Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Thanks a ton Tommy for your detailed answer. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I’ve found that in my case my time constraints(3 kids, job, etc.), the huge amount of great info and tools ICT has shown us(a huge thanks thanks again ICT), and the flow of new material…has in a wierd way slowed me down or made me a little gun-shy somehow. There is so much great info to learn and become proficient at that I keep sitting on the sidelines thinking I don’t have enough knowledge instead of jumping in and just using the basics that I do have. S/R, OTE, divergence, and MS are really my frame of reference right now…so when ICT hits us with Wolfe waves, although I’m excited to learn them and psyched there is more great stuff available from him…truthfully I’m just not there yet at all and it seems to bog me down…instead of doing what I know and leaving them for later. Ok, enough rambling. Thanks again, it is great to know that there is success to be had without having the full grasp of all the tools. I’ll be using your experience as a model for my own. Onwards and upwards.

No problem.

Yes I get where you are coming from. I’m not ready for the Wolfe Waves yet either and I’ll progress at my own pace. That material has been drip fed over three years or so for a reason.

Don’t forget the point I made about my risk being too high as that has distorted my figures somewhat. If I can make 5% a month at proper risk management levels, I’ll be delighted.

The past few months in work were slow too which helped me to get at the charts and that really is the best way to learn. However now work needs a real push and I need to split my time accordingly as that pays for the bills etc so I get where you come from having a job and more importantly a family.

Good luck, lets recap at the end of the year and see I still have an account to speak of.

I feel the same as you.
Due to my job and family, I think I’ll try to master just a couple of ICT’s method… (they are so much! LOL)

Which would you guys choose for semplicity and effectiveness?

Please give me some ideas and sorry for my english

Brilliant trade - see where the 100 extn on the trade is - also from jonnycab’s post (on the hourly Jan 4th to Jan 10th)- the cable went down but no way fibre - the big boys were protecting their own stops below 3000 - (if correlation had held then fibre should have dipped below 3000) - I’m finally realising WHY smt and OTE works - light bulb moment!

Great explanation, helped clarify SMT for me. Thanks

working on fridays sucks. such a nice short on cable in lokz. also fiber short at 1.3280 with smt divergence on stop hunt and ote on usdx 15m

I did some Wolfe Wave research after watching ICT’s video, it is hard to train the eyes to find these at first, still not popping off the charts, but I found one today to stalk wave 5 for a long.

If Cable makes it to 5, bounces off of 5, and meets 1-4 target on Jan 22 2013, game over :smiley:
I will be looking for ICT confluences at 5 for long entry if it gets that low

Cant wait to see how this unfolds

Has ICT started trading this year live for us to see? As im sure he said he has stopped teaching now? :slight_smile: i cant wait to see him in action!

Check out his twitter account:

One Million? You always hear it claimed. You never seen it Real Time. Until NOW. Monday begins 5k to one million in MyFxBook LIVE No Demo

Can anyone tell me what the leverage ratio is for in myfxbook account? I just put 1:20

Stops at 3380 now in their sights?

TP triggered at 1.3350. That’s all for today and this week, folks. :slight_smile:

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

Just been analysing usdx and eurx relations and came away with some great insight like the run up that just happened today, well we was kind of tipped off before hand with SMT divergence between the indexes i have attached a link to the picture feel free to check it out…

2013-01-11_1350 - Mostwantedpip’s library

Long term, testing out Wolfe Wave projections with ICT tools on multiple time frames. Plotted some ICT projections with confluences showing up at wave 4. If this plays out, long term short at W5.

AUD/USD - 1.0145 on April 8th down from W5, in a perfect world of course, need to see what happens at W4 first.

Does anyone know what’s going on with the fiber and cable…? I thought they were supposed to be correlated, but right now, they seem to be moving in different directions! :31:
What’s going on…?
Fiber:

Cable:

You need to draw the lines on the chart from the same location on both for it to have any meaning:

Fiber:

Cable:

So your lower red line on the Fiber matches with my lower green line.

Your lower red line on the Cable matches my lower green line on the Fiber.

The blue line denotes the SMT divergence from last week that many in this thread utilised to get short.

The yellow line denotes the SMT divergence that happened over the last few days that we could have used to get long yesterday.

My upper green on the Fiber shows the divergence currently happening with your upper red line on the Cable.

More repricing in the works?

There was bad news for Cable today, but wasn’t any news for Fiber. Fiber is continuing its bullishness from yesterday, while there are still bears threatening the Cable. (Today’s bullishness was caused by disappointing data from USA, BTW).

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

Thank you very much for explaining that to me! :slight_smile:
But if this is classic SMT divergence, we should see lower prices at some point, right…? When one pair is making higher highs, but the other pair is not.
One thing I never got though, is where do we expect price to reverse…? I mean how do we zone in on that point where price could turn?

At KEY support and resistance levels.

For example, the divergence yesterday occurred around the 1.60 level on the Cable and the 1.30 on the Fiber. Both of which are big institutional figures and the Cable especially has had some significant price action around this 1.60 level. Look at the amount of support it has provided over last few months.

Okay :slight_smile: But, for instance today, the fiber and cable was diverging, and the fiber traded right up to the 1.33 level, which in the past has provided a ton of resistance, and price hasen’t been above it since around the start of april 2012! Yet, price blew right past it!

So, would the right thing in a situation like that be to expect price to retrace from that level, due to it having provided a lot of resistance in the past, and the SMT divergence, but wait until you get an OTE-short from that 1.33 level? :slight_smile: