To See Here!..

That’s true enough HoG.

Anyway, of much much more importance: I just found out that Richard Briers has died. Very sad to hear that.

I always thought FF was worse than babypips. You see random newbies posting idiotic systems and expecting people to trade them live. “hi guyz, u enter when rsi is above 56.75. i test yesterday with 4 trades on 1M chart, perfect yes. no stop loss 100% win. TP is whatever u want.” :slight_smile:

Sounds like a Gem to me… Thanks! :wink:

To tell the truth, not that anyone cares, I’m finding it hard to take anything seriously here at the moment,
I get the feeling that some just want the ICT fiasco to disappear (hence my last post) so we can all carry on as if nothing happened, fine! Just so the next supa mega trader star can swing in with his show & it can all start over again like the last two did.
I’ll be one of the cynics (Troll) asking awkward questions & getting flamed & told if I can’t say anything productive then take my negative attitude somewhere else… Groundhog Day! It’ll all happen again unless BP can come up with ways to give credible traders a higher standing / profile, something like Jezzode suggests maybe? I dunno

But then maybe BP doesn’t care because the likes of ICT created heaps of traffic & that equals $$$ so why bother??
So as it stands, I don’t think you should look at this site as a professional medium to discuss & learn forex, it needs professional traders at the forefront guiding us newbs, not wannabe heros.

I don’t doubt that one bit Kevin considering the size of the other forum. Babypips isn’t one to talk either because you got the infamous “Ice Cream Truck”. At least they managed to gurublock him when he tried to invade it. It was pretty hilarious. Don’t think that I’m praising FF here, I only go there to review the S&D threads by red and ken. I could care less about the rest of the site.

I concede that ST and that HoG guy are right though. I also got distracted by this whole farce. Mods should just lock all the ICT threads and give anyone who opens a thread about it warnings/infractions. ICT turned out to be a fake. Oh wells, back to lurking :rolleyes:.

The thing is if BP invited those high profile credible trader(s), BP might start charging for a fee to become a member here because I doubt those higher profile trader(s) are welling to spent their most precious time to just teach newbies/aspiring traders without any fee unless they are willing to do it as a “pro bono” or a community service.

So ya, we are kind of stuck with this “social community site” if that’s how we look at it. Though, there are some good amount of people who sticks around and willing to keep sharing their ideas/strategy in trading…

<Cries>. Why can’t we just get along! </cries>

There is an older crew and a newer crew here. The people that have been here a while avoided the ICT threads where the new crew housed. Now ICT is no current topic anymore, so the old and the new crew start to meet each other, but the mutual respect has to grow. This is accompanied by a bit of pushing and pulling, but in the end they get used to each other and things will go better. This is just part of the after effect. Discussing how it was and how it should be will not help, but will widen the crack. As it ‘appears’ that the old crew want to shape the new crew in the BP-form as it was two years ago.

The mods can place this thread in the melting pot if they like, but they haven’t done that.

And not to forget, as we socialize, it is much easier to ask someone for help/favor directly. There is the pipschool that has the knowledge (the book), there are the bloggers that post analysis and there is the forum where people get to know each other and help each other out. So it actually looks like it is going okay. We building a community…:slight_smile:

[Sorry to have used your post Pip…:slight_smile: ]

I agree. So getting back to something that ST suggested several months ago, perhaps BP should do a better job of sectioning off the forums. Honestly, I’ve been thinking of asking to be banned from this one thread, because it’s like when cars drive more slowly near an accident scene. I know I should not look, but the weaker part of myself does. Like HoG said as well, if each of us added up the time we spent gossiping and reading gossip, and used that time for real fx learning based endevours, who would not have improved their trading at least a little. It’s hard for me not to defend the methods because I know they work, but I also don’t want to alienate others, which defeats the overall point of a ‘forum.’

Or possibly… probably a generation mixed :wink:

I didn’t dare to say that… :wink: You have more guts than me… :stuck_out_tongue:

Reminds me of two famous sayings

Forget Your Past - Timothy Allen

[B]&[/B]  

“The only thing we learn from history, is that we learn nothing from history!”
(Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel)

At some point in our trading journey, we needed to vent somewhere, share our successes, or jokes about our stuff in terms of trading or not… so where is the best place to do that with like minded people. If you vent with your dog, your parents, your neighbors, your life partner, your friends who are so jealous about your % of return, do you think you would had the same response as here? Maybe …maybe not. Socialize from time to time is ok…just don’t over do it… too much is not good…We needed balance :slight_smile:

Lol…what the mods probably will ban me for this?.. shoot me for all I care…:p:p

Very true… I can’t talk about trading at home. They don’t care because they’don’t understand. It brings money in the pockets, but they just not interested. So I like to socialize here…:slight_smile: But finding balance, hmmmm… I’ll put it on my personal growth list…:slight_smile:

Do you want to know what is more frustrating on this site? All the new people starting up threads with questions asked hundreds of times. Why can’t they just use the search function. And if they don’t use the search function, they will not find the two year old threads about those topics, so that knowledge is also getting lost.

Perhaps an idea to have a sticky thread with links to the threads for the most populair topics (tag cloud).

Yeah I know what you’re saying, but at the same time I’m here because my head is in no shape to even think about analysis.
You can’t just study something for three years, watch it blow up in your face :56: & then head back to the screen as if nothing happened!

I threw in my job & relocated around the other side of the planet to lower my overheads & give myself five months solely dedicated to fx… No what do I do? Pretend nothing happened? Move to the next “great system?”

So here I am, in this thread chewing the whole mess over & attempting to have a meaningful & slightly humorous discussion about what should be done to help prevent the same misfortune to other newbs like me…

Haha…another one in your list…lol. I need to start charging you with this personal growth thing…:wink: