I'm trying out the HLHB system!

Hi guys.
think it’d be better to stand aside when market is in tight range as the picture shows. i didn’t take the last 3 signals. the market is there tomorrows too. I will take the next signal with enough power/momentum behind it.

Hi alberto.gp
it is risky to take signals which go into news specially interest rate. volatility of market can shoot the trader out easily

2 Likes

Hi @M123! :smiley: Haha. I’m super happy to have you heeere. :blush: I haven’t put in a trade yet either. :slight_smile: I guess it’s better than having to worry about the erratic moves and ending up with red pips. :sweat_smile: Do you think the market will continue ranging? :thinking:

Hi ria-rose
oh mate what to say. let’s wait and see. don’t forget that the week is finishing.

Hey guys
system rules tells us to closed the trade at the weekend. but what about new signals? look at the picture they are end of week signals( Fri Eve)
I didn’t take them but the next week shows that i should have taken them.

any experience/comment ?

1 Like

Haha. Sorry for putting you on the spot there! :sweat_smile: Anyway, Manxx shared this before. :slight_smile:

He pointed out that Huck also has trades on weekends. It’s the original version of the system that says we should close our trades by the end of every week. :smiley: :slight_smile: I still close my trades though. :sweat_smile:

Hello @ria_rose,

I think we can use the lot sizing strategy in order to have a wide stop loss but only put in risk an small % of the total capital.

For example I use only the 1% of the total capital in risk in each trade, the stop loss can be fix in the amount of pips (e.g. 100 pips) what is going to change is the lot zie.

1 Like

Hello @M123,

I’m closing the trade at the end of the week just to avoid unexpected movements and save my gains or avoid additional losses.

Your example is good, in this specific case all indicators are showing that you should open a long position and let it run during the weekend, I would take the risk, but base in my really small experience :smiley: a lot of unexpected movements sometimes happen during weekends.

are you more of a day trader or swing trader, ria? because if you’re a day trader then I was told that you shouldn’t be opening trades at night and leaving them open until the morning

1 Like

Hi Alberto
if you go through your trades which one has been more beneficial holding the trade through weekend and close next week or close at the weekend ?

I’m pretty new over here from the DOW and yes in that environment There does seem to be some risk with “weekends”, but watching “Forex” I rarely see “Gaps” and I think if you go back say 6 months and walk through the “hourlies” - without looking at the X axis, it is almost impossible to tell where the “weekends” occur, just from price action.

I have no fear - except “received wisdom” to say “avoid weekends” - I’d be interested if you could post a few charts where “big moves” happen at weekends and leave a big “Gap” :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “received wisdom” is based on the fact that the markets are closed over the weekend and therefore the SL is disabled and leaves the trade entirely exposed to a gap opening beyond the SL when they return.

Such a gap may not always appear on historical charts because markets have a habit of filling gaps.

But the issue is not just whether one does/does not leave open trades. It is whether one has actually recognised the risk present in an exposure without a stop loss and made a conscious decision whether it is acceptable or not according to the trade concerned.

Longer term position traders will not normally close positions over a weekend but a short term trader may well lock in profits or postpone a new entry until the new opening.

Also, it is very often the case that a better entry level can be achieved on the following Sunday/Monday anyway, as well as having avoided the weekend exposure risk.

It is really nothing more than yet another risk management issue that should be recognised, understood, analysed and a decision made rather than just a blanket policy issue.

2 Likes

Hi @justshell! :slight_smile: Haha. I’d say I’m more of a day trader, yes. :smiley: But hmmm. :thinking: I often just choose to leave my trades open and wait for the system to close them. :confused: I feel like it’s the more “mechanical” approach since I’ve just started trying the system out. Haha. :smiley: But, let’s see! I’ll keep this in mind! :blush:

Hi guuuuys! :smiley: Haha. Happy Monday. :blush: I hope you all had amazing weekends! :smiley:

Again, I still have an open position for USDJPY. :stuck_out_tongue: I went short @ 111.536 and I’m currently 20 pips up. :smiley: Haha. (I kinda forgot about this one again. :sweat:) It might be changing direction soon though. :thinking: But wow, at least I got to trade JPY again! :slight_smile: Haha.

As for EUR and GBP, I’m still waiting for my chart and indicators to match the system’s criteria. Haha. :smiley:

Good luck to everyone this week! :smiley: :sunny:

I sold both of them when market opened today.

1 Like

Nice! :stuck_out_tongue: Good for you then! :smiley: I’m looking at the charts now and it seems like there was a pretty good drop for those pairs. :stuck_out_tongue:

EU closed for +7 pips but didn’t take the Buy signal

1 Like

Hello @M123,

Currently I’m closing my trades before the weekend since I’m testing the HLHB system and trading in the short term therefore I would prefer to lock my profits. (if I have profits)

I know that mid-term and long term traders don’t close their trades during weekends because their strategy is different.

Then I think it depends about your risk tolerance.

1 Like

Hello all,

I opened a long position in EURUSD since the indicators are showing a buying opportunity:

I will inform you of the performance of the trade.

1 Like

Hi guuuys! :smiley: :blush: Good afternoon. :slight_smile: Just wanna update you about my open trades for this system. :nerd:

For GBPUSD, I went long @ 1.29573. :slight_smile: As you can see, I’m currently a few pips up and the market seems to be going up. :smiley: Haha.

I also went long for EURUSD @ 1.15645 and it seems to have been a good signal. :slight_smile: Let’s just hope the market stays in this direction. Haha. :smiley:

Just for a change, I also looked into JPY and put in a short position @ 111.302. Do you also have an open position for JPY @Alberto.GP? :smiley: Haha. I think it was you who inspired me to look into it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have any open positions for EURUSD currently? :smiley: