If youre having a bad day (not trading related), do you still trade?

Yes, I agree.

It’s no secret that trading itself is stressful for many. And if we add problematic situations outside of trading, the psychological burden on the trader can be even greater. Therefore, it is better to trade when there are no such problems. If you don’t think about other matters or problems, then it will help you avoid making mistakes and incurring financial losses when trading.

I do my best to distract from those suppressing feelings I have, because I understand that trading is the sphere which one must approach with “fresh” head free of any intrusive, bad thoughts.
It can be learnt only with experience, and of course, it makes sense to apply different practices for purifying the mind from intrsuvei thgoughts liek meditation. it really helps to calm yourself down. but if you understand that it’s impossible to concentrate on the chart, it’s better to take a day off.

If your trading decisions cause losses and these are due to emotional state, are you using the best strategy?

Can you eliminate or at least minimise the subjective components of your trade analyses and management?

If you are in a bad emotional state, then other strategies will not help. In my opinion, you need to solve those issues that create a problem and poor health, and only then continue to trade according to your trading strategy, which, if you are in a good emotional state, gives a profit.

@Fin_Trader - That’s correct of course, but it’s easier and quicker to find a trading strategy with the least subjective / personal input than it is to re-build your entire life.

And this is a trading website. I think I can offer legitimate information on trading but what qualifications do I have as a life mentor, a counsellor?

It’s best not to trade when emotions are heightened.
Take a break and revisit the markets with a clear mind.
Emotional trading often leads to suboptimal decisions.

1 Like

Absolutely, emotions can cloud judgment :+1:

Agree with you on this one. Taking a step back, maybe going for a walk or doing something to clear the mind has always helped me focus better.