Ict

I wonder how close he is to that Million Dollar Challenge?? :slight_smile:

Hey P&R, nice to hear from you. I donā€™t stay in touch with ICTā€™s other students that much, so I really canā€™t say with certainty. Names like Jonnycab, PurplePatch, Sladha, Calrke would be guesses at best. I know that Chris Lorie uses similar tools to ICT, though heā€™s not a student. ICTā€™s teaching is not a specific methodology or system, but he teaches the use of tools that are widely accepted as valuable. Iā€™ve never checked out Sam Seidenā€™s trading record, but I do like supply and demand zones as he teaches them, which Jason Stapleton sort of calls structure. Iā€™ve never checked into Chris Capreā€™s trading record, but I did buy his price action course, and I do utilize candlesticks and patterns he teaches in my analysis. I think Murphyā€™s textbook, Trading in the Zone, Carneyā€™s book on Harmonics as well as Pesaventoā€™s are very helpful as well. I have the Elder and Dalton books, but find them a little dry, and another Pivot book that I think is great. There is a fellow named Shane Daly who made some interesting videos on Supply and Demand, and a some other folks on Youtube as well. ICT used to teach the ā€˜power of threeā€™ and ā€˜market makerā€™ patterns, which are basic Dow theory. I like Boris Schlosbergā€™s book, and Kathy Liens which references methods that are similar to ICTā€™s.

There really is no debating the sentance: ā€˜Many of the tools that ICT teaches, are widely used by successful traders.ā€™ They are certainly not the only technical tools out there. I will never be able to trade exactly like ICT, because I am not ICT. Itā€™s not about who should we follow, as if weā€™re joining a religion, picking a favorite sports team or getting married. Different things will teach different people. My whole point with ICT has been that the tools he teaches are valuable for some people to learn, and that it takes some degree of kindness to make the effort to teach others as ICT does. I have prepared and delivered PowerPoint training to large groups of people a few times, and it really is tedious to prepare, re-read, edit and practice presentations. I just think some appreciation is in order.

Maybe people are right that ICT gets a feeling of power from all the attention, and being regarded as a leader. I think thatā€™s human nature though. I guess this thread is getting a little played out to say the least. I hope all is going well with you P&R, and that your trading is flourishing. I am planning to go full time begining this July.

Hi Hogarste,

I am doing really well and surprisingly, I am better than I deserved :slight_smile:

I too wonder where those guys at PurplePatch, Jonnycab, and others. Hopefully, they are doing well as well and making money.
The thing is, ICT wants and needs attention from the start. He wants an audience so everyone can see and watch his show. Fortunately for him, he did get the attention that he seeks. He made so many followers and every newbie who join in BP forum always refer to his thread and nowhere elseā€¦ so yes it is like and feels like joining a cult/religion. If he doesnā€™t want the attention, he should have stopped that from the beginning but noā€¦ he keeps making videos ( god knows how many ) and keep making promises to his followers ā€¦.

The last event was ā€¦.he finally open up a Million Dollar Challenge and to the eyes of his loyal followers , these will serve as their ā€œhopesā€ and ā€œdreamsā€ that finally their ā€œMentorā€ is going to do it. For me, I think ICT owe his audience/loyal followers that. He put in a good show sooo where is it? The last time we check he was in a massive drawdown and a very lame excuse is to teach ā€œusā€ a lessonā€¦

In conclusion, as of this date, no one knows what had happen to that account or the Million Dollar Challenge that he put himself into. So the current ending isā€¦he can not trade and he is good at making videos and making promises that he cannot keepā€¦ ā€¦Unless there is a twist that we are not aware off but until then, this thread will still be hereā€¦ the conversation still lives on until everyone maybe gets tired of it or maybe gets too old and forget everything what had happen Lol ā€¦but I am sure someone will post a reminder over againā€¦

Good-luck trading fulltime!.. I am happy to hear that from youā€¦

Obviously his stuff is generic and not originalā€¦ All it is is generic theories and concepts that make up technical analysis. The funny thing is how you guys keep brushing off the fact that when it came down to ICT actually proving he could tradeā€¦ He blew up his $2,500 account. Thatā€™s a denial of reality to ignore fact and still try and say you think heā€™s someone that is worth a second thoughtā€¦ Googling ā€œtechnical analysisā€ will give you the same information that ICT was spreadingā€¦ Without the nuisance and distraction of the character himself.

Sorryā€¦ Taking his myfxbook down was a pitiful admission of calling off the challenge. You can speculate all you want about his current account statusā€¦ But the reality is the latest account information was it being down 70% ā€¦ If you have a link to the same myfxbook account that shows the current performance and its in profit, then you have a valid argumentā€¦ Otherwise itā€™s just wishful thinking on your part.

Iā€™m just going by the known facts. You canā€™t really argue against me until you show me the myfxbook performance that contradicts the last one everyone else saw.

This is the account he is showing now, itā€™s now an Alpari account. The facts are shady, to say the least.

I think itā€™s about time this ridiculous waste of forum space was closed permanently.
It would certainly save the moderators the trouble of continuously monitoring & deleting the fresh accounts of that clown & ICT clone akeakamai.

