JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

@jawa do you think putting your system on here will have compromised it all? Just something that’s been niggling at the back of my mind, I’m hoping this system could be a long term strategy once mastered, but do you think it will be affected at all by more people trading it?

Or does anyone else have any thoughts on this as jawa is busy?

I don’t think it should be compromised at all. JAWA’s method is based on price action. Price action has been around forever and it’s arguably the most reliable method to trade, as that is what most professional traders, institutions, etc use to trade. Also as JAWA posted earlier in the thread, he has backtested for 10 years I think it was.

I’m down here in sunny Florida!

Flying Dutchman here… New York was ours, hahah ;-), so you guys all have an little bit Dutch blood in ya :wink:

I use the 1 hour chart with the 15 min for confirmation. Does any one else use this time frame? I’m wondering how my SL/TP targets should be adjusted compared to the 4Hour time frame.

Current have 8 closed trades, 7 losers 1 winner. One live pin bar and three pending inside bars.

I think ill skip Mondays moving forward. First Tuesday trade is going… time to get back into the green!

@juicypips: JoJoCal is correct, because this system uses multiple forms of entries and exits as well as the fact that price action is the most commonly traded strategy, i think it’ll be okay :slight_smile: plus this is difficult to master although simple in principle

@smacko: could you post your trades perhaps? atleast one chart? I just wanna make sure everything is being checked and all the entries are G, but thats the attitude! you really cant let strings of losses get you down, trade like a machine, accept the losses, the wins will come :smiley: I hate to say this but I myself am up for the week right now even through my terrible idea to trade on sunday :3 the only losses i have had so far were my sunday trades, two stars and two pin bars, and since i was on my mobile derping it up i didnt see one of the pin bars wasnt even valid, but other then those trades i have had quite a few positive pin bars and right now i even have open positions worth 30 pips, so i just wanna check to make sure that everything is being done properly :slight_smile:

@systemslave: I haven’t backtested those two time frames on this strategy since it was first conceived so i dont remember the best settings, I would look up some other 1 hour systems and see what they use :slight_smile:

@jawa: I’ll post the trades when I get home, at work for another 4hrs. Maybe I am being something wrong, had more losers yesterday then the whole last week.

I am a slow learner but 100% committed and will succeed!!

sigh of relief glad I wasn’t the only one having some good stuff going on…this morning’s demo trade on AUD/USD just hit first TP, and I have open buys on all four pairs going, three green, one barely red, 2 pips,…

I was fiddling with charts, trying to see if there was significant differences on server times, TF’s, etc…I have two options, one says 00:00 EST and the other says 17:00 EST, both are close times…the 00:00 time seems to best match your chart pics, SJ, on 4 hour candles, but I noticed when I changed to 1 hour TF, they were the same candles then, but they were different on 4 hour TF…I personally think the 4 hour matters for finding valid pin bars, because it determines which 1 hour candles are the 1 and 4 candles, which are the ones we look at…I have been using the 00:00 charts, but I have a question, which might be the same others have been wondering for SJ:

When you say "12 hour candle, we know you mean 12-4, but what does the chart say under that candle, does it say 12 or 4?
Because I know 5 minutes before the 4 hour candle closes, I start looking at 1 hour charts of valid pin bars, but I notice when the next 4 hour candle starts, the chart underneath has 4 hours later, but the 1 hour chart shows 3 hours behind the new 4 hour candle time…so does the time under that 4 hour candle mean that is when it closes? Also isn’t EST the same as CDT right now? So right now it’s 9:36 pm CDT (central daylight time), and it’s just under an hour and a half before the next 4 hour candle starts?

@smacko: It could just be the different candle close times but i doubt that would produce that many countering signals especially giving the nature of the signals that have happened, the movement has been pretty strong upward so far, but we’ll see, if you are trading it spot on statistically you have nothing to worry about for the rest of the week :stuck_out_tongue:

@pipcompounder: where did you find these options? on mt4? O_o i must knooooow, i have been trying so long to try to change my candles close times to 17:00 EST, that is the time most of the traders in the world use because that is the new york market close, and because most people use that data you can assume as far as predicting psychology goes it will be that much better :3

and dont worry aha, when i say the 12 oclock candle i mean the 12-4 candle, and i am 100% that it is that candle i am looking at, the times are underneath them :slight_smile: it could have been an error with you switching close times, you might need to refresh charts or open and close mt4 im not sure, and as backtesting goes that would be detrimental but like you said when you are live trading it is as easy as looking at the last 4 one hour candles :slight_smile:

i have honestly never heard of CDT, but i think it is an hour behind EST because right now its 5 till 11, and an hour before my candles close

I am using trade interceptor for iPad, for demo…I have been comparing it to forex.com’s demo app, seems the same on 00:00 setting…the 17:00 didn’t seem to have as many pin bars and the inside bars get split up…I see you raking in 10 times as much pips as anybody else’s systems, SJ, I want 1300 pips, too, a week and your candles have been showing those signals…yes one hour until another opportunity!

