I'm trying out the HLHB system!

I do that sometimes, by taking two bets and closing one in profit but letting the other run. Depending on your broker, you may be able to do that, or to just close half your bet ? Agina I don’t know - but some make life really difficult with “Averaging” of bets, meaning you can’t have a long term “short” and a short term “long” which are really separate bets, or some sort of “FIFO” system - neither of which seem helpful to me ! - Anyway, i digress again. Sorry ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “Big bar” I spoke of was on the 5 minute chart @ria_rose. I tend to be a little “aggressive” (HELL _ NO! they all shout ! ) with my entries (He says - ignoring the hecklers ! ) - around 8 bars ago. And sure enough, it retraced fully. Now back again to just below the 1.3200 level again and does nt really seem to have generated enough momentum in it’s reversal to “punch through” - So back to watching again.

Hi to all, sometimes I trade with this system… but in little different way… as explain I have rsi and adx (25 value as line short or long) , but i had the 200 sma … to define the direction, below only short , above only buy

1 Like

i’m still whatching if is better adx 25 or 20… :weary:

This “averaging” sounds confusing. :confounded: Haha. :slight_smile: I guess I’d stick to the system for now. :smiley: Please please if you have time, I hope you could share what you think of my demo trades. Haha. :slight_smile: I’ll be updating regularly (until I go live!!!) :smiley:

This is how my chart for GBPUSD is looking. :confused: I feel like it’s gaining a bearish momentum since I’m just now at .16% profit (from .41% awhile ago). :frowning:

Update: Now down to .13% Huhu
Update 2: Now down to .08% profit. :frowning: Oh my. I’m gonna close the trade now. :frowning: 10 pips is better than no pips huhu

Another tweak to the system! :smiley: That sounds interesting! How is it working for you so far? :thinking: Have you entered any trade today? :slight_smile:

Hi @massimiliano and welcome to the trial here! :slight_smile:

I also keep a 200sma on a 4H version and 800 (4H Proxy) on the 1H.

1 Like

Wow, your thread is moving at quite a pace today! :smiley: am Still flat on EU but rather happy about that! Sometimes no trade is better than a trade!!

Did you find the ADX? If not I’ll try to add a link toHLHB’s update.

Nice to see you here, @Falstaff! I don’t normally look at GU but in your honour I will set it up and follow that one too (but don’t take too much notice of anything I might say about it!!!)! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you will find all you need regarding the history of “tweaks”, including the ADX, in the links embedded in this posting by HLHB:

https://www.babypips.com/trading/forex-hlhb-system-20170226

1 Like

Hahaha. :blush: I’m really happy about this. :smiley: Haha. I don’t think I’ve been able to share much about my demo trading experience so far so it’s good to have you guys to discuss it with me! :nerd:

Btw, I closed my GBPUSD long position @1.31677 with .89 profits. Haha. :slight_smile: (It was heartbreaking to watch the pips drop so I just had to close it! Huhu.) Still pretty low. But I’m determined to keep trying. :sunny:

Good for you! My EURUSD bet has been super unstable. :frowning: I’m at a negative profit %. :frowning:

I think I found it. :smiley: I’ve added the ADX indicator to my chart. :slight_smile: Thanks Manxx! :smile:

I’m just waiting for the indicators to match the system’s criteria before I sell. :smiley:

I went long EU a little while back with a small token position just to stay in the field. If nothing else it will give me something to worry about while England is playing tonight………….:smiley:

HI , no , I trade when I have time , because of work, I use most of the time daily time frame , with 5 and 10 as usual ))

I hope , seems also to me , can be a good movement … dollar is strong.

1 Like

is waiting the 200 , seems to me that will have this up down for this week

1 Like

Scratched it at par. The ma pair is directionless and the market is boring!
If England wins today then they play our neighbour country, Sweden, next… Who to support in the situation! :confused:

1 Like

1-1 Full time - they haven’t won yet ! :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah! Not a pretty game in any way! Wouldn’t want to be the ref in this one!

1 Like

I also went long on EU @1.16481 and now I’m at 14 pips. :smiley: But my indicators are starting to show a change in the direction. :thinking:

What do you think? Huhu. :sweat_smile: I might close my current position and sell. :thinking:

As for GBPUSD, I’m still waiting for the RSI to go below 50. :smiley:

I cheated last night and closed my position on my own. :sweat_smile: But I think I’d like to really just trust the system for my next few trades so we could compare the discretionary and mechanical approach further. :smiley: