I'm only in first grade 😇

I just finished preschool and kindergarten in the School of Pipsology. :partying_face:

It’s incredible that all this knowledge is available for free.

The babypips writers did a great job in creating the lessons. :clap: The lessons are fun and simple to understand with funny cartoons like this one:

Lesson learned! I don’t wanna end up like that guy. I’ll do all I can to make sure I never get liquidated.

I look forward to getting started on first grade, and diving into technical analysis.

I’ve also been reading Unknown Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager. In the book Pavel Krejci said,

Years ago, when I searched for what I could do, I knew I wanted to find something where the success or failure would depend only on me, not my colleagues, my boss, or anybody else. If I make money, that’s great; if I lose money, it’s my mistake. Trading is great in this way. You can’t find many other activities where success or failure depends on you.

I love this quote. It’s how I feel about trading with what I’ve learned so far. I love the fact that how awesome I am or how much I suck as a trader is all up to me.

I’m taking my sweet time to master the the craft of trading. In the beginning, I wasn’t sure if trading was right for me.

But after going through preschool and kindergarten, and reading the book, I know that being a trader is where I truly belong.

My name is Paul. I’m in California. I’m grateful to be in babypips. I already feel at home here.

Now that New York is in lockdown, what will Wall Street traders do?

Insider Trading! :laughing:

Ah! Pipsology!
Cool!
Nice to meet you!
James [Removed for Forums Policy violation]

Welcome. Great mindset to become successful. Practice and experiment on a regulated broker’s demo account. Aim to preserve your capital all the time. best of luck.

Wall Street traders will do what they always do in these fundamental circumstances - they protect their open positions. Expect to see volatile market movements.

I love the enthusiasm, Paul! :blush: I’m excited to see how your journey will progress cause I’m sure that there’s so much potential. :blush: If you ever have any questions along the way, you can always ask us here and I’m sure the other experienced members will also try to help out. :smiley: Good luuuck!

Nice to meet you, James!

Thanks for the encouragement and tips steve369.

Does 369 have something to do with Tesla, or does it mean something else?

Thank you ria_rose. :slightly_smiling_face: I have a long journey ahead of me. I’m moving like the tortoise. :turtle: Slow and steady wins the race.

1. Well spotted. Indeed a Tesla concept. Just a good luck token. Not that it has done me any favours this year. However, I can say without hesitation, I’ve finally got my strategy act together for the New Year.
1 Like

Hi Paul! Congratulations. Retaining information is a must to progress as a trader. It’s great you are revising too. Keep learning. In no time, you will graduate and be ready to trade.

Thanks, Wildbille!