Ideas on Cable

I agree, next week it will likely continue moving to the downside, and it may even break out below 1.2940.

The pair is still very bearish and is about to test the support at 1.2825 once again. After that there will likely be a breakout below 1.2500 as well.

GBP/Usd started the week with a bearish gap and downward movements continue on Brexit disappointment. In the H4 chart, the pair is consolidating around 1.2840 before the further decline as long as the Irish border problem stays unsolved.

GBP/USD bounced off from 1.2825 and moved to the upside. It is currently so bullish it will likely reach 1.3050.

Did you trade the Brexit news?

Once again, Brexit related headlines about the EU and the UK agreed on a Brexit deal have been driven the pair and hit this week high. But it is still a long way ahead of us, the deal is yet to be approved by the UK’s parliament, let’s see.

I managed to trade part of the rally but currently I have closed my long positions. That said, the pair may rise towards 1.3060.

GBP/Usd had rollercoaster day while Brexit news kept coming. Currently, the pair is trading just under 1.30 level and lack of strong directional strength, I guess only Brexit headlines will tell us more clearly about where this pair going.

GBP/USD fell sharply today due to fundamentals and it may continue falling towards 1.2700.

Still moving down, fairly quickly at the moment. I opened a short position this morning ET and am 50 pips in profit. Most of that came in the last 30 min! Can we get down to Oct lows? I think that’s the next level of support. But who knows with the Brexit “talks”.

The pair reached 1.2720 and bounced off from that support, next target will likely be at 1.2900.

GBP/Usd pulled up from yesterday’s loss but remain bearish. As long as Brexit uncertainty continues, the Pound will remain under pressure. Eyes on European summit scheduled for Sunday next week.

GBP/Usd seems going to recover the small gap, the pair is in the negative territory but showing no clear directional strength at the moment, 1.28 level acts as important support.

The pair bounced off from 1.2885 but the retracement may continue towards 1.2900 until the end of the week.

So far the resistance at 1.2885 is holding, the pair has tested it numerous times and it has failed to break out below it. What is more, there’s a spinning top candlestick at that level on the daily time-frame, so there may be a new move to the downside.

There was a move to the downside indeed but the pair once again found some support at 1.2780. Sideways consolidation will likely continue for now.

The consolidation is getting tighter and tighter and there may not be a breakout in either direction by the end of the week.

Were you expecting the 100 pip spike down in price this morning? looks like it happened within seconds and immediately corrected - a mini flash crash so to speak :wink: (11:25 UK time)

The pair holds on its gains and consolidation movement continues, but upside seems limited. Resistance can be seen at 1.2890/1.2900 and follow by 1.2930.

For now it’s testing the support at 1.2800 though there likely won’t be a breakout before the end of the day.