Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

I have changed to the default/conservative settings for the final week. Including the suggestion of .5 lots per trade on 3K accounts.

The Collective FX LLC has denied IvyBot this past week. No matter… They never went into a trade, even though the other 5 Brokers did 3 times on aggressive settings.

No trades last 5 days on three demo accounts BasicFx, Forex.com, & IbFx
one on default settings, and 2 on scalp settings that I am testing.
Anyway no trades on any.

guys…whoever thats using ivy5.0 already. i personally got trades off ForexFS but no on ForexMeta. anyways…instead of posting the no trades and so on…why dont u guys email Ivy support team and lets see what do they have to say about that. Theres a setting under MAGIC something. i dont know whats that all about as well. Post more emails and queries to them and see how it will be going. some of us here have almost pass the 30 day purchasing mark. hopefully things will start running properly if not …most of us will start clicking the refund button.

I am clicking the refund button.

The staff in ivybot told me that people are losing money because they did not use it the right way. They lose money because they change to aggresive setting. The right way to do it is use default setting and let the ivybot works for itself. Even though the return is slow if u use default setting, but u still can get consistent returns.

So I want to get feedbacks from u guys. Is it really true? Cos I’m still considering whether to buy ivybot. Anyone that use default setting but still lose money?

I am going to tell what has happened with my ivybot so far.

1.- I bought it when it first came out.
2.- Two and a half weeks went by and nothing happened.
3.- Finally after that long time the usdjpy started trading.
4. It gave me about 22 trades with in a week non stop…-
5 My live acct at forex.com gave a + balance of about $89.xx dlls being my balance of $556.xx
6.- They came out with the upgrade ivybot 5.
7.- Ever since the upgrade nothing has happened.

what i would do if i would be you… do not buy ivybot. play safe and buy fapturbo. i am going to run it this week starting today and to be very honest i would tell you that i ama little afraid that may take money away from my acct.
trust me run fapturbo with any acct and it will give you profits 4 day aout of five. most likely fap turbo does not trade on Fridays.
IF YOU USE THE SCALPER METHOD WITH FAPTURBO AND TWEAK IT, WHICH I HAVE DONE ALREADY. IT WILL TRIPLE YOUR EARNINGS. GOOD LUCK.

Tho some traders went to aggressive settings after getting a yawn on default settings, mine was left on default settings. My very first trade was a loss so my account was never once for even a second in a bottom line profitable position…and last week no trades again all week. As for consistent returns, I got 75% loser trades on default settings.

I’ve been testing IvyBot on two demo accounts starting August 2nd on an FXDD account and August 14th on a BasicFX account.

IvyBot didn’t make any trades untill the 14th so the test results are about the same for both accounts.

Both accounts are being tested with default settings and run all week long from Sunday afternoon until Friday afternoon when the markets close.

On the 20th I changed the lot size from the default 0.1 to 1.0 as recommended in the manual which resulted in a large loss.
On the 22nd I changed the lot size to 0.5, it’s ran a full week since with no trades.
Today, Sunday the 30th I will start with the 5.0 version.

My demo accounts.

FXDD => nymrod.mt4stats.com

BasicFX => nymrod2.mt4stats.com

Here are a few MT4Stats I have found for IvYBot.

ivybots.mt4stats.com
robinivymeta.mt4stats.com
wallaceforexlab13.mt4live.com (Aggressive Settings)
wallaceforexlab17.mt4live.com (Default Settings)
forexpeacearmy.com/metatrader_expert_advisor/ivy_bot/demo

The results there are much better than mine, the default settings page has about the same results as what I have on my two accounts.

I’m glad I found this forum, that’s how I found out about the 5.0 update.
I didn’t receive an update email about it.

Nu24X

Hi!

Do you know if it is possible to find out what settings are used for those better series of trades?

Carl

Thanks for the feedback guys. It really helped me a lot. Now I’m not gonna buy ivybot anymore. Will look at fapturbo instead. But I heard that the default setting for fapturbo is not really good. What is the optimum setting for fapturbo? I plan to put in $500 first. If profitable, I will put in $1500.

Hey!
My IVY 5.0 has finally acted. It just opened a SELL on USDJPY. Currently the quote has danced around +/- 0 for an hour… wonder what way it will go.

After almost four weeks waiting my ivybot has opened two sell trades usd/jpy and usd/chf, my broker is ibfx and have mini live account. i have the default settings and i did not yet use ivybot v5.
I will post the result .
james

Same here. My live account opened sells on usdjpy and usdchf. Opened at 92.94 and 106.22, closed at 92.89 and 105.72 respectively for a profit of $52.62 total (using 0.1 lot size, 550 deposit).

My ivybot 5 demo account on forexmeta also had opened

1] 2009.08.31 sell usdjpy @ 92.94 it’s still going at 92.80
2] 2009.08.31 sell usdchf @ 1.0623 it’s still going at 1.0574

server time is now 19.28 same day

because i had set 1 lot each, on a 5k account, it’s usd 150 & 450 in profit !

however the previous few trade din do too well …

i was with the aggressive settings…usd/jpy and usd/chf went trading today. profit was 200 + and 400 ++. was good for today but V5.0 is much more risky.

Out of 8 trades 3 were losses. I only changed the dds_delay setting to shorter period. Lot=.10 so it could have been a great day if I wanted to risk full lot size.

Anyone else have a good day today with IVYBOT?:smiley:

Was running it on two brokers, basicfx and Alpari UK. Basic FX picked up two trades today, one closed at a loss of 107.35, the other at a profit of 42.45. .5 lot sizes @ $2000 account.

Alpari only picked up the loss, closed at -86.46, same lot size and account size.

Seemed promising today as I watched them while one of the trades soared up to about $250 then plummeted to a negative and finally settled at $42.

FXDD lot size = 0.5 take profit = 40 pips took the 40 pips profit on USD/JPY.
USD/CHF trade still open at 1.0 lot size, currently up 30 pips with a take profit at 66 pips.

FXDD => nymrod.mt4stats.com

BasicFX lot size = 1.0 take profit = 82 pips, trade was up 50 pips at one time but closed for a 17 pip profit.
USD/CHF trade still open with same settings as above.

BasicFX => nymrod2.mt4stats.com

Nu24X

Hi. I’m trying out Ivybot and I’ve got it set up on MetaTrader using a ForexMeta demo account, just like they recommend. But I’d like to try it on demo accounts at Forex.com and Oanda too. How do you do that? So far I can’t get that question answered by Ivybot’s tech support. I know some people on this discussion thread must know because I see people referring to Ivybot with these and other brokers. Thanks.

^^^ id say just open a demo acc with the broker(s) of your choice and add the ivybot to your Experts folder for each of their programs (tho they use the same platform you need to add the autotrader to each of their own system->experts folder in order to find it) after that you should be able to run it on those demo accounts