Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

The vaccination lists are aimed at providing protection to groups from whom maybe up to 99% of the fatalities have occurred. But the main point of lockdowns and tiers and masks etc. has never been personal protection - that’s a matter of personal choice - like skiing or base jumping. It has been to prevent the health services being overwhelmed.

2 Likes

It is free in Italy and in the EU , priority is the same as UK but distribution is much slower so far.

2 Likes

Sincerely, best wishes my friend.

2 Likes

Slow start here in Ontario, Canada, priority is retirement homes and health care providers. Only 60,000 vaccinated so far here in Ontario out of 14.5 million people, but they are getting ready to ramp that up, hopefully in the next few days.

I can’t wait, it’s gotten very bad, very quickly here. I’ve been fortunate enough to work from home since last March, but that’s coming to an end once this lockdown has been lifted at the end of the month.

4 Likes

That’s definitely good news for you and your family! :open_mouth: It really helps to have insurance at a time like this. :open_mouth: I also have insurance but I’m just not sure if it would also cover the vaccine once it becomes available here in the country. :confused:

Are you from Italy? :open_mouth: I am so happy that things are going much better there, compared to the initial outbreak. :sob: Really best for countries to start the distribution of vaccines before things go bad again. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah. :open_mouth: I have friends who currently live in Canada and they had the same observations. :frowning: But at least, once they find the most efficient process to distribute, it’ll be much faster and easier. :frowning: I feel like Canada has one of the best healthcare systems so I’m feeling very hopeful for you there!

1 Like

Wonder what the countries’ response will be with the new variants coming out…

Hmmm. :thinking: Fortunately, I think I’ve read that the current vaccines are still effective against the new variants popping up but with the virus still mutating, I hope this goes for future variants too. :sweat:

1 Like

not yet, my sister in law got vaccinated yesterday

1 Like

Father in law had his first dose last week and imagine my father will very shortly. Imagine I will get a letter soon too as I take immunosuppressant meds

1 Like

LOL - “enlightening”?!

they’re enlightening about his mental state, that’s all

on Twitter, Facebook, or any responsible social media platform, they would have been removed

small, privately owned forums can take a chance on publishing whatever they want, i suppose, and can get away with it

3 Likes

What is this about? I am curious

1 Like

Not yet here!

1 Like

Good to hear that!

1 Like

First vaccination jab yesterday. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

Good to hear that!

1 Like

Did you get the AZ one or PF?

Here under 70’s getting PF and over 70’s AZ.

1 Like

Its was the AZ (I’m under 70 though…).
I wasn’t aware the vaccines were being streamed like that.

1 Like

I suspect it’s down to logistics - AZ is easy to store so GP’s can store it and administer in care homes.
PF being administered by Dept Of Health at 7 central locations - so I was able to book online for next Wed morning and the 2nd dose automatically scheduled 10 weeks later. They gave this one to all the health care workers who are generally under 65 and able to travel.

It’s a good system.

2 Likes