Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

Just downloaded the Ivybot v5.0 no trades yet so far. Using on demo accts at forex.com Basicfx and IBfx.

ive got my trade after i set the Aggressive settings on the IVY 5.0. but so far now its floating - 200 ++. See how it goes to close the trade. Anyways i suggest for aggressive players…set low TP. As market is too volatile and wild these days. A powerful robot cant see/predict far trends. but only near ones…i was up 100-200++ then it suddenly start dropping. Trading lots are 1.0. guys can try it out =) take care and happy trading =)

I am considering aggressive settings. with a low TP like suggested below.

I can get this much activity with no EA, just charts up.

At least I am not losing money.

installed the 5.0 update yesterday on all 4 accounts 2 with BasicFX (default/aggressive) and 2 with Forex.com (default/aggressive)

default with forex.com and basicfx had no activity

BasicFX aggressive (4 trades)

USDJPY sell 094.21 0.9417 +4.25
USDCHF sell 1.0618 1.0611 +6.60
USDCHF sell 1.0614 1.0607 +6.60
USDJPY sell 094.15 0.94.30 -15.91

net +1.54

Forex.com aggressive (2 trades)

USDCHF sell 1.0617 1.0610 +6.60
USDJPY sell 094.13 094.18 -5.31

net +1.29

Am I wrong in thinking this, or did I just dream it? Wasn’t that the major reason for the 5.0 upgrade?

I can understand no trading. I went to aggressive settings to, hopefully, increase it in this weird market, but the IBFX, TheCollective, and Forex.com-UK have me wondering. :confused:

Running four simultaneous robots using one full lot on each robot with a $2250 account (as Ivybot PDF recommends) means you can only OPEN ONE TRADE AT A TIME as your margin for one full lot is over $1K by itself and a trade with two full lots simultaneously open will surely result in a MARGIN CALL. Evidently the Ivybot developers aren’t the only ones who don’t understand money management …

No link to MT4STATS = you are LYING about your 10% weekly profit. Prove me wrong … you won’t because you CAN’T.

I purchased and am forward testing Ivybot with an open mind but maintain my original criticisms are valid. I am giving it a fair test and am reporting my results accurately. My testing methodology (that you challenged) has been from the beginning on a VPS, how much fairer can you get? So far Ivybot has not been profitable enough to cover the cost of the VPS. Folks sitting on the fence about Ivybot have an appreciation of the service I and others are providing, 100% unbiased. If Ivybot does well, I’ll be happy and report that it does well. When Ivybot averages only 1 pip a day profit, I’ll report that too. Just the facts.

I would like to see your responses to my criticisms. Challenge the criticism, don’t attack the person. Attacking the person means you have no valid counterpoints.

$149 is a lot of money to some folks, and if you enjoy throwing away $149 you can paypal it to me. Reality … the new Ivybot 5.0 backtests only fair with very few trades, try it yourself. IvyNOT is a better name.

If you don’t care, why are you posting again? :smiley:

Attacking me personally is not only against Babypips rules, it proves my point … you can’t counter my Ivybot criticisms so you attack me.

I buy every promising new Clickbank bot that comes out and test them all on my VPS, hoping someday that someone will put out a product that truly will be profitable. So far, they all have bugs or don’t work as advertised. When they fail, I take advantage of Clickbank’s 60 day refund.

With the few posts you have and NONE of them helpful, you are kidding yourself if you think the folks reading this care less that you downloaded Ivybot 5.0. Why don’t you try being helpful instead of lying about “10% a week”?

The world awaits your stats … that don’t exist … :stuck_out_tongue:

Listen everyone… Ivybot is a scambot.
The hype is ridiculous, and the authors claim a whole pile of academic research and insight to backup their claim.

The TRUTH is, that when decompiled, the trading robot uses nothing more than crossing of simple & exponential moving averages and trend determined by the ADX indicator for an entry signal. While that’s OK, I guess… it IS oversimplistic and a far cry from what the hype promises.

The exit signal is a different story all together… there basically IS NO exit signal strategy. The bot either hits take profit, closes at a loss after a predefined time, or margins your account out!

ANY bot that has the capability to margin your account is NOT a trading bot, but a GAMBLING bot!

This bot is effectively GAMBLING your money, and yet people are so willing to dedicate REAL MONEY to this scam!

I think you are correct mate.
I filed for a refund yesterday.Cannot any longer for them to try and fix this.Their claim is not true and ain;t gambling my money.

I loaded it on 6 brokers with aggressive settings. I mentioned the brokers in a previous post.

