I'm trying out the HLHB system!

Possible set up on JPY… let see how will close this candle

Ooooh! :blush: That sounds super nice! :smiley: You’re lucky that you still have easy access to nature. I could just imagine how peaceful you feel whenever you’re there! :smiley:

Well, like you said, haha. :smiley: Sometimes, no trade is a better trade! :slight_smile:

Thank youuu!!! :smiley: All thanks to everyone’s help! Huhu. :blush:

EURUSD is so unpredictable. :frowning: Now I’m just 4 pips up but I feel like the market’s changing its direction soon.

What do you guys think? :thinking:

i am out fro EU since the movement was alrady done on friday… i ll wait if there will be a retracement… in h4 and daily with this system the main trend is up

1 Like

As far as the HLHB system is concerned everything is just fine, nothing has changed. But if you feel that you prefer at this stage to take small profits and just watch how the system performs from the sidelines then that is a different matter.

Mondays are always a bit uncertain. It was pretty certain that the morning session would see some higher highs after Friday - but it is quite common for the US session to test the lows and maybe try for the close last Friday (around 1.1745 depending on one’s charting service). After that, (if it even happens!) we will see if this upmove really does have some underlying strength.

Remember - the HLHB is a trend-catcher system, not a day-trading method to catch a few pips here and there. If you are really testing it then you should obey its rules…

2 Likes

Got it! :smiley: I’m just gonna watch over my charts for now and see where this goes. :slight_smile: I’m still in a relatively good place, thanks to the system! :blush:

It is also worth remembering that this HLHB move actually started on 28.6. at 1.1592 so it already has a fair profit on it!!! One can’t judge it only from where one got in if one joins a trade later, but that does give one reason to jump out with a profit if it looks vulnerable…

1 Like

yes , finally goes up

2 Likes

Hello @anon46773462

I think you are right I was doing some mutations to the HLHB system, in the case of the stop/target I used the resistance/support instead of the 150/400 pips, next trade I’m going to use the real HLHB system in order to evaluate the system correctly.

Regarding the RSI I’m using the ‘close’ values since my demo account doesn’t have the ‘median’ option :frowning:

I closed the position since the resistance looks is working:

Thanks for the feedback!!

1 Like

Well, here we are right now at that level…

…Let’s see what happens next! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this the real life? It’s sooo great to see more friends trying out the HLHB System! :wave:

Hi guys, I’m Huck and I trade the HLHB Trend-Catching System. It’s based on the Amazing SMA Crossover System but I’ve made a few experiments and tweaks to hopefully catch more pips.

Here are the chart settings that I’m currently using:

• 1-hour charts for EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/JPY
  • 5 and 10 EMAs
  • RSI (14) applied to the middle
  • ADX (14) applied to the close, with 25 as the buy/sell threshold

The goal is to have a mechanical system that gets pips on its own regardless of the trading environment. I’m still working on getting (and keeping) pips when pairs are ranging though!

How about you? Have you made any tweaks to make the system work for you and your trading personality? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

woooow are you ? ))) nice to see you here and many thanks … yes it is real life… thanks for the remind rules… yes we are facing with some different tweaks … we are trying with MA applied to typical price … or for example personally i use as a reference for entry and exit the round number … in some case also the 200 MA will be usefull … but anyway we try to trade as you explain …

1 Like

this what i’am saying about round number , was a yesterday trade , entry after the condition were reached above the level 110,5 , closed tonight to 111.

Hi Huck!!! It is REALLY great to see you here!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This thread is a real tease for me because my own method is so similar and yet is not quite the same and so I cannot add many ideas here without distorting the topic away from the authentic HLHB method which, as you say, is intended as a mechanical system.

But you have raised one of my own variations right here with your mention of a 14-period RSI. I have always understood that HLHB uses the 10-period (median) - as did the original ForexPhantom"Amazing SMA Crossover System" way back in 2009 (and he said then that this concept came from yet another source even before that) - that is a really long pedigree for the roots of this method!! :smiley:

I have been using this 14-period median RSI for absolutely years - but did not feel I could suggest it here as it is a major change in system criteria…or maybe this was, afterall, just a typo? Because your charts still seem to show a 10-period? Could you perhaps just confirm which is the current period being applied?

1 Like

Well done @MASSIMILIANO !!! :slight_smile:

There is a good issue here concerning a) 4H chart usage and b) taking interim profits at a certain level and possibly running a remainder?

1 Like

OMG!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I feel so ecstatic to have you chime in here! :blush: I’m a bit nervous too cause you might think I’m ruining your system. Haha. :stuck_out_tongue: But, really, it’s amazing to have you here. :slight_smile: I’ve already adjusted my indicators to these settings. :smiley: I guess, it’s just the TP and TS values that I haven’t changed. :sweat_smile:

We will look forward to that! :smiley: As you might have read on earlier posts, I encounter decision problems when the pairs are ranging! Huhu. It’s just thanks to the discussions here that I’m really able to test the system. :smiley:

is it possible to close half position and let the rest run… I think is the best way , so you can earn day by day few pips and earn for a big movement

Yes, this is one of my queries for Huck, For example, the following EU trade from Huck’s results:

Maybe I have misunderstood but it looks like it was opened on 21.6. at 1.1589 and closed on 28.6 at 1.1592. Ok, there was a 3-pip profit, but during the trade it reached a level of 1.1720! (and why was there not a close and reverse at the green point on 26.6.?) - is there not a good reason to seek a way of NOT giving back so many open pips before closure? _ an interim closure of a part-position is one way. E.g. closing out half a position at 75 pips would give the remaining half a “risk-free” ride since the trailing stop of -150 pips would now be at -75 pip?

(PS I am really busy the rest of this week so I might not get here much (which is probably a good thing! :smiley: … so a lack of response is not a lack of interest!)

1 Like

(PS I am really busy the rest of this week so I might not get here much (which is probably a good thing! :smiley: … so a lack of response is not a lack of interest!) … have a good weekend … we’ll wait your advise…

Looks like today’s gonna be a slow day. :smiley: My indicators are nowhere near a possible trade as of the moment. :slight_smile: I’ll just continue to monitor my charts. :nerd: I hope everyone’s doing amazing! :blush: :blush:

1 Like