Investing in crypto?

Has anyone invested in cryptocurrencies here? If yes, what currencies did you choose, how and why? Really interested to read your approach to crypto investing guys!

1 Like

Of course the Bitcoin! I have no interested on Altcoin’s! Btc is the mother of crypto currency!!

2 Likes

Buddy; crypto investing & crypto trading is not the same! I think, trading is much challenging in crypto than investing!

2 Likes

Recent discussion over in the crypto section. Might be of interest to you.

1 Like

There are three major good reasons to invest in cryptocurrencies.

First, because you want to hedge your net-worth against the fall of the Dollar imperium, which is assumed by many people to inevitably happen at some time. Second, because you support the social vision behind cryptocurrencies – that of a free and hard money for the whole world. Third, because you understand and like the technology behind it.

However, there are also very bad reasons to invest in cryptocurrencies. Many people fall victim to the hype surrounding every cryptocurrency-bubble. There is always somebody captured by FOMO (fear of missing out), buying massively in at the peak of a bubble, just in hope to make quick money, while not understanding cryptocurrencies at all. That’s a bad reason. Don’t do this. Learn before you invest.

2 Likes

It usually is a good idea to go for coins in the top 20 by market cap (CoinMarketCap.com).

All the others can give you some MAJOR headaches.

Even the first 20 can be tricky. Some are very solid, others not so much. Nothing like studying them all DEEPLY. Once you think you know everything about each of them, pick a few (2 or 3) and begin following their daily prices and charts.

Pay special attention to Bitcoin and know all its ins and outs: When Bitcoin sneezes the whole crypto market catches a bad cold… Even if you are not going to trade bitcoin, knowing its movements will help you a lot when trading the other coins. Actually Bitcoin is a great indicator / signal / index in itself in the Crypto world. The better friend you become to Bitcoin, the easier your crypto life will be :slight_smile:

Never rush into buying anything. Do not fall for FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). There will always be a next great opportunity. Always protect your capital: It is always better to miss out on some profits than lose all your trading cash.

More often than not, “not investing into a certain coin at a certain point in time” can be a great decision. Take all the time in the world, before even considering buying anything.

After further thorough observation you can then decide which coin is better suited for investing (holding long term) or daily trading (buying and/or selling daily).

Stay away from ICOs and IEOs.

Of course you also should become extremely proficient in Fundamental Analysis and Technical analysis. Follow the major crypto news feeds, join the telegram channels/twitter and other social media and forums of your coins of choice (that is usually a great source of info) and be aware of world politics and economics. Very much in the same spirit of Forex trading. Actually the Babypips.com school of Pipsology course is EXCELLENT for crypto trading, I highly recommend going through it if you haven’t already. In short, most of all the great advice that you get here for Forex, usually also applies to the Crypto market.

Finally I don’t want to discourage you, but you need to be aware that the crypto market is highly volatile. Yes, you can make some money with it but it is also very easy to lose it all in a few bad trades/investments. The more prepared/knowledgeable you become, the better your chances will be.

1 Like

true and all cryptos move in tandem with btc

Exactly; where price moves (BTC) on upside; others coin like XRP; ETH follow the trend!

And needless to say BTC alone ruling the crypto world having more than 60% dominance

Yes now the dominance is near about 70% (65% actually)! That tells the story!

1 Like

65% dominance, tells you right away who the Boss is :slight_smile:

I still have not done anything in that direction, but definitely not in the Bitcoins, do you even see how volatile it is ? It was like almost $12000 and how much now ? already rising but still lost like 20%, it’s way too much. I can recommend something like ETH or Litecoin.

Despite it being very volatile, BTC it is one of the more stable crypto-currencies. Certainly the most liquid one.

yeah its highly liquid but volatile and stable at the same time?

Thank you for the link!

Lol ) I think what UpFromZero means is that Bitcoin will be here to stay no matter what.

1 Like

Thank you for such an in-depth answer!

1 Like

You are right, that was rather poorly phrased.
I meant that the whole crypto market is very volatile.
Within that very volatile market, Bitcoin is usually less volatile than the rest of the tokens

I see; many people’s are hanging on by investing on AltCoins! The Altcoin market is really dead!

Right now, the smart move is to deal ONLY with BTC (68.8% dominance), obviously.

But I don’t see the ALT market as dead, actually there are a few very valid projects that should bring results soon enough.

The ALT market should regain momentum in the next months.