International gun laws

Yea, there’s no end to this.

1 Like

Not just guns, the world is going mad

Spain: 1 dead in church machete attacks, terror link probed

A machete-wielding man killed a sexton and injured a priest at two Catholic churches in the city of Algeciras on Wednesday before being arrested, Spain’s interior ministry said. Authorities are investigating the attacks as a possible act of terrorism.

The suspect is in the custody of Spain’s National Police. The ministry did not identify him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spain-1-dead-attack-bladed-202419556.html

1 Like

Gun Violence is No Longer Confined to the Badlands of America, It’s Spreading to All Classes

Benedict Canyon shooting that left 3 dead, 4 wounded was not random, police say

At least three people were killed and four wounded Saturday morning in a shooting in an upscale neighborhood in the Benedict Canyon area of Los Angeles, authorities said.

Three people were killed inside a vehicle on the street and four were wounded outside, a law enforcement source told The Times. All three killed were women, who were in their mid-20s to early 30s, another law enforcement source said. The suspect or suspects remain at large.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-3-dead-4-wounded-144514989.html

That one looks more suspicious than something random. Not saying it doesn’t happen in nicer neighborhoods, but that’s an area with money. AirBnb gone wrong maybe?

1 Like

Short-term rental crime.

“The Benedict Canyon homeowners association said this was the third time homicides have occurred at short-term rentals in their neighborhood in the past two-and-a-half years.”

1 Like

so what the heck is going on, is it bad people renting these places and killing people / each other?

The last case look like someone didn’t like the place being rented out by strangers. Please forgive me i didn’t read the article as i am packing

I think they’re used as party houses. The wrong crowd is invited or shows up. There’s drugs and alcohol. And then you get crime with all of that mixed up.

Bingo, I don’t know if this was a Airbnb but i heard it happens also with their rentals.

Another indiscriminate mass shooting in America, no matter whether it is in a school, church, shopping mall, grocery store, movie theater, concert hall, or a public event. there is really no way to prevent these kinds of shootings.

America is prone to indiscriminate mass shootings; they have now become a part of our everyday lives, no different from suicide bombers in the Middle East.

Michigan State shooting: Gunman had no known ties to school

A gunman killed three students and wounded five others in a shooting on the campus of Michigan State University on Monday night, setting off an hours-long manhunt that ended with him dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-state-shooting-gunman-identified-no-known-ties-to-school-174724308.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Suspect Identified as Short Black Male, Seen Walking on Campus

It is the norm sadly and nothing will change.

1 Like

It was said that this guy was a loner and turned evil after his mother passed away, I mean how can you stop someone from going crazy and buying an illegal gun to commit such a crime?

There seems to be a pattern where if things don’t go your way, you get a gun and commit these types of crimes, it’s so sad

Don’t know if this will help or not.

DOJ spending $231M to support temporarily taking guns from potentially violent people

Red-flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders, and other crisis-intervention programs will benefit from the cash influx.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department is sending out more than $200 million to help states and the District of Columbia administer “red-flag laws” and other crisis-intervention programs as part of the landmark bipartisan gun legislation passed by Congress over the summer, officials said Tuesday.

Red-flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders, are intended to temporarily remove guns from people with potentially violent behavior and prevent them from hurting themselves or others. Nineteen states and the District of Columbia have red-flag laws.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doj-spending-231m-support-temporarily-171628313.html

I’m not against this. They just have to actually use the laws that are in place. If the departments don’t talk to each other, it’s pointless.

1 Like

I guess you can say justice was serve, but we do have evil people like this that kill people base on their hate, very sick minded

Man lunges at Buffalo gunman during sentencing hearing

Gendron, 19, pleaded guilty in November to 15 state-level counts, including domestic terrorism motivated by hate — a charge that carries a punishment of life in prison without parole.

Payton Gendron, 19, was formally sentenced to life in prison without parole for the attack at a supermarket in a predominantly Black neighborhood.

A man lunged at the gunman who killed 10 Black people in a mass shooting at a supermarket during his sentencing hearing in Buffalo, N.Y., on Wednesday. The courtroom had to be cleared and the hearing temporarily halted.

Payton Gendron, who pleaded guilty to carrying out the attack at a supermarket in a predominantly Black neighborhood in Buffalo, N.Y., in May, was formally sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Evil in its purest form

St. Louis suspect seen calmly loading gun, shooting homeless man execution style in broad daylight: police

St. Louis, Missouri police arrested a man on Monday who was allegedly captured on video executing a man in broad daylight.

Police told Fox News Digital that officers responded to a call for a “shooting” just after 10 a.m. on Monday and when they arrived, they found the victim lying on the sidewalk and suffering from a wound to the head.

A preliminary investigation found the victim and a male suspect engaged in a fight at a nearby Shell gas station just before the shooting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-suspect-seen-calmly-034758265.html

Why they target the most innocent people baffles me. These individuals are pure evil within.

3 children, 3 adults killed at Christian school in Nashville

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A female shooter wielding two “assault-style” rifles and a pistol killed three students and three adults at a private Christian school in Nashville on Monday in what marks the latest in a series of mass shootings in a country growing increasingly unnerved by bloodshed in schools.

The suspect also died after being shot by police following the violence at The Covenant School, a Presbyterian school for about 200 students from preschool through sixth grade. Police said the shooter was a 28-year-old woman from Nashville, after initially saying she appeared to be in her teens.

Authorities were working to identify her and whether she had a connection to the school.

The killings come as communities around the nation are reeling from a spate of school violence, including the massacre at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, last year; a first grader who shot his teacher in Virginia; and a shooting last week in Denver that wounded two administrators.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-dead-shooting-nashville-private-161355662.html

The American way

Congressman who represents the Nashville district involved in deadly school shooting posted a gun-toting family photo for Christmas in 2021

A female shooter. That strikes me as incredibly rare.

1 Like

Rare, but perhaps times are changing

There is a mental breakdown among humans, or perhaps this has always been the case

Maybe.
Human behaviour does change.

There’s certainly more going on with mass shooting perpetrators than just a need to shoot or a need to kill. There’s a lot of power issues and blocked energy flying about too, and I’m sure those things can affect females also, its just that it is usually males who enact their violent responses.

1 Like

Inflicting violence on the most vulnerable is sickening