Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

How many of you really plan to get vaccinnated? I see mixed opinions everywehere.

1 Like

Cool story from Oregon a few days ago.

Priority around me is still the elderly and health care workers/ first responders.

1 Like

Ooooh! :smiley: That’s great! :slight_smile: How is she doing so far? No side effects or anything? :open_mouth:

That’s so nice! :smiley: It’s great that members of your family are getting vaccinated also. :smiley: I hope you’re up next. Keep us posted! :blush:

Same here, actually. :confused: It might take a while. :open_mouth: (Some say until 2023 :sweat:) If you don’t mind, which country are you from?

Hmmm. :thinking: Not sure who this question is directed to but for this thread, we’ve been talking about who among us have been vaccinated already. :smiley:

OMG! :blush: That’s really great to hear. :blush: How are you feeling so far? :smiley: When are you scheduled to get the next shot?

1 Like

I would want to get vaccinated, but our country seems to be having problems with the procurement. :frowning: I understand that there are fear of the side effects, but I guess I just really wanna get back to the new normal. :frowning:

Oh my gosh, it seems like my quote on that user about QuadPip’s thread “What we are Not…” got disappeared mysteriously.
I apologize for the confusion.

1 Like

The next 2 days after the jab I ached in every muscle though it wasn’t really bad. No date yet for second jab but it should be in about 11 weeks - the vaccination centre let my doctor know and I can get the second jab from them.

The UK has stretched the gap between the 2 jabs to 12 weeks so that they can get more people with 1 jab rathe than half as many with 2. The argument is its better to have 2 people who are 89% protected than 1 person who is 95% protected.

1 Like

waiting for my turn to get vaccinated…hope it will come soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a close friend who got vaccinated. She had some flu-like symptoms for a day or two and her arm was pretty sore but it went away after 48 hours.

2 Likes

Well everyone wants to get back to their normal routines, but getting a vaccination done, guarantees that in no way, right? I am still unsure whether I want one or not :neutral_face:

1 Like

The vaccine gives 90+% protection. Which does not make it safe to ignore distancing and masking etc. But its obvious that if everyone has 90+% protection, the chances of contracting covid in the community will be very low.

The vaccine also takes a couple of weeks to get the body’s protection up to its best level.

2 Likes

The vast majority of medical professionals support the use of vaccination to prevent the spread of these diseases. Some of these people who claim “but what’s in it?” will happily snort coke off a bathroom floor without a problem and went to the university of Google for 5 mins so I’ll be sticking to what the medical professionals say. Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday.

2 Likes

A study by the University of Oxford has found that its own vaccine at least appears to prevent the spread as well as reduce the chances of getting it and suffering with it so it seems there is a two fold benefit to vaccination. However there will always be people who simply cannot be vaccinated due to things like chemotherapy or immuno-disease. It is therefore the responsibility of everyone who can get it to do so to protect those who can’t in my opinion. That it is even up for discussion blows my mind when the wealth of evidence in support of vaccines is so strong.

Glad you got yours done. My second is on the 20th April. Any date for you yet?

2 Likes

No date yet for the second jab but I heard my doctor’s surgery has been slow off the mark - they’ve had to send their patients to the other side of town and to a mass vaccination centre. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Wealth of evidence from who?? The people and corporations that stand to make a profit from the two jabs and the no doubt yet to be announced ongoing annual booster shot… No thanks.

This virus is mutating at such a rate that by the time they complete the first round of vaccinations it will be down to 40% effective… All this was published over 12 months ago by the bio chemists that left the vaccine programs due to the vaccine being designed to a timetable… not a quality…

Have a look back through some of my posts in the middle of last year… I stated then that rollout was to be commenced at all costs by January 2021… Ready or Not!!

2 Likes

Yeah I was sent to a surgery a little bit away from mine but the local village is full of quite elderly so assume they are reserving it for those and others that can’t travel. My dad has his this Satuerday as well so in all that will be 4 people I know vaccinated personally including myself with you and some others in addition. Good to hear!

Its normal for viruses to mutate within months. The flu jab has been successfully deployed for years but its never the same formulation twice - some of it is common to previous years’ but there are additional constituents to combat the latest strains. If you’re unsure, just don’t have it.