I'm trying out the HLHB system!

I think, as a general principle, it is good to stick with the rules while one is testing and learning the method, but it is also important to remember that you are the boss and not your system, and that means you can override the method whenever there is reason to do so. For example, as we have already noted, we are currently in the run-up to NFP and it could be wiser this week just to grab pips wherever they appear during this week and look for the longer runs from the method next week…

But i would also say that it is good to learn to focus more on the ma movements hourly than on the current profit, otherwise you will end up always closing out on pullbacks to “save the last few pips” but running your losses to their SL… Which will kill your profitability in the long run.

BTW we have visitors this week and i will be a bit preoccupied and not so active here until next Monday… But i will watch what is posted here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay! :smiley: I will keep this in mind. :slight_smile: The challenge for me here, I guess, is my personality and how I could be very indecisive. Huhu. :frowning: But I’ll really try to get better! :blush:

No problem. :smile: I hope you and your visitors have a really good time! :sunny: I’ll also try to update as much as I could so that maybe Falstaff and the others could also share what they think! :smiley: Super thank you guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Remember: Today is Independence Day in the US and watch the 200sma on the 4H - that is strong resistance…………

1 Like

still not clear , channel , 200 , and previous daily high… be carefull with long … personally i ll wait for short in case.

Personally, in the short term I agree - although SR considerations COULD put the pair at the start of a recovery, but I think it’s important to remember this thread is NOT about GBPUSD (Please start one if you feel inclined) - It is about a particular short - term trading strategy, which seems to show some promise.

We have to accept that some trades will win, others will lose and try to evlolve a set ofobservation based rules to minimise the latter and maximise te former. That is all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Falstaff , sorry if I post something about GBP USD , correct me if I’m wrong , the strategy was based on GBP USD EUR USD AND USD JPY … I think the thread is not only to see if a cross win or loose but improve it … if not tell me , I will start a new one … have a good day

1 Like

You are right that the original strategy has been developed over time by the author (who still posts her updates here and I think we should follow regularly here) and i currently applied to EU,GU and UJ.

Personally, I think that we need to keep a clear focus on the original core idea but that there is also scope to also look for, and suggest, improvements along the way that others can adopt if they wish.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to Hucklekiwi Pip’s latest report on the HLHB for last week ending 29.6.

https://www.babypips.com/trading/forex-hlhb-system-20180625

I confess that I have some difficulty understanding some of these trades with respect to the rules, expecially the exits. For example that GBPUSD stoploss? Looking back on my own charts for this, I would surely not have sat through that drop? - on the contrary I am sure I would have done a stop/reverse on the 26.6.? Am I missing something here? What do others think?

Actually, the GU looks very good over recent days!

Greetings from a very rainy, grey, Northcountry………

1 Like

Hi …as I understood , she use 150 pips trailing stop and 400 TP

Hello guuuuys. :smiley:

During my last trades, I got stopped out @1.16311 for EURUSD. :sweat_smile: I guess you really win some, lose some. :slight_smile: BUT! It’s still a earning experience. :smiley: Since I didn’t grab pips wherever they appear just like what @anon46773462 recommended. :frowning:

I don’t have any trades running right now since my indicators are not meeting the system’s criteria:

Thanks for this Manxx! :smiley: Since I’ve been a bit confused regarding those as well, I tried to read through the school again to see if there’s anything I’m missing! :cold_sweat:[quote=“Manxx, post:49, topic:156573”]
Greetings from a very rainy, grey, Northcountry……
[/quote]

Ooooh. :open_mouth: Perfect cuddle weather! :blush: I just hope the weather gets better once your visitors get there! :smiley:

Yeah. :smile: That’s for the updated version. :smiley: Haha. I’m still using the first version since I thought it would be more realistic for me given my resources and the amount of money I’m planning to invest. Huhu. :frowning: Is that okay?

1 Like

I agree! :blush: Haha. I just recently had a losing trade with EURUSD and I plan to take it as a learning opportunity, hoping I could improve my trades! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone traded these recent moves?

Due to other commtments I have only two trades this week, but these last trades on both EU and GU would have been fine ones, I think?

Do you all use “close” prices for your EMAs? I use “typical” because I think it gives a smoother line without unduly delaying any signals.

1 Like

I use close… _want to try with typical

Aww. I missed those moves. :frowning: My sister celebrated her birthday yesterday so I wasn’t able to check my charts all that much. Huhu. :frowning: I just checked on the short trade I left for GBPUSD and for that one, I got stopped out @1.32139 with 0 profits. :sweat_smile:

How was this trade for you? :thinking:

I’m not sure I understand this. :frowning: Sorry. :confounded: I haven’t heard of typical either. :frowning:

possible trade on eur usd …

typical and close , is referring to the MA … applied to …

Still a bit far on my indicators. :thinking: But this is probably because I’m still using the original one huhu :frowning:

i use 25 for the adx … now my is 31