Inner Circle Trader's 5k To 1mil - Live Trading Tracking Thread

To be honest, I wouldn’t bother with comparisons.

The idea is to make money to be comfortable with what [B]you [/B]want to do in life. When you get to having to beat everyone else, the ego will be your downfall. Personally, I’d just be happy to make consistently successful trades, that, over a period of time, can assist me in compounding my account level to the stage where I no longer have to work full time and can devote my time to family, forex, and other ventures/interests. If someone does it better than me, good luck to them.

We have two different styles of trading all together. It wouldn’t be fair to say I’m a better trader as that is entirely subjective on so many fronts.

I believe him to be a profitable trader, just not to the extent of the hype.

Plus, I feel he can appreciate the competitive nature of him wanting to beat me and me wanting to beat him.

The 16% monthly is the part that is for you, and people like you (skeptical). 16% must be “too much” to achieve every month, correct?

Because that is all that is required to complete the challenge in the allotted time…

I would like to see more posts like this (with some responses from ICT of course, haha).

Isn’t the point of this thread for us to watch the teacher “do as he says” and ask questions? Seems like the perfect opportunity to ask questions about the methods in real time. Kinda like being in a classroom and raising your hand when you’re in the middle of an assignment - you get to watch in real time what happens if you “take a left or take a right”

Michael,

Based on today’s price action, do you think the levels in my chart are accurately drawn? Specifically, the resistance and support levels drawn? I think I used the fib tool incorrectly for extensions, but nonetheless, it seems like there is confluence there at the 1.34 level.

Maybe I need to take into account the 1.343 level that held a couple times in the very recent short term.

Yes. On paper everything looks wonderful.

It’s a clash of the dogmatic and the skeptic, in this thread and my mind on the matter.

I’m actually a bit of both. I’ve believed ICT from the start based only on his word that his tools and approach to trading works, and the word of those who claim to have made the tools work for them. I believe he can trade and trade well even though I have not seen it. All based on the word of people I have never met. So there is my dogmatic side, in a way just a blind trust.

I am however skeptical that the 16% or more will be reached as a monthly mean percentage profit over the course of this demonstration. Simply because I have never seen anyone do it before.

I don’t believe it can be done. I am a skeptic but don’t take that to mean I am hoping for failure, It means I have an opinion but am open to change it as evidence is brought to light.

So roll on February, March, April and May. The reality will be seen by anyone who wants to see it, then all the dogmatism and skepticism will be put to rest for the vast majority of us once and for all. It’s going to be epic.

myfxbook.com/members/Inner_O_Trader/inner-circle-trader/460735

All fellow members, it’s too noisy here please be quiet. Silence is golden. Be patience. The “movie” is rolling. Let us watch the “movie” until the end…then you can critique on it all you want.

For those who want to learn and continue to learn about ICT’s teachings, please go to his earlier threads (search using “InnerCircleTrader”).

What fun is that.

Shows like the Walking Dead have separate shows dedicated to talking about the episode.

If you’d rather wait three years, then check back here at that time.

Or the ‘live’ PTC’ thread - we swap ideas, thoughts - all ICT based - much success last week - more to come this week.

Even today some good ote trades.

I’m no ICT sychophant and therefore given your cynicsm of ICT and his approach I would be interested to see the trades you took to achieve 28.77% return for the year - is this since Jan 1 2013? Also it would be good to understand your trading plan for 2013. Otherwise it really does seem to be empty vessels making most noise.

I can hold trades for weeks on end. I just closed on yesterday that I held for 24 days. About half of those gains were opened last month and there was two trades opened at the end of November.

I don’t have a detailed trading plan. I have a methodology that I use that allows for the flexibility the market can bring through its volatility.

Feel free to dismiss any gains I mention. If I feel like it at some point, I might provide a screen shot, but I’m hardly ever sitting at my desktop.

Obviously, given you have no trading plan - we won’t be seeing that. Does that mean you won’t be showing us the actual trades that gave you your 28.7% return? Again was that since Jan 1 2013?

Given you are hardly at your desktop - I appreciate that you’ve taken time to answer my questions.

Someone is jumping conclusions here… How would such a plan work? I plan to make $250k in Oct? I will trade in such a manner that I make 1235 pips in Oct. to achieve that?

Sticking to his methodology during 2013, when continues to be profitable, sounds enough for me.

Actually on my new strategy account I am up 48% ytd, so I think Gunner is slacking a bit… :slight_smile: It can be down 30% tomorrow, but that is where it is now… :slight_smile:

Before all call me fake:

You never used the magic word. You need to see my trades, more than I need to show them to you. I see your incentive. Where’s mine?

Yes, those are all closed trades since the beginning of this year, however not all the trades were opened this year.

In relation to the desktop, you might want to explore the Babypips application available for both Android and iPhone.

Trades opened in October - December don’t count as that is not “gain for the year”, that is “gains from 3 months ago”. How about you use trades opened since January 1st when comparing yourself…

I believe you mentioned Tuesday as the day you were going to start sharing more trading details. I believe that there are many truths in trading not just one, and am certainly looking forward to anything you decide to share.

Actually they do count as that was when the profit was realized.

But nonetheless, I would attribute about 10 percent of those gains were from trades in the prior year.

And no worries, your Mentor encouraged me to use those numbers.

That thread will not be serving as a signal service. I will be explaining my trading methodology. I don’t anticipate calling out trades I take unless it somehow is fitting for the discussion.