A usdjpy sell trade opened on 5 of the six. The one “broker” that didn’t open a trade was The Collective FX LLC. The 5 digit brokers opened just like the 4 digit. So far I am in profit with all open trades, although Forex FS was the quickest to enter and is in the most profit.

If what is written in the post below is true then this is truly a dangerous EA. I wonder how the code was cracked?

In rebuttal to the margin call being the stop loss, I have had several instances when Ivy closed the trade without hitting TP. In fact I have only one trade hit TP in Default mode. Several of us wondered why the trades were closed since the trend quickly reversed and went for more profit without Ivy in the trade.

I figure this is the last gasp for this EA. I am going to run it on through next week and if amazing things don’t happen, then it’s on to Clickbank with the rest of you folks.

Here are my aggressive settings for usdjpy. They are the same across all brokers:
2009.08.26 13:18:07 IVY_USD_JPY_5.0 USDJPY,H1 inputs: lots=0.1; trailingStop=25; takeProfit=40; stopLoss=0; slippage=5; dds_delay=36000; PowerTrend=true; PM_Adjust=1.6982; Max_Deviation=true; Ivy_Trend=true; Testmode=false; ClickbankCode="; Pin_under=5; Long_cut=3; crmRPM=14; Pound_level=15; Dscan=0.42; Hscan=0.15; magic=16384; nameEA=“IVYBOT_USD_JPY”;

You do sound very childish. Seriously. I’m not attacking anything, in fact, when you use the word attack, makes me think are you the one with no life still playing Xbox. haha. Anyway, I cant even be bothered with you, you’re always negative aren’t you, so why should I even explain anything with you.

You said the same thing for megadroid. Forex Megadroid Forum • View topic - Maree’s Megadroid Advanced Droid Tactics Live Results

Anyway guys, Ivybot v5.0 haven’t open any trades for me yet.

Had A Friend send me this today Seems its the source code for FapTurbo and several other ea’s?
Looks Interesting:

prohosted.com/sourcecode.cfm

Has ANYONE had any trade with IvyBot 5.0 using default settings yet? When?
I have it on a $500 live account. Has not touched a penny yet… Hmm.

Backtracking Ivy 5.0 from 2009-01-01 to now looks really great on all 4 bots. The EUR/JPY only makes 1 trade when I try it though. The other ones make between 10 - 80 trades during this period. The USD/JPY is the most active apparently. Wonder why?

(I am a complete newbie. :wink: )

i have made a loss with ivybot 5.0 today - 400++

Ouch! At what time? What currency pair? Default settings?

But IvyBot was up to the effort. At one time all accounts were up 20 to 26 points, then This happened:

2009.08.28 02:31:26 order #117683 sell 0.10 USDJPY at 93.60 sl: 0.00 tp: 93.20 closed at price 93.90.

Similar results on all other brokers. It had already closed the previous sell order for a profit. why it opened the last order as a sell instead of a buy I do not know.

At this point, I am just enjoying the ignorance of this thing since it’s on Demo accounts anyway.

The funniest thing is Ivy completely ignored the retracement which would have put all accounts up by a few pips. :confused: :confused:

Unless Ivy Bot has a turn around today it will close the week with a loss. I started Ivy Bot on Monday on serveral accounts in demo mode. I have had no trades on the FXOpen account. One positive trade and one negative trade on other accounts. I am running all aggresive settings from the IVY Bot manual. Only trades this week were in the USDJPY market.

I am hoping for better results next week.

10% a week sounds about what I got out of my demo account, maybe a bit more. I started with a $1000 deposit. I used nothing but default settings on forexmeta demo server. I had a handful of trades and ended up $1400 ending balance for a little less than a month. 3 trades were negative, 2 of them quite large. Before they went negative, however, they were in the positive. Friday has been a bad day to trade.

Started a live account. Using 4.9 still, with default settings, on FXDD. No trades yet.

Sooo… If I understand it correctly, noone has had a trade with IvyBot 5.0 on DEFAULT settings yet? :confused:

I am curious because I run it at my own computer and I have had to take it down a few times due to different problems, like a thunderstorm :eek: and such, and I thought perhaps I had missed the trade.

Speaking of downtime - if the computer or the network is down when IvyBot has a position open, does anyone know what will happen when the trading starts again / the network goes up? (I use FXDD / MetaTrader4).

Ivy Bot Has Nothing Special Going On:

Maybe change the extern double dds_delay = 43200.0; to something like 99999999 to prevent the closing of an order as soon as the default value.