Is trading forex a full-time job?

i followed qurenix, so far ok… hv profit on this month… last month, i join save fx n kama, lost more…

This totally depends upon the individual traders preference, if they are willing to trade for full time then they should have good knowledge regarding the forex market to make consistent income.

Actually, only one of these signal providers has a DD of less than 10% :wink:

Its really difficult to get a DD less than 10% - especially with how zulutrader assesses drawdown. It does it in pips and assigns you a certain amount of pips to start with.

It is trader’s choice to do forex as full time or part time job . Many traders are interested to do it as part time trading . I feel it is more beneficial as full time job . Traders has more time for market watch and analysis. they can get all possible chances of profit from full time trading.

I think most people here aspire to be full time. In my opinion there is nothing glamorous about ‘trading’ and there is a very good reason why most traders quit before a certain age.

your point exactly? there is nothing wrong with the calculation of the drawdown…i find it pretty straight forward - lowest low until the highest high recorded - pips or currency does not matter much - same thing at the end of the day.

I think drawdown calculated by percentage more accurately reflects what I understand about drawdown. If you think that drawdown by pips helps (and it might do more if you follow a signal provider) then by all means use it. I have just seen some providers have 100+% drawdowns on zulutrade which should be impossible and does not conceptually make sense to me.

what are you talking about it is in percentage and next to it is the number in pips. Maximum drawdown - 30% (358) , for example. One way or another, we both are talking about the same thing. The 1y, months pop up are actually projections based on current performance, as the systems are usually quite young.
the one with the high dd? who are you referring to exactly?

This is true … if you want to become a professional trader, you want to do it full-time and a primary source of earning. That is when you will learn it seriously. Otherwise you will always be in “trying” mode. Thats my experience atleast.

mate, spare yourself the time and the money, go open a followers account on zulutrade - will earn more than actually from trying to learn to trade yourself :slight_smile:

Zulutrade? how does this work?

Thanks you very much!

simple as that - you open an account and start following -copying the signals of professional traders or you become one.
check the video to see exactly:

What Is ZuluTrade? - YouTube

It is exactly up to you but i would suggest that if you balance your job and trading then spot the best you will actualy determine from there and see which really requires your full time dedication.

How do the copied trades work out? Have you been doing that for a while?

check out the video and you will get the exact idea of how copying trades works:
What Is ZuluTrade? - YouTube

yah i want the signals… send me your tweet username

Looks like the thread got somewhat hijacked… oh well, happens. :slight_smile:
I’m tempted to follow along the signal provider service path, but if I’ve learned anything from my experience then it would be that the person you can trust the most is yourself. That’s the main reason I try to “make it” by myself, through calling the shots on trades and being in tune with the market sentiment.

I’ve tried to fit into the 1H, 4H & 1D timeframes but the market gets too choppy for me… so now I’ve switched to daily and weekly TFs. I’m also going through an Ichimoku learning period, which suits these higher timeframes well, as it gives insight into the bigger moves of the market… which I’m out to get. :smiley:

I’m wondering though… what would be a reasonable amount of pips per week?

mine?? i am not a signal provider. Go on zulutrade and find as much as you like among the traders.