I'm turning 29 tomorrow!

Hellooooo! :blush: I’m celebrating my birthday tomorrow, and I just want to thank everyone here for making the past few years happy and memorable. :blush: Tbh, I didn’t think I’d last this long in forex trading, but I feel like it’s because of this community that I’m always determined to continue. :blush: Thank you all! <3

And since we’re already in the topic of getting older :sweat_smile: Have you guys thought of until what age you plan to trade forex? :smiley:

12 Likes

Happy birthday for tomorrow!
Personally I’ve switched from Forex to futures and attempting to pass a 100k Apex evaluation. So far so good. Taking it slowly. Five successful trades in 5 trading days spread out over a few weeks because I had a holiday in between. Personally I’m already in my 50’s and my dream is to replace my regular full time job with trading. So maybe I would keep trading until I’m very old, and grey.
Once again, Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
Wishing you a wonderful day and more successful trading ahead.

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much BAD! :blush:

And congratulations on bagging those pips! :blush:

Manifesting this for you! I bet that if you keep your pace, using the strategy you’ve been using or your past successful trades, you’ll get there in no time. :blush: Hopefully, we can all trade until we’re old and grey. :smiley:

1 Like

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I happen to be turning 29 in October as well. I wish you have a prosperous trading career for as long as you please! :blush:

3 Likes

Hi, and happy birthday. You are not even half my age. So young, and so much to experience.

I have thought about it, and as long as my brain is not switched off, I rather suspect that I will trade until I die. It is a very pleasurable activity for me, either alone, or with my new business partner on a reduced scale.

:pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you for being here, @ria_rose . :sunglasses:

And wishing you a very happy birthday! :smiley: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

(I’ll probably trade more or less until I drop - it’s in my blood. Not quite spot forex, but similar, anyway).

3 Likes

I’m 25, but it feels like 30 already; am scared of aging, i wish i could stay younger with those lovely kids memories… :pleading_face:
I hope to keep trading, and happy birthday to you :rose:
What treat would you love for tomorrow?

1 Like

Happy birthday, @ria_rose! I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow and enjoy your special day.

I haven’t decided on a specific age to stop trading. I’ll keep going as long as I enjoy it.

1 Like

Wish you a Very Happy Birthday Ria! Wishing you a successful, prosperous and Amazing year ahead where you achieve both your Life goals and trading goals!! :birthday: :partying_face:

Everyone hope to keep trading as long as they can as it seems!! :grinning: For me too probably gonna be that.

1 Like

Happy happy birthday, Ria! Thank you for brightening this community with your smiling emojis. Hopefully, I’ll still be trading as long as I live! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Happy birthday!
For me , i have 21 years old , i started in 18 years old , and i keep pushing till i get it .

1 Like

Hi i have some questions : You use ninja trader ? and how much your lot size in entry !

Happy birthday! I’ll trade as long as I’m able and I have money in the account!

1 Like

I use the Apex Rithmic plan but since I already have and comfortable with Sierra Charts I don’t use Ninja. But Ninja would be a good option since they include a Ninja license with the account.

So far I’ve just been opening 1 lot on the full size ES Mini ($50 per point) and due to the trailing loss drawdown rule I’m using fixed TP and fixed SL.

Thank you for your reply.
I appreciate it.
for me i found too much problems with trailing Dd , specially on live account ¶!
What’s your advice !

Happy birthday :partying_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Happy birthday! :tada:
I plan to keep going until the very end. Trading is a lifelong journey for me!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m no expert yet.

My first attempt to pass evaluation failed and my assessment of my failure was the lack of respect for the trailing draw down.

I began ok taking profits but each trade I would try to squeeze as much out of the market as possible placing my TP at what I thought was a reasonable level but then as the market moved in my favor I moved my SL to trail. Majority of profitable trades ended by hitting my trailing SL.
Then unfortunately under pressure with drawdown I had a loosing streak. The end came quickly.

So this time I’m having greater respect for the Trailing Drawdown.
I’m using small position size (just 1 ES Mini contract)
I’m having fixed TP and fixed SL
And I’m placing my TP at a place I assess has greater chance of success than before.

I would rather take a few months to pass and get there gradually knowing that I’m in the game for the long run.

Sure, I have heard of some people passing in one day, but I would have a guess that a greater percentage of people who try to hit a home run and pass would fail rather than pass.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I hope and trust you mean “problems with an end-of-day trailing drawdown” rather than “problems with a drawdown that trails open equity”?!

Maximum-permitted drawdowns that trail open equity are a trick, a scam designed to prevent people from passing - pure and simple. There’s absolutely no equivalent to that in any real-live-market scenario. It’s a totally artificial (and dishonest) contrivance that shows you that the prop-shop wants people to fail; not to pass. Don’t ever do business with a funding company that uses a drawdown parameter that trails open equity!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :grimacing: