Is it merely a fire sale or is the ship sinking?

Breaks my heart looking at my Blockfolio. I believe in the coins that I have so really I’m confident it’ll be okay in the end but boy is it a struggle keeping it together. Especially with friends asking you about it.

How are you holding up in this crazy crypto bear run?

try not to get your emotions involved and always stay on top of what’s going on with the market

1 Like

Hi @purtle! It’s really challenging to stay positive especially since prices aren’t recovering yet. :frowning: I was actually hoping it would happen this month but I don’t want to get my hopes up. :sweat:

I guess the good thing is that I haven’t invested that much money on crypto yet. But I could just imagine what those who lost so much feel right now. :frowning:

I saw this earlier and it broke my heart. :cry: :cry:

And… What makes you confident it’ll be ok ?

@ria_rose

so i suppose this is where we can thank the crypto network

• for the fact that it’s not regulated, - hence no one to complain to when your son kills himself

• that its completely raw and can do whatever it wants… Yeah… hehe, i guess that’s why the kid killed himself
    Good crypto… down with Fiat currency

Now… by contrast, if someone was trading with a regulated broker and they killed themselves.
AT THE VERY LEAST if the broker did nothing, A CURRENT AFFAIR would have a field day with it

so i ask all our fellow Crypto’s out there

is it really a good thing that its not regulated
is it really a good thing that it’s not legal
is it really as free and liberal as you guys believe

and the most important , DID THE BROKER LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER THIS TRAGIC DEATH
did they even send flowers to the family , or a “sorry about your son” not to the mum

because i know the mum is losing sleep over this.

so much for crypto’s and the freedom of it
and its’ a damn shame when someone kills themselves over $180,000

Money is Money, people need to get that through their heads
it’s not worth dying for

There is no emoticon to describe how stupid i think it is to kill yourself over crypto

It’s easy to say it’s “stupid” for someone to kill themselves over crypto or money or whatever reason it was that they committed suicide but I don’t think we, as outsiders, really understand how huge that pressure is on someone. We can’t speak for other people because we are not them, I guess is what I’m saying.

The difficult part here is education and making sure people know how volatile this market is and that they know what they’re getting themselves into.

2 Likes

These projects are still pretty early in the game. It’s easy to dismiss crypto as vaporware - because most of it are - but I know a few will stick around and be widely used. :slight_smile:

Have you exited out of anything lately?

It is very sad. :pensive: For me, that sort of event really makes the point of how important it is to only put in money you can afford to lose - especially when it comes to cryptocurrencies. My heart breaks for his family.

I’m hoping it’ll improve by March but… who knows anymore. :sweat_smile:

Wow, your emoji use is contagious!

I can
Life experience qualifies me to be able to speak on this matter and I SAY it’s stupid.

You don’t need to be them to be able to understand
what is there to understand

he took on a venture
it went bad
the weight of the world came crashing down on him
he felt there was no other way out
he killed himself

our emotions play a very very profound part in how we perceive the difficulty of things

Trust me mate
i can very confidently say this is stupid
and i can very confidently say that i FULLY understand where he was before he killed himself

the way you are talking is…
we should sympathize for him
and WHY ?

because he got taken for a ride ?
well then, should we sympathize any less for the other people getting taken for a ride by crypto

are they not also POTENTIAL Suicide victims waiting to happen ?
some are, some are not
do they deserve less sympathy

No

the difference is, some will choose that there is no way out
others will learn their lesson and never do it again

TRUST ME MATE, i understand it very clearly.
but i also understand what you are saying

now the question is…
do you understand where i’m coming from ?

I do, I also have the same thoughts but it doesn’t make it true for other people just because it’s what I think. So yes, I will respectfully have to disagree and leave it at that. :slight_smile: It would be a waste of time for both of us trying to convince each other.

Meanwhile, I noticed that your messages look like… poems. They’re not constructed like actual sentences. Is there a reason behind that? :slight_smile: I’m just really curious.

1 Like

totally agree with you
there’s no point trying to convince each other
easier to agree to disagree. of course.

Not sure, i’ll check it out
i guess when i type i like to space things out so it doesn’t look like a wall of text

Oh I see. Well, if they’re longer though it still ends up becoming a wall of text - except a narrower one hehe. Just something I noticed. Personally, I find longer text easier to read if they’re structured like regular sentences. For longer paragraphs, spacing really helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ll pay attention to it
feel free to let me know in the future
i don’t take it personally.

be cool

That’s awesome. Happy to hear you’re open to feedback. Not many people are. :slight_smile:

yes… i certainly am, and you are right, and i have this issue all the time.
People ask questions. i give honest answers, and they get the shits. hehe
it makes you wonder why you even bother to begin with. Know what i mean.