[QUOTE=ā€œshadowline;584922ā€]I think itā€™s about time this ridiculous waste of forum space was closed permanently. It would certainly save the moderators the trouble of continuously monitoring & deleting the fresh accounts of that clown & ICT clone akeakamai.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the proposal

I think itā€™s all a fake personally, for a few reasons (sorry the quote above is messed up, couldnā€™t find AKE47ā€™s original youtube comment)

I found his youtube post ranging from laughable to downright offensiveā€¦ Telling us to demand more from our mentors in transperancy, proof of success blah blah blahā€¦ Then going on to show his fxbook account with all the vital info hidden! What a load of dribble! That rising equity line? Itā€™s probably cash deposits from his real income, burger flipping @ Mac Dā€™s

I used to be one of his followers but the more he says the more obvious heā€™s a fakeā€¦ sorry guys :confused:

Michael Youā€™re a fake mate, admit it, or prove me wrong & post the original fxbook link with all the transactions in full view. I can guarantee you this wonā€™t happen

[QUOTE=ā€œsourgrapes;584947ā€] nono friend, you donā€™t have to apologize! The class kept on movinā€™ without you. nobody really cared that you stopped showing up for class[/QUOTE]

Why donā€™t you explain how this plays out for you? You know, to us single account users.
Let me take a stab at it first though.
Here it goes:

You obsessively lurk this thread looking for a post that does not fall in line with your ict cult like ideals.

When that happens, your panties get bunched up and your little thong becomes terribly uncomfortable.

Then, in a childish rage, you hurry over to your favorite free email provider and open a new one as quickly as possible. Is there a method to this part? Do you use different ict terminology for this short lived account? Sniper, OCT, No Myfxbookā€¦ Is there a favorite provider that letā€™s you carry out this step faster than the rest?? This could be important for your fellow trolls.

Finally, you reach your special pathetic little climax, by opening another shamefully dirty BP account that allows you to reach your self induced happy ending, as you unload your first post in response to the negative ict post.

Is that how it goes?

[QUOTE=ā€œsourgrapes;584988ā€] I fill it with garbage, because that is what it is for[/QUOTE]

I just think that logic is like someone being abusive, and then blaming their victim. No offense, but blaming a thread for the things you post, which shows no consideration for others, does not make sense.

I agree that some of the stuff he teaches is generic, but he put a lot of effort into teaching it, which deserves some level of appreciation and respect. He did a couple of video series this past year that are very helpful.

I totally agree that his performance in the challenge the first few months did not prove he could trade. I barely followed the challenge, but I think that whether his teachings are helpful, and whether ICT proved can trade well publicly are different things.

Imagine Chris Capre starting a similar challenge. Suppose you follow his methods, and in the beginning of the challenge, you see him go short on a bullish pin-bar, at the bottom of a down-trend. Iā€™d be like ā€˜dudeā€¦what are you doing?ā€™ There were several trades in the beginning last year that just did not make sense at all. I donā€™t know what happened. I understand that some people donā€™t like the persona he projects, but that is unrelated to whether his videos do or do not have value.

The videos that he created only has ā€œvalueā€ if it was demonstrated properly and apply it correctly on how to use it and get the result that is needed. Otherwise, it is just full of it and itā€™s uselessā€¦Also, why on every freaking slide shows has ā€œICTā€ in most ,if not all, titles in it? Like ICT Judas Swing, ICT Smart Money are name just a fewā€¦ So for every newbies see and watch those videos thinking that he created those toolsā€¦ What a good way to make a brand out of itā€¦I wonder if Chris Capre, Chris Lori , etc do the same thing putting their names on every single slide shows/ articles that they publishā€¦

Only ā€œsomeā€ of his stuffā€¦? Name something he teaches that canā€™t be found anywhere elseā€¦ Lol

Youā€™re comparing chalk & cheese.
If I were Capre Iā€™d be mildly insulted to be talked about in the same breath as Huddleston.

Unlike your hero, Capre appears a balanced, mature, reasonably intelligent individual.
I might be wrong, but I donā€™t recall him ever losing emotional control on here & exhibiting major issues with his discipline & temperament.

Thatā€™s the difference between grounded individuals & immature, egotistic attention seekers.

I think that most of your post makes sense, and I can understand why you feel the way that you do. I have complete respect for Chris Capre, the product I recieved for the money I spent, the way Chris treats people who ask questions, etc.

I have read a lot of ICT posts that were very respectful to people who questioned him politely. I was trying to make a point about why when analyzed, some of the trades from the ICT challenge were miles away from what he taught. I agree that at times Michael can be percieved as arrogant. Chris shares many great things for free and is totally worth checking out, but remember that ICT does not want money for anything he teaches. There is nothing wrong with expecting money for teaching others in my view.

