Inner Circle Trader's 5k To 1mil - Live Trading Tracking Thread

I’ve been long since the 11th. The day after the price went plowing upwards.

If you look at EU on a daily, you can see price has been on the rise for months now.

When price dipped two days back. I stayed in because it now was above a level of support that you can spot easily on the daily chart. It also coincided with the 38.2 Fib retracement.

Look for price. Butterflies are pretty, but you peel off the wings and you just have an ugly bug. Price tells the story every time.

I am sure we will find out in due time. Need to give him a fair and reasonable chance. He has traded just the once so far. It would be reasonable to give him a month or two before second guessing what he may or may not be doing. I for one am looking forward to seeing what happens, but I am also giving him to room to get it going. I know one thing, I have not made a trade this week. A person needs to wait patiently for their trade to appear, not jump at any opportunity

Hey folks! :wink:

London loss has been erased and my intraday Pivot Trading was used to fix the booboo I sustained earlier today. The Loss was recouped with the same leverage as the initial trade as I never took a full 3% loss. This permitted me allowance to utilize the same leverage. Also my maximum number of trades per day had not been exhausted… which is two.

If I had suffered a second loss, as I no doubt will eventually, the same day… my Risk Model would force me to decrease to lower leverage. It will be more clear as you see my losses move into a series and it can be utilized.

ICT’s first loss mitigation… :54:

What loss? ICT doesn’t lose? Photoshop insures it!

:cool:

Sounds as easy as buying off the lows and selling off the highs. Easy in hindsight but a bit more difficult at the right hand edge

Nice :slight_smile: I’ve always wondered myself how to proceed in the situation where my loss is less than what I originally planned to risk on the trade. Seems reasonable enough.

There’s no hindsight with what I said. The candle has not even closed yet today. So I’m not sure what you’re driving at.

Also, I don’t look to get in on tops or bottoms. I prefer to get in when the move has already begun. With my long, I got in a day after it took a massive spike up. That is clearly not an attempt to buy at a bottom or top.

MyFxBook Sean… you can show us.

Nice.

Killzone, OTE of the weekly move downwards, R2. I’m seeing that. What was the entry pattern? No lower time frame OTE or break out this time that I can see. Was it a support and resistance play rather than a retracement entry?

Not into that. People can take anything or leave everything that I bring to the table. I trade for my own financial goals and need not the adverse psychological constraint a public audience can bring.

Alright… Lets make a performance tracker for this challenge.

Assumption 1: starting capital is $5000
Assumption 2: ending capital is $1000000
Assumption 3: duration is 36 months
Assumption 4: for sake of simplifying lets say winnings are going to compound monthly

The monthly compounded interest to reach this goal is 16.345%

And here is what the total account (%) gained (what myfxbook tracks) should be at specific dates to reach this goal…

Feb 14th- 16%
March 14th - 35%
April 14th - 57%
May 14th - 83%
June 14th - 113%
July 14th - 148%
August 14th - 189%
September 14th - 236%
October 14th - 290%
November 14th - 354%
December 14th - 429%

January 14th - 515%
Feb 14th - 616%
March 14th - 733%
April 14th - 869%
May 14th - 1027%
June 14th - 1211%
July 14th - 1426%
August 14th - 1675%
September 14th - 1965%
October 14th - 2302%
November 14th - 2695%
December 14th - 3152%

January 14th - 3684%
Feb 14th - 4302%
March 14th - 5022%
April 14th - 5859%
May 14th - 6833%
June 14th - 7966%
July 14th - 9285%
August 14th - 10818%
September 14th - 12603%
October 14th - 14680%
November 14th - 17095%
December 14th - 20000%

Someone should re post this every month with the actual performance and the difference that ICT is ahead or behind

For me he’ll be a hero if he can turn those 2k into 100k. Or even 50k. That is already sick gains in 3 years in my opinion…

I’m confused. Is this 5K -> 1M or 2K -> 1M ?

1. Only 2 in at the minute but trading under the guise of it being 5000. So just assume it’s 5000 in the percentage calculations etc.

My guess is that this will take 2.5-3.5 years.

This thread would be more exciting if you let us throw some money at you :wink:

BTW, did you pay attention to today’s /JPY pairs, folks?

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

Not just today, but for weeks. Plenty to be made there.

Great to see this kick off. If this continues over the next few years it will potentially be the most epic thread on the whole of the interwebz.

Good luck dude

He also reserved the first few posts after the first to edit as he chooses. All threads take a life of their own.

Out of curiosity, if ICT does indeed turn $5k into $1 million … Where will that leave everyone? All the critics will magically disappear, secretly watching his videos. All the followers by then would have either fallen into the successful pool of traders or fallen down because of greed, fear, emotions. All newbies would have hopes and dreams … And ICT, well he most likely would have hit his $20 mil goal … And this would be his final farewell. Good luck Michael, you don’t need it because you’ve already proven yourself to 99% of people here.