Is Blu FX scam?

The leverage is fine bro. Just say your strategy wouldn’t work with their offering.
They even have an account growth option of 1 million. If you think you can do better then go find a broker and trade your own money with the indices and oil and leverage of your choice and see how long it takes you to see a 6 figure account, let alone a 7 figure account. lol

Maybe thats what they aretrying to promote? swing traders with 2-5 days swings

I think you should go and check out the website properly and make an informed decisoon. The leverage is 1:3 for accounts as big as 25k and 50kgiving a buying power of 75k and 150k. I don’t think that amount is common for retail traders to come across so i wonder why that seems to be an issue for some.
Their expectation is 5% for any of the account sizes you go for. This is achievable by a good trader.
The 0.5 lots is the max for a position but not for that currency. So if you can open a total lot of 1,00 lot size for a currency pair, you can open it twice. That’s all there is to it.

i am trying ftmo practice demo , you get 50k and have to make 2500k profit , because this week has been so easy to make money i have already done that in just these 3 days . if i go ahead and try there real account i will have to pick a nice week to trade so i pass there test :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats bro. FTMO would always be a demo even after you pass the test. You are never given a real account. Anyway, BluFX doesn’t give you a test, you simply go ahead and start trading whether it’s an easy week to make money or not. All you are to make is 5% to withdraw profits. Simple!

1 Like

thanks greg i will take a lookat BluFX cheers -steve

Hello mate. We only wish to promote traders who can operate under our umbrella of trading parameters as the parameters act as a mentor to fulfill a virtuous cycle of trading which leads to an exceptional career path of a 1 million dollars accounts, rather than a chaotic lucky strike through increased leverage.

are you from BluFX?

This is going to be quite a long read but please take time to read it.

On this BluFX thing. It is a good idea no doubt but it is made in such a way that it is seemingly takes sheer luck to make 5% CONSTANTLY every month. It would take on average, 2months to make that 5% and my reasons are as follow.
The Leverage/Margin requirements: Earlier today, I couldn’t take up to 1lot size of trade combined on EURNZD and EURUSD. The maximum, I could go is 0.9lots combined. That is not even up to 1:3 leverage. I know that people will refer me to the margin requirements page and also say that the broker from time to time changes their margin requirements, but the fact still remains that if the Margin requirements are changed, it would affect leverage, reducing or increasing the available leverage as the case may be.

In FX, profitability doesn’t mean you would score 90-100% of all your trades. Profitability means when you add up all the Profits and Losses, you are still in profits. And the best traders are in the 40-60% success rate. Nothing is 100% certain. What you need to take is the best probability setup according to your trading style and this lack of leverage makes it impossible to take new opportunities if you spot one and your current trade is in a DD.
You could check all the boxes and the trade might still go against you or even take a while in DD before coming into profits. As time is going and your trade is in DD, you do not have the ability to take other trades if you have a setup because there is no margin left. You would have to close your current potentially profitable trade that is in a DD thereby confirming the loss and trying to make back the loss using a new trade. In all this, you still have 20trading days to go and also a withdrawal day limit of the 20th of each month. These are really unnecessary troubles to add to a trader’s head.

To make 5% on a 50k account, 1lot size (using standard pip value of 10$, because I know the pip values vary), it would mean you have to make 250pips in a month. 1lot is 1:2 leverage. If you decide to use 0.5lots (1:1 leverage) you would have to make 500pips profits. Take that down 0.25lots (1:0.5 leverage) (if you want to be able to take more opportunities), it would mean you would have to make 1000pips pure profit before hitting the 5% mark. This is not taking into consideration the losses, and swaps. 250 or 500pips monthly sounds easy on paper right? Remember you still have to make 5% on or before the 20th of each month else you would have to resubscribe to withdraw. So this means you basically have 14trading days from the 1st of each month to make 5% or 19 trading days if you subscribed on the last week of the previous month. Still sounding easy?