I’ve seen some of your answers around here - I know you mean well and the honesty is definitely needed especially for a lot of people who seem to be in their own “bubbles.” I definitely consider you as one of the more helpful members.

But sometimes, the messages you write do come off a tad bit mean WHICH, isn’t really a problem in itself. It’s just that it will be harder for the person you’re talking to to absorb what you’re saying to them if it’s wrapped in a not-so “appetizing” way - you get what I mean?

And I know you spend time crafting messages and really trying to help but I feel like if the other person is also hurt (or maybe offended or feel bad or whatever) in the process, then the message you’re trying to get across is also lost.

Not many people can see through that either (I mean see past the honesty and bluntness) but I feel it’s something you understand so maybe that’s another thing to consider.

Thank you mate, i appreciate that.

i get what you mean
and let me say this

sometimes… i don’t mean it and maybe i don’t realize it
then, at other times, i’m intentionally being hard , and the reason is… to give them a kick up the rear end, because they need it.

I’m not here to spoonfeed people.
i’m here to here to help.

Now. if a newbie asks something stupid like “what is a pip” i will try to politely say , go to the school tab (when really i would like to slap them upside the head ), and sometimes the question is so dumb that you can’t help but come across in a negative way.

Look, maybe , because i’m an engineer and i’m from the 80’s (born in the 70s) and maybe because i was taught to not be lazy and to research and find answers… maybe that’s why i am like this.
it has been my life experience that to help someone you sometimes need to push outside their comfort zone.

and this is forex of all things , people need to pull their finger out instead of waiting for others to help them.
i mean, seriously , they expect people to tell them FOR FREE (mind you) how to make $1000 a day.
and god forbid you should give the guy a speech on getting their act together and creating positive habits that will later lead to said profits.
instead the guy says “Umm i think that’s a bit rude” LMFAO

yeah…ok
bunch of fairies that like to live in the illusion of forex land where money rains from the skies

bottom line,… they either want to do it or they don’t
if they ask and i see they are serious , i show them the respect of giving the correct answer and showing them the way.
if they need a kick up the bum, i’ll give em one
i expect them to understand it’s a kick of love (hehe) if you get my drift

so i can see how the kick comes across as mean, but they are supposed to take it objectively and as advice, but they don’t , they get offended. oh well.[quote=“purtle, post:17, topic:133819”]
And I know you spend time crafting messages and really trying to help but I feel like if the other person is also hurt (or maybe offended or feel bad or whatever) in the process, then the message you’re trying to get across is also lost.
[/quote]

maybe you’re right
it’s hard to judge who does and who doesn’t lose it though.

mate, i’ll be honest, if i had to trade honesty and bluntness for holding their hand and saying “it’s ok , it’ll be alright, just watch your risk, blah blah blah BS BS” mate, it’s probably better i don’t comment anyway.

i feel that that type of advice would be absolutely useless to them as a trader.
i can work on toning the bluntness down, but it will get to a point where it becomes a question of… is this still worth responding to.

the way i see it , it’s a balance of Blunt vs Emotional consideration,
the more you consider emotions, the less blunt you have to be
the less blunt you are the more you ARE MASKING THE REAL ISSUE, that’s how i see it.

Oh yeah, definitely. I understand how frustrating it is to see the same questions over and over again and you see how it was so lazily asked and how it just shows how the other person just expects to be handed over what he wants in an instant without doing any work.

There are lazy questions and there are honest questions. Either way though, it’s always been my position to not attack the person but the question. It just makes it a lot easier for everyone and for myself. I certainly don’t want negative energy anywhere in my life.

It’s been great talking to you! Looking forward to the wider and shorter wall of text from your posts. Ha. Will definitely chime in every now and then. For now, it is time to get away from my monitor to go out and enjoy the weekend! So happy weekend to you, “mate!”

for sure 100%, and most times they are honest questions. but here’s the problem…
what if the HONEST QUESTION is ridiculously basic like a person asking what is 10% of $100 and you explain and they don’t get it.

how can you not come across negative in some way when you consider the person is supposed to be working out the complexities of trading and yet does not know 10% x 100 .

then the person tells you (or me) that i’m being rude hehe.
Mate, if they lack a basic 4th grade education, i can’t help that, and i can’t lie to myself and not say i think this is stupid. so how am i suppose to react, i mean my 13 year old nephew knows the answer.

but i get what your’e saying

now…

likewise.

cool… hope i’m doing good so far. let me know

look forward to it.

totally understand, be cool mate, have a good weekend

1 Like