Ict

Well, actually, he did teach how to realistically apply them. It isn’t for everyone, he made that clear from the beginning. Quit hanging around if you don’t get it lol

How many full time traders do you think he’s produced from his teachings… Afterall that should be the metric for a forex trading teacher no?

You do not realistically apply them to old charts. Anyone can do that. I have not seen him actively trade for the RHS of the charts.

No that’s a terrible metric for a forex trading teacher. Full time trading requires extensive, mult-year personal emotional growth that someone over the internet could never do for you.

But the better point is that he doesn’t owe anything to you as a critic. CHANGE THE CHANNEL. The people he has helped know it, and I’m sure that makes it worth his while.

I do it all the time. I guess I have this rare ability to take a generic lesson, and then apply it independently to real-time situations.

Actually it is a very valid metric. That’s the whole point of people trying to learn forex… To trade full time. A teachers role is to facilitate that. And judging by your response… I doubt you or anyone else here believes he has facilitated a single new trader into a full time trader.

I know he has, and will create many more in the future. You think they all have the desire to come to BP and prove their success to you? What a joke, who do you think you are. Nobody cares about you dude

So in other words you are admitting, Akeakami, that there are people who are exponetially smarter, better, and more dedicated to forex trading then you given that if he facilitated them to trading full time… And you aren’t even close… They absorbed the same teaching you had access to that much better? Lol…

yup, I think that me being here talking to you is pretty good evidence of how dumb I am.

Your post is a very clever one. I give ICT credit for helping me to better understand various aspects of market analysis. At the end of the day, if we’re debating the value of his videos, I do think they are very helpful. I also think that it took kindness to go to the effort he did. I also think that BP became very polarized, because there was a lack of tolerance by some in the ICT crowd towards those who werent into the ICT approach.

I think some of those fellows on the ICT thread (not referring to the one or two who went a little too far) did do pretty well with the ICT stuff (I call it that only to be brief, ICT does not own or invent it), but I’m not sure how interested they are in BP. Frankly, I try to be a voice that keeps the argument balanced, and I do appreciate and value of ICT’s efforts and feel that I owe some loyalty by giving my honest opinion. Perhaps I should try to let it go, as this debate is probably boring everyone beyond belief. I openly admit that I am not a professional trader as of today, and therfore my thoughts deserve to be taken with a grain of salt.

all aboard the london express!

So where is the great one now?

Must be on the London Express

I’ve decided to unsubscribe from this thread, as I think it’s at the point where all posts here, including / especially mine are a waste of everyones time. I absolutely wish everyone the best of luck in their trading, regardless of the methods used.

There’s a reason why the melting pot is right next to the arcade. Just sayin’…

“ICT’s basic trade is a retrace off a D1 candidate, TP at H4 or H1. Not a bad bread n butter trade.”
-NB

But
"he has too many moving parts."
-MT

:slight_smile:

He’s posted a new video, 40 minutes long. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, though (time is money!).

I am not claiming any of these points. I am just expressing them. Well, i do claim against ICT, but i want to put an objective pros and cons list. If i am missing something please tell me. So we could wright all the arguments in one short post and be done with it. All those 500< words posts are a waste of time for readers as well as participants.

Summary.

For ict:

• His tools derive from basics like S/R, fibonacci, oscilator divergence etc. In that way he only introduces newbies to basic information in a fashionable manner. Hence those tools are correct in a way.
  • He puts his effort and makes video (a lot of them) + its free. Who in his right mind would waste time for that if that’s not working?
  • He claims he makes money. And i believe him.
  • His tools seem to work in hindsight.
  • Any knowledge is better than nothing
  • If you do not succeed using ICT method you are not putting enough effort and time.
  • ICT and his followers don’t have to prove anything to you.
  • ICT cannot share his account, because he controls a lot of money and he is concerned about his safety.

Against:

• His tools only work in hindsight.
  • There are so many of them that its bound to be correct in some times. There is a saying “A broken watch is right twice a day”.
  • Previous money challenge which ended in huge drawdown.
  • No legit, hard proof that he is profitable whatsoever despite his claims he is.
  • His knowledge might be more harmful than helpful as he himself cannot use that knowledge correctly to make money.
  • Not being able to cope with any critique which lowers integrity.
  • Using sock puppets. Such behaviour reduces integrity.
  • A huge amount of followers who don’t come forward with their profitable accounts.
  • ICT and his followers yet come here and argue, but they cannot prove their arguments with profitable accounts.
  • ICT can always hide his balance and everything else, so he could protect his capital size. Interested only in gains and trade history.

I think thats that. If anyone else has some points please share. This way we can finally shrink this debate into key points and save ourselves a lot of time.

I still wait for that day when his majesty dare to share his profitable account again. Or for that matter any other member, which seem to take the same path with profitability claims.

Yep, and more, to make a student think.

Samir, I know you have encountered those that ‘give’ signals, encouraging zero thinking, I also suspect that you, like me, are a thinker, one thing that I enjoyed in all of ICT’s videos - he would pause and say ‘think’.

You have a good persona, seldom to be found today, I have seen your posts elsewhere, never give up.

Thanks for [I]your 500-word post. [/I]

Like all the other 500-word posts on this stupid thread, your 500-word post is a waste of time for anyone who bothers to read it.

How does perpetuating this stupid thread save anyone a lot of time?