I understand that his naming conventions for certain tools might seem a bit much to some. If I were puting together a playbook of tools, and were going to pick the most logical (for me) 20 tools out of 50, I might try to give them catchy names that relate to things Iā€™m interested in as well. Iā€™m not claiming that he invented anything, other then selecting the combination of tools and processes he shares. Itā€™s the combination that is helpful to people, in a field when one could choose a hundred different things and feel totally lost, to have a professional say ā€œhere are the 20 tools I use to make a living, for free.ā€ I can forgive the ā€˜take my ball and go homeā€™ behavior, because I can understand how someone might get that fustrated. I would not call ICT a ā€œheroā€ but a teacher who helped make market analysis more approachable. A few posts ago, I listed some other learning sources that Iā€™ve also found helpful.

Rightā€¦ If a ā€œprofessionalā€ who made a living did that ā€¦ That would be one thing.

Howeverā€¦ In the situation with ICTā€¦ We had a poster [B]claiming[/B] to be making a living from the tools (to give credibility)ā€¦ But when it came to actually demonstrating that he was what he said he wasā€¦ He fell flat. Thereby the credibility that ā€œthese 20 tools worksā€ disappears and you are left with wasted time.

I totally understand how ICTā€™s performance in the challenge made him lose credibility with some. Some people think that there was more to his poor perfomance initially then meets the eye. Iā€™m one of those people, due to several reasons that are analytically based rather than emotionally based. Itā€™s totally possible that Iā€™m wrong. I canā€™t prove that Michael Huddleston / ICT is the succesful trader he conveys himself as. He lives eight hours from where I do, and I just dont care enough (plus my doing so would make me very creepy) to investigate.

A couple of the tools are basic Dow theory, and we agree that is a good thing to understand? He teaches entries on Fibonacci retracements of 62%-79%, as well as utilizing AB=CD projections. Inter-market analysis, divergece, understanding the affect of interest rate changes, support and resistance, market structure, multiple time frame analysis, understanding where order blocks are, and a bunch of other tools. Of the tools I listed, which ones would you say probably donā€™t work, because ICT performed poorly at the start of the challenge? Arguing that Fibonacci percentages are not used by the large banks to manipulate price, is like arguing that the world is flat. Nearly every day on multiple time frames, there is proof that Fibonacci percentages occur in trading. I think itā€™s on purpose, not because on holy intervention.

The best critique (an argument I donā€™t agree with) is that he demostrates so many tools, that in retrospect a couple are bound to work, but that does not mean they are easily usable in real life trading. People thought that he would show via the challenge that the tools could easily be used going forward. Although I think he rebounded, Iā€™ve just been too busy this past year to follow everything. Iā€™ve been working on my trading, and trying to get my own skill level to where I feel like I can do this full time. If you trade with the results you want, and donā€™t buy into any of the ā€œICTā€ tools, then I honestly think that is awesome. ICT tools will be a part of my trading, but not the only part.

Rightā€¦ None of the tools, theories, concepts, that he teaches are his own thoughā€¦ Thatā€™s the point entirely. If nothing is original to him and everything can be found in other sources (which it easily can) then why is any credit given to him at all? Even at the end of your post you say ā€œICT tools will be a part of my tradingā€ ā€¦ LOL these arenā€™t HIS tools and when it came time to actually demonstrating how to use them in realtime he couldnā€™t ā€¦ It was all hindsight. One can easily say ā€œFibonacci levels are unarguably importantā€ when you draw a chart in hindsightā€¦ The question is in real time where do you put the ā€œ0ā€ and ā€œ1ā€ values and which fib level is significantā€¦ This is why someone can easily make any number of tools look like flawless money makers on historical chartsā€¦ Or give vague Analysis in real timeā€¦ And then explain which tools would best be used for the time in question AFTER it has passedā€¦

Basically the equivalent would be him posting an hour long video explaining the concepts behind basic home tools such as the screwdriver, hammer and measuring tape. But as heā€™s holding up a screwdriver he tells the camera itā€™s the ā€œICT ScrewRodā€ and then he picks up the hammer and says its the ā€œOptimal Impact Deviceā€ or OID for short. Then when it comes time for him actually showing how the tools are used in real time he posts a 30 minute video of him wailing on a nail with the handle of the screw driver.

Does rehashing the basic premise of technical analysis using historical charts with concepts that predate him and with no new spin besides fancy names deserves any kind of credit? No. Does blowing 70% of a publicly traded account deserve any credit? No. Does not having any followers who have come forward with any demonstrable and substantial progress in their trading deserve any credit? No. Does making free YouTube videos of material that can be found in other sources online deserve any credit? No.

So what exactly does he deserve credit forā€¦?

As Hogarste mentioned, ICT had so many ā€œtoolsā€ at his disposal, that when he traded in hindsight (isnā€™t that all we ever saw), there was always a tool that would work.
He showed many tools, but never an actual methodology or finite way to use the tools to trade. Kind of like looking at a car and saying ā€œthis is the brakeā€, ā€œthis is the acceleratorā€, ā€œthis is the indicatorā€. Now you can drive.

He taught ā€œthingsā€ and not really how you could realistically apply them. He selected the appropriate ā€œthingsā€ on charts that already happened, and cannot recall on live ones.

Being an infinitely better teacher than you, for one.

oh you donā€™t want to teach? yeah cause youā€™re here to troll, we already knew that :wink: