Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

Oh no. :confused: I guess there’s really a high chance we would never be Covid free completely. :open_mouth: But I hope that we can at least avoid the adverse effects of the virus. :open_mouth: For some reason, I feel like it’s the vaccine and the idea that people are being vaccinated so they’ll be less infections that is making people more confident to go out, which increases their chances of acquiring the virus. :frowning:

I would think so too. :open_mouth:

That’s greaaat! :blush: Please keep us updated. :smiley: I’m actually looking forward to the J&J vaccine to be available here cause it’s a brand I really trust. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Is there any news when it will become available in your country?

I was great the day of the shot, woke up with flu like symptoms and body aches and maybe a slight fever. Took some meds in the morning, most of the pain went away, but it all came back later in the evening as the meds were wearing off. No arm pain whatsoever. Really strange.

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: I haven’t heard much about the vaccines recently because people have been panicking about the spike in our numbers again. :confused:

1 Like

Hmmmm. :open_mouth: At least nothing unbearable? It may be your body’s way of absorbing the vaccine, idk. :open_mouth: Did your other family members experience the same side effects?

Not been offered it yet.

Everyone I know who has had it has been quite ill afterwards. For 24 hours.

Oh. :open_mouth: So I guess it’s normal, regardless of the vaccine you get? :open_mouth: Or did the people you know also get the same vaccine?

1 Like

Getting my second jab next week at Westpoint.
Planning on feeling ropey for a day after.

Worrying Mutations… Not much I have to post on I haven’t already posted…

All the while vaccinations are increasing and so is the daily cases of COVID across the globe.

I think they got the same one. FIne a couple days later, but hit for six initially

I see being reported that vacs in Israel now at 61% of population - new cases currently at 10% of new case level in Dec past - something is working right.

@peterma, unfortunately, the impressionable are confusing the success of Lockdowns with the efficacy of Vaccinations… In both Israel, United Kingdom and across the globe.

In 2020, Australia and New Zealand didn’t have Vaccines to wave in the air as the Elixir to all that is COVID, just harsh economy destroying Lockdowns which all but eradicated the Virus in both countries.

It’s a mixed bag. Some experienced only arm pain/soreness for a couple hours, others were down, in bed for 24 hours. My body aches felt like the flu. But most people I know who’ve been vaccinated, whether Pfizer, Moderna or J&J were good after 24 hours. I had some lingering headaches 2 days later. But that could have been a caffeine headache!

there are so many new strains of corona. is the vaccine able to cover all the strains?

Basically yes. The current vaccines give improved protection against the current strains.

1 Like

I can imagine how frustrating that is. I’m sorry, ria_rose.

1 Like

And the hits “keep on comin” for the field tested AZ vaccine… Remember no was data available for the 65+ demographic… after the AZ Vaccine had been approved to be distributed… Absolutely unbelievable!

“Under-30s in the UK will be offered an alternative to the AstraZeneca vaccine as Europe’s medicine regulator confirmed that “unusual blood clots” should be listed as a “very rare” side-effect of the jab…”

Under 30’s needing hospitalization or dying from the Virus IS listed as “very rare” as well…

AZ(1)

I give the AstraZeneca Vaccine another 3-4 months before it is removed from global rollouts altogether…

1 Like