Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

I tested Ivybot using the default settings on all four currency pairs from the day it came out until today. It made less than one pip a day on average and didn’t trade very smartly IMHO. Verdict - Refund.

Have also tested Megadroid but it’s huge losses live wipe out the small profits. Megadroid has a good strategy, but poor execution live. Megadroid does not show live testing on their website, it’s a demo account. Verdict - Refund.

Tested FAP Turbo and it is streaky … produces good results in a ranging market, and if you limit the pairs and time frame it trades, it does ok. Sometimes it too has large losses. Verdict - Refund.

Currently testing Robominer which is doing consistently well, although small profits. It’s cool that they offer a free version to demo test with. It runs on AUDNZD which has a big 13 pip spread on FXDD and you also get whacked with a daily swap of about 3 cents a trade when running live that doesn’t show up demo or backtesting. Never takes a loss as it does not use a stop loss but will have a big drawdown occasionally with several loosing trades open. In theory, they should eventually come into profit but the daily swap charge on long term positions is a killer live. I think I would cut the loosers loose after a few weeks if running live. Even with the loosers it leaves straggling, it makes a profit. Verdict - best commercial EA I have tested so far.

Also testing my own scalper EA, live on EURUSD and AUDUSD. Have it tweaked so it backtests 100% on EURUSD and AUDUSD for the last several months. This is a new version that just got started testing live yesterday. It uses a Sto, RSI, and SMA combination with a hard take profit and hard stop loss. It’s not for sale, but I do have a free EA on my web site.

Would you mind sharing the link to your site? :slight_smile:

I would but pipsygorilla would edit it out with a link violation comment. You can put your mouse over my name and go to my homepage.

Been there…

You can post links after you have made 50 posts… 7 more to go for you.

Nu24X

Anybody else having trouble with the MT4Stats site?

Nu24X

Thanks for that info. 6 to go! :smiley:

You’re welcome. :wink:

Nu24X

robominer has a - 400 pips floating loss on my demo acc… Nothing wonder in this EA it simply opens a positon cosidering the past high and low and wait for it’s TP to fill. Anyone can do that manually without paying a lot of money for it. This EA can make profit with a high capital to backup your margin but whenever you accidently go out of free margin your account blown up. It’s like martingale lot of profit then one day BOOM. I wouldn’t use it on real account.

Thanks a lot.
I’m new here. Sorry for all the mistakes. :smiley:

Carl

I wasn’t sure how to set up Ivybot for brokers other than their “recommended” broker, ForexMeta. I sent Ivybot a support request on Sunday evening, asking how could I set up Ivybot on Forex.com and Oanda.com. I didn’t hear back from them until today, three days later. In the meantime, I’d asked the question on this forum and found out that I need to download each broker’s flavor of the MetaTrader 4 platform (thanks for the info, people).

As I said, I finally got a response from Ivybot today. Here it is:

“Please set up an account and download these broker platforms and ivybot.”

There are three things wrong with this response, in addition to it being at least 2 days late:

1. “Download these broker platforms” does not make clear that I need to download the MetaTrader 4 platform from the broker’s site.

2. “Download these broker platforms and ivybot” makes it sound like I might need to re-download Ivybot, which is not true. Or did they actually not know that I’d purchased and downloaded their own product?

3. The sentence made it sound like I could get Ivybot to run on Oanda by following these same steps. But since Oanda does not support the MetaTrader 4 platform, Ivybot will not run on Oanda. Ivybot support had admitted this in response to another support request (which I filed yesterday and got a response the same day; go figure.)

James,

How many pips of profit did Robominer make during the time that it took to leave 400 pips hanging, more than 400? As long as it builds up more pips than it leaves hanging, you are in overall profit even if you close every open trade. If you start it at a bad time, it could go pretty far down before it comes back, but given enough margin and enough time, history has shown it comes back. Robominer’s strategy is more like a long term investment than quick scalping. It backtests well, doesn’t depend on a lot of weird formulas, and is unaffected by broker stop hunting. Agree it is a bit expensive for what it does and can get pretty low if started during the wrong market conditions. Would be fairly easy to write a similiar, or maybe even better EA, with a 100 or 200 MA validation check before opening positions.

Martingale doubles position every loss, Robominer uses the same lot size every trade. Big difference.

I bought ivyflop 2 days ago…hard a hard time with tech support who kept missing the point/ignoring me/not answering me/shutting me out. Eventually the ro-butt traded today and lost $40 on a sell trade with USD/JPY…the3 very 1st trade…whats is store with real $$??

Tell them their ads are a lie and you want your money back. Now. Next time do some research before handing money over to someone on the internet :wink:

Is there contact information anywhere on this site for people wanting a refund?

First month test results.

FXDD => nymrod.mt4stats.com

BasicFX => nymrod2.mt4stats.com

Started this month.

Alpari US => nymrod3.mt4stats.com

Alpari UK => nymrod4.mt4stats.com

I may be requesting that refund sooner than I had planned on.

Nu24X

I checked how long each losing trade was open and all 3 of them closed 12 hours after the trade was opened.
The dds_delay is set to 43200 which is the number of seconds in 12 hours.

If it had stayed in the trades longer the loses would have been much greater.

Nu24X

It is sold through Clickbank which automatically guarantees a 60 day right to refund.

My refund was processed in 2 days with no response from IvyBot.

Good ol’ Clickbank. :wink:

Clickbank is good about the refunds, that’s one reason I purchased this thing.
I have seen other EAs that I would like to try out but they’re sold via Plimus or some other payment processing service I’ve never heard of and can’t find a refund policy anywhere on their website.
I wont purchase from any them due to no refund policy anywhere on their site.

Nu24X

Alert .alert.alert.alert pleaseeee // do not buy ivybot. I just believed it and had to pay my price,/ supposedly ea’s read algorithms, news inf etc etc… We alll trusted ivybot to be one of the best. Well, how would an ea would open a selling ticket when the trend is going up??? When you have a trader reading candle bar most likely would make a positive trade right? Robots would do the same or better rightttt? Well/ this pofs made me the wrong trend trades soooo i lost money… I clicked to get my refund. Up to you if you guys if want to still play their game. Feel sorry for myself that i trusted this people. See you next time forexters/

doooo noooo buyyyyy itttttttttttttttttttttt! Geeeeeet yourrrrr refundddd if youuuu alreadyyyyy diiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddd.

Starting next week I will begin testing a new trading strategy that should outperform this and many other EAs.
It’s called the Flip-A-Coin trading method, if it comes up heads go long and buy, if it’s tails go short and sell.
If the market is going against the trade close it and reverse the position, if it’s going in favor of the trade let it be and make some pips. :wink:

Nu24X

Just make sure you stick with your strategy. Write it down and don’t deviate from your plan. Maybe you could have someone turn that into an EA.

:cool::rolleyes::confused:

Attached is your first few trade to get you started.