Indices ,Stocks, and PriceAction

Chart from the US30 trade earlier today.

US30

1 Like

nice trade on US30 my man. gotta love when these Indices are moving. so boring when they’re trading sideways

by the way, check ur dm ALG. he’s got free content on there, i haven’t checked it out yet but i dl’ed his app for the heck of it

$NVDA and $TSLA still savages, whoaa

Going through stocks now looking for any decent setups for today. I’m done trading in forex since NFP is tomorrow. I have a strategy I use for NFP on US30. I’ll get it posted in here this evening.

nice, looking forward to it… Oil finally bounced, right off of 80 area

I think I got time to get it posted, it’s really just a straddle strategy for NFP trading the US30(Dow Jones).

The first chart here is the moves that the US30 makes on NFP. Based on a 30Min chart.

Initial Move:
The move the price makes right when the candle opens to the highest or lowest wick of the candle, depends on which way the candle moves first.

Open to High/Low
Once the Initial Move is done(which usually only takes less then a minute) then this is the move where this candle has picked the direction it’s going and to it’s furthest point(which would be the high/low, just opposite of the first move). Hope that makes since.

Here’s what I’m trying to say but with a chart.

I use this info when placing my trades.

8:27am
I place a buy and a sell order. I place the orders 50 points above and below the price at that time. I do that so price has a little bit of space to move til 8:30am. I only moves usually less than 10 points til then.

I’m not looking to get filled on the first move, that’s why it’s 50 points above/ below the price. I want to catch that second move that really makes its way.

TP and SL
Take profit is 50 points which is nothing on NFP day, so that means the price has to move 100 points from the open of that candle. Which you can tell it usually does.

My SL is also 50 points so that’s usually pretty close to the open price of the candle. I move it up soon as it gets to 40 points.

Below the first chart I have a average of each move as well. I also went and recorded the moves at 9:00 and the open bell of the NYSE.

I know this isn’t for everyone but I have traded NFP the last 5 reports and it’s worked each time. I also trade it with a 5.0 Lot. I don’t really consider it risky in a trading point of view since my backtesting and data give me good parameters to use.

4 Likes

$NVDA 275 whoaaa

Makes me wish I held that trade lol.

wouldve been a sick swing lol. can you hold stocks over the weekend or nothing at all?

Nothing at all with my account for FTMO. But they do have swing accounts now that you can.

oh ok gotcha. nice. not too much action w $TSLA

Well now I wish I had taken a bigger position:

:rofl::rofl: isn’t that how it always goes.

1 Like

lol. can’t even count how many times ive said that to myself

1 Like

For your broker is the 0.5 lot size. $5.00 per point or $50 a point ?

for mine its $50. so .05 is $5 :slight_smile:

You go big dawg lol.

FTMO is the only I’ve seen so far that the contract size is a little different. For me…

1.0 lot is $10 a point
0.1 is $1.0 a point.

They don’t use the micro lot size for indices. You can on Forex. Even though it’s different we can play the same just our lots look different.

1 Like

No no no…0.5 is only half a unit; $0.50 per point. I’ll make $100 if it hits my TP.

It’s a fairly small account with 50:1 leverage. I’m trading in the real world, not like you, lol.

What exactly is a lot size for indices, in units…100?

Never mind, you answered that above…