Inner Circle Trader's 5k To 1mil - Live Trading Tracking Thread

Akea way to go man! Loving those numbers! Keep it up. Maybe you will beat ICT to a million. lol

I think ICT, petefader, relativity, and captain currency all have good threads. Otherwise itā€™s mostly the same questions over and over.

Of thoseā€¦ Relativityā€™s is the gem. He does what every trader should be doing, which is doing his own analysisā€¦ Taking a very disciplined thoughtful approachā€¦ Applying sound principles and constantly testing his own ideas.

I agree wholeheartedly.

But hang on, didnā€™t the naysayers say ICTā€™s methods were of no use to anyone and couldnā€™t be depulicated?

And low and behold, they are consistant profits over time.

Nice work Akeakamai

$100,000 1% loss WILL mess with your head more than a $100 1% loss.

Hehehe ouch!

Anyway, good luck ICT! Thereā€™s too much unproductive stuff going on around here. If youā€™re losing in the forex market, hate the game, not the playa.

Thats the whole point, it wont when you believe whole heartedly in your money management stratagy that meets your risk appetite. It is a process, not an amount. People get fixated on what they could have done with that money if only they could go back in time. That is what unsettles people and throws them off.

If you havent, have a read of the turtle trader book, its got some really good wisdom in it about certain things that just click home as to why people can do this with min emotion attached.

Well iā€™ve certainly simplified it. I use terms like OTE, SMT, and market structure but I would say the rest is pretty universal

I just had another look at Clintā€™s glossary as referred to.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/49172-glossary-ict-terms-abbreviations.html

I make no apologies for linking to it.

The vast majority of abbreviations are common market terms - these terms used to drive me wild, spending hours googling, trying to make sense of them, ask any trader, newbie or seasoned, and they will confirm the same - there are also so many hidden gems in Clintā€™s glossary, for example - any you non UK guys think that London is the same thing as City of London? -

Or somebody says on the forum ā€™ I am at BE ā€™ and you are thinking ā€™ ok where has he been?ā€™ or he says ā€™ check the HTF ā€™ and you are saying to yourself ā€™ wonder was that a fat finger, though H and W areā€™nt that close on the keyboardā€™.

Or the infamous ā€˜Judasā€™ - go into any bar in the above mentioned ā€˜square mileā€™ from, currently, 13.00 until 14.00 gmt and chat to some guys - mostly in late 20ā€™s, suits but no ties, drinking diet coke and ask them - need I spell it out?

Thank you Clint for spending the time and energy in compiling such an exhaustive and helpful glossary for all us newbies - this is what is good about Babypips.

BTW (you readers knows what that means) if you haveā€™nt a clue what Iā€™m talking about - check out Page 1 of Clintā€™s thread.

Lolā€¦ This is too funny but trueā€¦hahahaā€¦ Thanks for the laugh :slight_smile:

I too, I am not sure what BE means beforeā€¦ I thought it was ā€œBefore Eveningā€ā€¦lol

Or another little hidden gem which I just discovered on Clintā€™s thread - the question getā€™s raised often - whatā€™s the difference in a t-note, a t-bill and a t-bond and where would I get a free chart on them, check out page 4 - he even gives the very symbols needed!

It is surprisingly amazing how Clint can do all that to devote his time and effort to put into it. I hope he get paid for that going extra mileā€¦just sayingā€¦

Could you please post the link to the thread that you speak off where Clint talks about the t-note t-bond.

I included it on the first page and post of the Pro Traders Club thread.

Thanks again Clint

Thanks ICT :slight_smile:

Haha, no I donā€™t think thatā€™s going to be happening. I was shooting to get to 100K in the same time though :57:

With this account, Iā€™m capping risk at 2% per trade. If $7000 meant nothing to me (like it does for Michael) sure Iā€™d risk 3% too. Plus Iā€™m still juggling a FT job and trading. I dream of the day that I can put my full focus into tradingā€¦

it would be nice to land a nice win and then have a long victory nap afterwards instead of being stuck at work for 6 more hours, hah

I think you will do it. You have stayed in the game even after the market smacked you aroundā€¦ That says a lot.

I work full time as well and its tough to manage the tradingā€¦ One positive thing about the J.O.B. is that it keeps me from over trading and I only stay up to take the BEST set ups. I just donā€™t have time to settle for anything lessā€¦ lol I think my job might actually be a good thing for my trading accountā€¦

Have any of you considered that perhaps you are applying to much pressure on yourself. I keep hearing a lot of people wanting to quit their job to trade Forex. Thatā€™s an incredible undertaking.

Maybe just focus on getting profitable. Or earning enough to buy your hot wife that vacation sheā€™s been dying to take with me. :slight_smile:

Seriously though. Take Forex seriously, but take yourself lightly.

Why are you so sure you will live another year? Do you hold the key to the future? Make the 12K into 50K and we have a starting point :stuck_out_tongue: