If you were a profitable trader, what would you do?

Imagine yourself as a successful trader, making those winning moves and seeing your investments grow. Would you be the trader with all the secrets? Or are you all about paying it forward by sharing your hard-earned trading wisdom? Would you be the one sipping cocktails on a beach after an early retirement? What would you do?

7 Likes

i would be the silent trader ,hereā€™s why
1.market conditions change over years ,it evolve everytime someone come up with a new profiting idea,so sharing your experiences is suicidal.

2.traders will only believe in their knowledge and experiences and their egos ,so no one really care what you share actually ,because itā€™s out of their understanding .thats why scammers speak louder than good trader nowaday.

lastly , profiting in investment is not overnight thing ,its more like a highpaid salary ,it take soo much time to grow your ac .

cheers

12 Likes

Iā€™d still be visiting babypips, but less often. Part of the reason for being here is to get positive criticism on things Iā€™m trialling or thinking about for the future. But when all those issues are settledā€¦

I would be very happy to discuss strategy in detail, as I always have been. I might be a little more discriminating who I correspond with. But I donā€™t believe I would ever be using a strategy which would be destroyed as soon as it was shared, its not a matter of preference, oits just not a realistic expectation.

Maybe someone can identify a strategy that worked brilliantly and then died out as soon as it was shared.

7 Likes

When I become profitable I will continue my journey to try and improve and get better.

5 Likes

If Iā€™d be profitable enough, I want to set up a small shelter for dogs and Iā€™d buy them lots of treats everytime I win. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Spot on @fyon26 :ok_hand:

1 Like

As for me, Iā€™d probably relax once in a while. But I canā€™t sit on a beach and do nothing for more than a day.

Iā€™d like to do some philanthropy. Thatā€™d be pretty cool.

Iā€™d still be studying charts, but not as much. Iā€™d probably limit it to one hour a day.

4 Likes

IMO, the only long term strategy for success is trend trading, whatever financial instrument that is available. The only major need is following price action!!!.

However, it is most important to have an account size that can invest ā€˜long termā€™ to maximise profits. The Big boys would be utilising the 200MA for weekly and monthly trade positioning.

Hence I would suggest that FX trading is best using the Daily chart as a minimum ā€˜investmentā€™. You only have to look at the Daily candle price movement to understand how to sip cocktails on the retirement beach.

As a tip, follow the USD/CAD pair as I understand that there is a political.agreement of a price trend movement that both countries allow their currencies to reach without taking remedial action.

5 Likes

I would choose an early retirement, of course.

Based on Sartreā€™s idea, ā€œPeople are suffering from the sin of freedom.ā€ Except for the job or earning money, I have lots of hobbies such as taking care of stray dogs and cats, soft interior design, yoga, traveling around the world, and being with my lover.

So I choose a risky way to make my life richer, and it does! So I donā€™t need to overwork (sharing wisdom included), just wanna do what I want.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the same boat as you. Why continue working for money, if you have a method of earning money that only requires thinking?

If you WANT to do a particular job, then I understand. I think most people want to stay busy, and there are so many ways of doing it.

You can direct your own time (doing what you want), or you can delegate that to someone else (have a job and your boss directs your time).

For me, staying at a job where a supervisor is being annoying and I have to deal with nonsense, that doesnā€™t sound appealing at all. It would take time for me to find a perfect job environment that I would be willing to continuously show up to.

Iā€™d rather do like @ShaniaLee and pursue my many interests.

Just these interests are MORE than enough to keep you busy forever. You could even just pick TWO of them, and that could be enough. Having multiple interests is a great thing.

But there are people who just donā€™t know what to do with themselves. No interests, no hobbies. They have no idea who they are. Perhaps not knowing who you are and what youā€™re interested in is a heavier burden than pursuing multiple endeavors.

4 Likes

Maybe share the strategy with friends and family to see if they can copy it and also be successful. Nothing better than having a team around you and why not let that be the people you spend the most time with? If theyā€™re interested of course.

But I think financial independence will allow you to get into other things, hobbies, charities, whatever. That would be a great life!

1 Like

Is this public knowledge or some insider stuff?

Itā€™s financial knowledge to anyone that follows fundamentals.

2 Likes

You make some really solid points there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Totally get where youā€™re coming from. Babypips has been such a valuable place for learning and getting constructive feedback.

2 Likes

Love that mindset! The journey never really ends. Thereā€™s always something new to discover and a smarter move to make in the market.

1 Like

I also love dogs and thatā€™s such a heartwarming idea! Just imagine all those pups enjoying treats every time you win :heart:

Really cool idea! Itā€™s always nice to give back.

2 Likes

Lifeā€™s all about enjoying the journey, and youā€™re certainly doing it your way.

1 Like

Yep! Itā€™s really fulfilling to contribute to the financial success of the people we care about and be part of their journey.

2 Likes