Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

Ivybot is a trading system unlike any other. Please notice the Take Profit level for the robots is higher than any other robot in the industry. Ivybot is designed to have optimum trading entry. This means that soon enough, Ivybot will pick trades that realize their ultimate take profit level, resulting in very high returns. You may only see 1 or 2 trades a week, but when the system begins picking up excellent entry points, you will see the true ability of the system. Ivybot is a system that uses a statistical edge in trading execution and is a system that is proven to work. We now realize that QUANTITY of trading is very important to our customers. Because of this, we will make our best efforts to increase trading while remaining profitable with the next version of Ivybot. Ivybot 5.0 will be out in 2 weeks and of course, you will receive this for free.

This is what i get from their support team recently. Looks like the upgrade will take 2 weeks. Good luck waiting. Those who cant wait. Just exit ~ :rolleyes:

2009.08.09 20:40:48 IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1: open #14934637 buy 0.10 USDJPY at 97.18 tp: 98.00 ok

Is currently a few pips into profit. Looks like a good position considering the big price move Friday … waited for retrace to hopefully be over, get in for round two.

Hi forexers… After all this (2 weeks) waiting and wondering about the ivybot. Finally open a selling ( .10) position on the usdjpy. I hope that this will bring my hopes up and my believes in the robots again. I will keep you up on how this will go. My acct is a live acct with forex.com my balance $560.00 we will really see if this balance grows from here up… Later

Ditto for me. Ivybot bought within 1 pip of each other using both recommended brokers

Hello forexers, if you read my last post . It was a long waiting untill the ivybot finally opened with a sell position. Well now it is close with a small profit and ivybot just open a buy position. We’ll see what will happen with this buying position. What should we think of ivybot? One selling and one buying in less than an hour after two long weeks of waiting, seems like we may still keep it for good. Keep it post… See you people.

At this point, intraday bias in USD/JPY remains on the upside with 96.78 minor
support intact. As discussed before, the decisive break of short term falling
channel resistance indicates that fall from 101.43 has completed with three
waves down to 91.73 already. Further rise should be seen to 98.87 resistance
first and break there will confirm this case and target 101.43 high next. On
the downside, below 96.78 minor support will turn intraday outlook neutral
first and bring consolidation. But downside should be contained above 95.05
support and bring rally resumption.[actionforex]

looks like everyone’s enter the same trade. But its tp is v high. Lets cross our fingers n hope IVY did a good job entering a good one. Or we will be fried. LOL. Make it or break it …GO IVY!

Currently Downtrend:eek: did anyone set Stoploss? cos i think this trend is going deep down. it reached its peak after the NFP report came out. What do you guys think ? :cool::confused:

It then closed both trades with a 4 and 5 dollar loss and immediately opened 2 more buys at approximately the same level? :confused::confused:

Good thing these are demo accounts! :eek::eek:

Like kinetics, this trade closed for a 3 pip loss, not real smart that it didn’t lock in a few pips profit considering it was up almost 15.

2009.08.10 08:40:52 IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1: close #14934637 buy 0.10 USDJPY at 97.18 tp: 98.00 at price 97.15

36 seconds after it closed in a loss, it opened another position in the same direction.

2009.08.10 08:41:28 IVY_USD_JPY_4.9 USDJPY,H1: open #14981405 buy 0.10 USDJPY at 97.19 tp: 98.01 ok

Ivybot thinks the same parameters are in play from the first time it tried this trade so it is going for it again even though it just had a trade opened that didn’t make profit. Quick trades like this give up the spread and make the brokers money.

On a positive side, I am glad to see trades open up at the same time on different brokers, unlike some other bots that seem to be very broker specific.

how come you guys had a close and i didnt? im still in profit with the opened trades for now ~ =) yeah it worked on 2 of my broker and straight away bought it in. We are still under 4 digit brokers. So therefore it works the same way. hope for the best guys. 97.94 is hard to reach but let’s cross our fingers and wish everyone a good happy trading day…!!

Here are my trades from this morning.

BasicFX defaults settings: Lots=0.10
open 2009-08-10 03:39 :: buy :: $97.19
close 2009-08-10 15:39 :: buy :: $97.15
Loss/Gain: -4.12

open 2009-08-10 15:39 :: buy :: $97.18 currently up 10.28

BasicFX aggressive settings: Lots=0.10
open 2009-08-10 07:43 :: buy :: $97.19 currently up $16.45

Forex.com default settings: Lots=0.10
open 2009-08-10 00:39 :: buy :: $97.19
close 2009-08-10 12:39 :: buy :: $97.16
Loss/Gain: -3.09

Forex.com did not open a 2nd trade like the BasicFX account did.

I have a 5K demo acct with BasicFX and a 1.5K with MetaTrader.

I am not very experienced but I do think the TP settings are too high on all traded pairs.

With 2 different account sizes I don’t understand why the close with loss on both within seconds.

I just got this running on Thursday and am on a 30 to 40 day trial. to see just what this EA will do.

If an update comes out I will download it.

Hey guys, kinda new to forex trading (been doing it live since April, demo since January), and I’m definitely new to this forum, glad to have found you!! :smiley:

Bought IvyBot in addition to my MegaDroid (which I’m very pleased with) hoping that it would allow me to profit on more than just the one currency pair and expand my profit making potential … but I’ve run into a snag and was wondering if any of you have had the same issue.

When IvyBot is trying to place trades, I get a little “confirmation” screen pop up wanting me to click on “okay” before it places the trade. Now it doesn’t do this with my MegaDroid trades, just the IvyBot which leads me to the conclusion that it’s an IvyBot setting, as I’ve never had this issue before.

And yes, I’ve placed a support ticket regarding this issue with IvyBot but we all know that will take a while before I get a response, and I was hoping someone here could give me a quicker response. Although, with some of the responses here about the bot, not placing the trades may be a good thing … :confused:

right click on the chart and choose EA properties. on the common tab uncheck “ask manual confirmation”

Thanks, but that was the first thing I checked. I’m pretty proficient with computers and software, and this isn’t the first EA I’ve had, but it’s the first one with this problem.

I made sure from the beginning to make those changes in the Options menu for all EAs. Then I double check the settings when I initially load the EA.

And I’ve gone back and triple and quadruple checked the settings … no manual confirmations for anything have been selected and they never were.

Any other suggestions … ?? Anyone?? :confused:

currently down with -30 with yesterday’s trade. Looks like it didnt went near to 97.94, it went downwards :eek: anyone experiencing same losses?

Current price usd/jpy 96.89

I got a trade yesterday. FXM account…

USDJPY
BUY
open: 97,13
TP: 97,93
1 lot
and it closed at 97,07…

this was my first trade with IvyBot with aggressive settings (changed to aggressive last Friday), knowing that my metatrader was off for some time on last Friday.

yup. Default made a buy at 97.21 and closed at 96.96 for a loss of $103.41 for my demo account. I was watching it and it was up 100 at one time, but it held out and it took a nose dive.

same. I watched it grow and then a big fall after that. i think we gotta set our TP lower than what they gave us. default/aggressive. What do you guys think?

I think it has internal take profit that should manage it better and we should give it a chance.

Lost 33 pips total today on two trades. Pip totals are more important than money amounts as with proper money management you can make good money as long as you are making pips. If you don’t make pips, you will never make money. Better hurry up with Version 5 before the wave of clickbank refunds hit.