Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

@mlawson71, I’ll make it a bit simpler… NO Boosters, including the annual Influenza Booster have ever been made mandatory. COVID will be the first mandatory “Booster” (of many) that will ensure you are a second rate citizen if you are not inoculated on an annual basis.

You will be legislated to have it… no matter of your physiology…

Oh wow. :open_mouth: Not sure what to feel about this but it seems like this whole vaccination issue wouldn’t be done by 2023, unlike what was initially predicted. :frowning: Oh no. :sob:

Ahhh. Yeah. :open_mouth: That makes sense. I forgot about this! I guess I was also just hoping that we could put this pandemic behind us as soon as we get vaccinated. :confused:

Not arguing any of your points really, but the US spends like $5 billion per year on cancer R&D. I know that’s a budget for more than a single cancer, so on the whole, it’s a big sum, but per individual cancer, probably easily less than $500 million average per cancer. But I won’t say cancer research isn’t massive.

I do believe like you there really isn’t an incentive for find cures using an all out money and research approach. Like the military industrial complex in the US, the healthcare complex is just as ridiculous. There’s too much money involved.

1 Like

WOW!!! really!? Why so late?

I’m fully aware I’m wasting my time posting facts and figures (completely checkable) in these forums… Opinions are everything these days. A breakdown of the co-morbidity to COVID deaths during this Pandemic.

The fixation on COVID is incredible… Simple people, with simple fixations… require simple solutions.

4 Likes

I got my first dose the day before yesterday \o/

2 Likes

This is true - last night twenty people died in Delhi, India because there was not enough oxygen available at the Jaipur Golden Hospital.

They were simple people requiring a simple solution.

The fixation on covid in India is understandable - two thousand six hundred and and four people died in the covid wards along with those twenty in the past 24 hours.

Yet India according to the health minister last month is “in the endgame” of the pandemic.

What has happened since? - Friday witnessed 2263 deaths in India.

The guard was dropped - simple actions often have simple results and simple people suffer.

Over 80 people drown each day in India… that’s 30,000+ per year, doesn’t even rate a mention in mainstream media. No uproar about swim safety programs, water education… nothing.

How many pass away each day from putrid drinking water or diseases eradicated decades ago in most of the western world, no doubt hundreds more… hardly rates a mention in western media.

Fixation on COVID?

20 people in a COVID hospital succumb due to the lack of medical oxygen and it makes global front page news…

Fixation on COVID?

India, with close to 1.3 Billion inhabitants currently have 3000 per day dying from the Virus and while truly tragic, is a similar percentage of population to most of the supposably advanced and technically superior European nations when the pandemic was tearing through populace’s prior to lockdowns in 2020…

India can vaccinate as many as it likes… Unfortunately, it’s culture will not allow harsh lockdowns imposed elsewhere… Life for most Indians is a daily struggle without these economy destroying measures.

27/04 Edit… Western Australia premier Mark McGowan says authorities have made an alarming discovery about many of the recent infected travellers returning to his state from the Subcontinent.

He said that returned travellers from India are arriving COVID positive with certificates saying they do not have the virus – and that the tests done in India for returning Australians either “aren’t accurate or aren’t believable”.

You can see already how well a mandatory BS COVID Passport is going to stop the spread of this Virus.

2 Likes

Tbh, I’m not really sure either. :sweat: I guess they’re having a bit of trouble with the procurement. :open_mouth: And we’re not doing all that well with the distribution and actual vaccination either. :confused:

Yeeeees! :blush: I’m so happy for youuu! :smiley: How was it? Feeling an side effects? :smiley:

Agree. How can you trust the info? There’s always going to be lag in infection and detection. At best, it’s a timing issue and at the time of check, the traveler wasn’t sick but then got sick. At worst, a black market starts where people buy fake passports, for whatever reason.

Got mine using J&J, no side effects except sore arm. Also fell asleep real early during vaccine day lol. But that’s about it. No headache, fever, etc.

1 Like

India is a million miles away and might seem that it’s current surge in infections is a problem only for that country.

The reality is that covid has shown that it will mutate if it can jump from host to host often enough - the more infections then the greater the risk of new mutations. The more mutation the greater the risk of a vac resistant one appearing.

1 Like

Btw if anyone interested google “pharmacy of the world”.

Then perhaps glance a just one report from an Indian employee of the BBC from his home state.

Covid in Uttar Pradesh: Coronavirus overwhelms India’s most populous state - BBC News

@peterma, Exactly… I pointed this out a few months ago… (Feb 2nd)

A vaccine will not magically end this Pandemic… Unicorns and Pigs with wings first…

Not yet, I’m 29 and not been offered it yet in the UK.

You’re at little risk but I hope you’re staying safe. Just a matter of time now…

As of last night the UK has vaccinated 30.6% of the total population once, plus 20.3% of the population twice. This totals 47.5million injections. Vaccination appointments are now being offered to residents as young as 42.

1 Like

Sorry you won’t be having yours until 2023, I hope it becomes available much sooner for you! My other half has been fully vaccinated, I haven’t been vaccinated yet, I’m expecting an appointment through in a few weeks. Other half just had a slightly sore arm for a couple of days, but no other side-effects worth noting. He’s also still testing himself twice a week with his job and has remained covid free.

2 Likes