Ict

FXBOOK FXBOOK FXBOOK YOU!!! come at me bro.

This place becomes more like the boxing forum I inhabit every day.

hahaha you crack me up, babypips!

I love me some drama. :slight_smile:

Indeed. This place is shifting away from being a professional and closer to being a trashy daytime soap opera.

The phrase ā€˜come at me, broā€™ immediately positions this place differently.

After reading the drivel on this thread I now understand the reason why 90% of trader lose.

I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that most on this site are not traders, they are people who play at a bit of trading in the margins of something else, which is why most of them lose. Itā€™s a game thatā€™s never going to lead anywhere.

Well when you consider that the leading ā€œStar of the showā€ on here was a complete failure itā€™s really no surprise no?
In principal BP is a great site! It needs to find a way to separate the the dudā€™s from the authentic consistently profitable traders so we know who to take more seriously because as a newb we have no way of telling the difference.

It will never be a professional site if there are only a bunch of amateur ā€œGurusā€ at the helm.

Just my opinion. Now putting my flame suit onā€¦

Hmmm, I hope nobody took my reply to Toekan seriously. I often forget that the majority of the people around here are probably unacquainted with the younger generationā€™s humor and memes. Maybe I should write a disclaimer next timeļ¼ŸJust for the record, Iā€™m against this compulsory requirement of proof before one is allowed to teach. And if I accidentally offended you Toekan, I apologize for the post.

I donā€™t get why the mods locked the other thread started by ake but ignored this one, even though itā€™s already impertinent.

<Keeping fingers crossed> :wink: and some characters to meet the minimum required.

And, in which category are you classified? :wink:

It should allow the widgets from FXbook under each user, should they decide to opt in allowing it.

Like this

Your profitability will determine the weight assigned to your advice.

When advice will be measured like this. There will be no adviceā€¦

But let us propose this! Advice only given to traders with a myfxbook from a live account, showing that they actually tried trading in the past? When that is in place, I will use the myfxbook.

Complete amateur newb here :29:
And my fxbook proves it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol itā€™s not a question of youth and youthful humour, but more the different things we each want from the site. If itā€™s a lounge where people want to chat, and those people all happen to have an interest in trading, then that is one thing. If it is an online world where traders, both current and aspiring, can exchange idea in the pursuit of becoming better traders, then that is another.

I commented purely as ā€˜come at me broā€™, ā€˜you mad, broā€™ and similar are phrases we use a lot on the boxing forum, which is pure hobby/recreational stuff, so there it is appropriate. On here, to my mind, my instinct is to use this site as an extension of my professional life, certainly the main forum. I might chat Xbox, cars, whatever in the ā€˜melting potā€™ section, but the main forum is more about the serious stuff for me.

One observation is that through the ICT period the site attracted a lot of new posters, many of them new or inexperienced traders, and the site acquired a more ā€˜hobbyā€™ feel, more akin to the boxing/gaming sites than as place of business.

So for me itā€™s not an indication of my lack of familiarity - itā€™s more an observation that the tone here has shifted, there seem these days to be fewer effective traders than ever and a more chatty, less focused vibe. Which is cool and fine, I, not knocking, but it is noticeable. The trading content is at an all-time low, though!

Anyway, donā€™t mind me, just thought it was interesting.

Sometimes ā€œNo advice is good adviceā€ :smiley:

Simon, first of all, I didnā€™t mention any names in my postā€¦ Secondly, this is an ICT thread. In case you didnā€™t get the memo, most ICT threads have degenerated into cesspools filled with mudslinging and bun fighting.

Furthermore, did you read one of the forum rulesļ¼Ÿ No perfect traders allowed. There is a reason why itā€™s called BABYpips. If you want to avod unprofessional and inexperienced new traders you should go to FF or some other forum.

I just thought that was interesting too.

Indeed they have, and it is a shame that too many donā€™t seem to have any interest in recovering the place.

I did not say that you mentioned any names.

I did not say that we only need perfect traders.

I donā€™t need to avoid unprofessional and inexperienced new traders.

I get that it is called BabyPips, absolutely, unfortunately recently that has come to mean that it is like a playground rather than that some of the members are new traders.

FF is not a particularly pleasant place to hang out, as too many are too aggressive and dismissive, indeed many of the old hands seem to feel that retail currency trading simply does not work. So I am here, as this always used to be an effective site for forming respectful, constructive relationships between traders of all experience levels.

Recently it has become a joke, filling up with losing traders more interested in soap opera and point scoring than in actually learning to trade effectively. It is the new home of the knee-jerk, unconstructive and ill-informed overreaction, unfortunately, with a liberal dose of sarcasm thrown in. All the hallmarks of people who are never going to make a consistent profit in this business.

In that case I donā€™t really know why youā€™re responding to my post that I was addressing to Toekan. I really have no interest in conversing with you man.