Inner Circle Trader's 5k To 1mil - Live Trading Tracking Thread

It’s interesting how very few people want to enact such an easy and useful function. Why complain about anyone? Simply ignore them and problem solved.

You’re actually splitting my sides. You’re more fun than Banker that’s for sure.

The overuse of good luck good trading is a nice cheery on top!

You know how the saying goes… “If you can’t beat them, join them :).”

Good luck good trading!!! indeed.

The obvious deception is so funny! It’s just tickling me for some reason.

At my company we have very low cubicle walls, and some co-workers were hearing me laugh at some of his posts today. I think it’s funny because his parody is so rooted in the truth. I could definitely see myself in some of his sarcasm. It would be great if people could laugh at themselves sometimes, instead of jumping to defensiveness.

I agree… We needed to laugh more often. It is a good medicine for the mind and body. It gets boring and so stressful when we are too serious.

We needed more sense of humor in this forum… but not to much though, just enough :slight_smile:

MyFxBook counts every partial close as another trade.

This might be true, but not in this case…I don’t think he has scaled out any trades yet…

They were either taken completely off at TP1 or Stopped Out…

So this is 7 completely different trades in less then 2 weeks and if you count they days he didn’t trade it would be 7 trades in less then a week.

Just saying…

I don’t think double tap should count as 2 trades. So he’s made 5.

A trade is a trade. If you put in two positions into one pair in one direction, that’s two trades on the same pair. It counts.

What if you closed half of one position?

It’s a trade. You bifurcated your position in the process. The other would still result in a trade to pull it out of the market.

Are you gonna take part in his live Q and A tonight? I guess everyone sees things different.

It’s a transaction yes, but IMO it’s still part of one trade however you furcate it after the fact. It really skews the stats, for example when I open a trade and close half of it at 10 pips, then the other half a further 10 pips, it states I made 30 pips…10 for the first half, 20 for the 2nd half…when price only moved 20 pips.

If it’s convenient. There’s only one way to see it. There’s positions and there’s trades. You add to your position by making a trade. The position itself is not a trade.

That’s why it would make better sense to view your gains in percentages and not pips.

Take me for instance. It sounds impressive that I have 1500 pips in open profit, but it’s really 17% more for my account if I pull out.

Everyone understands percentages. Pips will forever and always be skewed.

Does it really matter?

If you open up a position with 5 lots and take profit 5 times throughout the day, you could say that is technically 6 trades you made. For all intents and purposes though it was 1 trade (or 1 trade idea)

well you could just manipulate your statistics then.

Say you have 2 10 micro lot trades.

You lose one at 10 micro lots.
the other one you win, but you remove 1 microlot 10x just for kicks. Your stats register you as winning 10 trades, losing 1, which is 90% winrate, even though what you actually did was win 1 lose 1, 50% winrate.

I suppose it works the same in most platforms, where when I close half a trade, apparently it closes the whole trade and creates a new open trade for the remaining position as evidenced by the new ticket number, but it keeps the original open price, not the new price where this transaction took place. If it did, then these tracker site stats should be more informative for pip analysis. I’m not analyzing pips for my accounts gains/losses, but for the performance/probabilities of the system itself.

So yes I do copy & paste my trade history into a spreadsheet to re-calculate the stats that involve pips…which is not so bad done once a week. :wink:

9:30pm… I will open a Live Stream.

Have your comments and questions ready.

Livestream.com/babypipscomInnerCircleTrader