The lack of leverage would make one be extremely picky with the pairs and like I said earlier, FX is a probability thing and you have to pick trades with the highest probability and even when everything is checked, the trade could still be in DD for a while or even go completely against you. Every week there are at least 2-8 good trading opportunities and you never can tell which pair would yield the most pips, or which pair would be in a DD for a while. But without any leverage you can’t maximise those new opportunities even if you see the setup jumping at you on your screen. So what if you pick a pair that goes into DD first while you watch other opportunities go past? It’s not as if you are wrong in your analysis, it’s just that your trade is taking some time to mature. If you are using 0.5 lots, question is, how feasible is it to make 500pips pure profit CONSTANTLY every month? Take that to 0.25lots, how feasible is 1000pips CONSTANTLY every month?

Remember not all trades will go in your favour and even the best traders have a 40-60% success rate. They are profitable because of positive R:R ratio and risk management.

My suggestions are these:

The leverage should be increased to a range between 20-50. This would enable traders hit the 5% mark because it would enable traders to take more opportunities even if their current trade is in DD.
Or

Remove the 5% profit mark entirely or set it to every 1% so that whatever a trader makes, he can make use of to enable trader pay for next month subscription while BluFX is still keeping their 50% profit share.

The Pro account costs at least 300$ (249GBP) monthly. Take on average the 2 months that it takes one to make 5% due to the leverage limitations and that’s 600$ out already to BluFX then also take out the 1250$ which is 50% from the 5% target, that’s 1850$ minimum and then the trader only gets to take 650$ net profit (taking out the 600$ used for 2months subscription).   

BluFX is said to be about helping traders achieve their dreams but this 650$net(Trader) and 1850$(BluFX) is not looking like it. And this is due to the stringent requirements.

1 Like

Yes mate. I work with BluFX.

oh ok , well i think there leverage is too small for me , did you read the article i posted above?

Hey @TraderAtlas … is there any explanation about BluFX having nearly the exact same business model as https://www.traderscentralfund.com/ ? Monthly subscription (or one time fee) $50,0000 book, withdraws in 5% blocks, etc

In fact they’re so similar, that some pages of the BluFX website and the Traders Central website are worded exactly the same.

No accusations here. It’s just something I find highly interesting.

1 Like

Its good you know what can work for you and what cant. Blufx is looking for retail traders that are ready to work with such amounts of money in a disciplined and consistent manner. That is certainly not for everyone.

Why do you seem like an advertisement for BluFX? You’re bringing them up in threads that have nothing to do with them.

i wanted to make some bucks from the referral program. I’m done with that now though. So i am not bringing them up. i was…

Meanwhile you made a very interesting observation about Blufx and traders central. I have had a look and its obvious that this traders central guys are copying Blufx that has been around for 6 years. These guys look like they are just starting. Blufx also doesn’t have a one time fee or give demo accounts of any sort. Remember.anyone can copy anything from anyone on the internet

Thanks man. I just needed a break. I’m back and better now. It happens sometimes in forex you know.

smh. copycats. they are all over the internet nowadays.

I read the long article. It had been posted by a dude on the Facebook group if i remember correctly and he was replied by the CEO along with others. The leverage is not the problem and has never been. If it was then i along with many others wouldn’t be profitable. Granted we traders had some issues last month with the broker’s margin requirements but now we have been moved to another broker with a much better margin requirement than what it was before now. All of this swift response has been during such a time like this in the world where there’s so much uncertainty and lock-downs here and there.
Blufx is not looking for traders who are drunk with leverage. No wonder many traders fail and blow up their accounts. Blufx is offering real money unlike FTMO and the rest that have no skin in the game by giving you a demo account even when you pass their tests thereby making it easy for them to give you such leverages. After all, you would likely lose.
Anyways, the choice is yours.

2 Likes

This is it dude. I can say that i am much better as a disciplined trader than i was before joining BluFX. I would try to grow a small capital with a lot of leverage and lose it all. Every year. I got fed up at some point. It is said that Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and yet expecting a different result."
I have adjusted my strategy to be more in line with the discipline and consistency that BluFX wants from traders. And slowly but surely, my consistency over time will be evident. This is a Marathon and not a Sprint.
But i guess its different strokes for different folks. Some will never learn.

1 Like

How did it go since you joined blueFX.? Please I need to know whether it is a scam. I love it and I don’t want to be dissapointed. Please!!!