Edit: we are all in daylight savings time, 1 hour ahead of standard for our respective time zones

@pipcompounder: hmm… first of all i feel stupid for not being aware of daylight savings time, all my clocks change automatically and i dont notice apparently :l And hmm… to be honest i haven’t extensively checked out other time frames to see if they have the same profit potential, i’ll have to do that tomorrow, but hey it is definitely possible to get over 1,000 pips a week :smiley: I would say to just master this system and you will get that many pips a week, but honestly what would be even better would be if you do that AND master every other area of forex trading, even though i use naked charts whenever i look at them i automatically instantly see all the major S/R levels, fib percentages, MA crosses, trendlines, ranges etc. All from legitly memorizing the babypips school :l the information in there is invaluable, i guarantee anyone that takes the time to learn and master all the concepts in there can just look at a naked chart and pick trades, of course how much time that takes will vary :P… it took me atleast 100 hours, maybe a tad more, but never the less!! that is by far the best way, of course it is a huge amount of time to use :\ it feels almost like the babypips school is the manual to a game, and once you read it and play the game for a while it doesnt matter what strategy you use, you become a good player who can win in any scenario :slight_smile: thats how i look at it atleast

just had another 3 losers, on eurjpy and gbpjpy.

i will post up the trades shortly, i need to know whether i’m doing something wrong

Ha…I fell asleep literally 10 minutes before the midnight candle closed and missed big pips on three of the pairs, got full TP on previous buy on AUD/JPY, though! the others should have been sell, smacko.

@smacko: please do, i’m staying awake for them :slight_smile: we’ll figure it out!

@pipcompounder: yeah i got full tp on all pairs but GBP/JPY which had a massive downsurge spontaneously :\ right now i have a sell trade on each pair, i know its only been 20 minutes but having already started these trades -80 pips, being +40 pips on them combined right now makes me feel the market sentiment is finally there :slight_smile:

sorry for the delay… i started looking over the 1hrs for the pin bars, it looks like the indicator gave me the wrong direct for a few some of the trades… for anyone who’s reading, DO NOT base this system on my efforts, I am still learning :slight_smile:

here is GBPJPY

trade 3, the indicator said to sell, but the 1hr says buy. it would have hit half profit

I will work through the others now

@smacko: you don’t need to post all the charts aha, well hmm… My first pin bars on every chart were stopped out as well, but so far on every chart except GBP/JPY I haven’t had another loss :3 it’s just bad luck with the inside bar at the top there, I have no idea if there was a news announcement that caused that huge down move or what but I got double stopped out too :frowning:

If the indicator and the 1 hour doesn’t agree I would always go with the chart you see :slight_smile: it works accurately most of the time but there might be a kink or two that needs working if that was a mismatched signal

EDIT: could I see the 1 hour candles for one of the trades please? Just to make sure :slight_smile:

@jawa: if you don’t mind i’ll post more :slight_smile: just wanta make sure i get to the source of the problem.
i didn’t confirm the 1hr myself, i just went the direction the indicator told me, moving forward i will check myself before entering the trade.

@Jonkie76, there might be something wrong with your indicator, i will reload it and monitor every entry i get now.

unless i am reading it wrong, trade 2 was again an incorrect sell by the indicator.

here is the 1hr, the red line is going through the 4hr signal chart, we count 3 back and look if the 4th (with redline) is higher then the 1st, which it is.

@smacko: ahh well I would start trying to master finding trade direction on the 1 hour, it really isn’t that difficult :slight_smile: doesnt take more then a quick glance generally, but that is most likely where the problem is, it seems there may be a slight glitch in the indicator or on your mt4 loafing and using the indicator, but until you know for sure id just manually do it :slight_smile:

EDIT: ahh that is a common mistake :\ when you place the vertical line on the 4 hour chart then zoom in to the 1 hour chart, the data you are looking at is the vertical line and the three candles AFTER it :3 unless your mt4 is different which it might be, check what time the candle says on the 4 hour, and then when you zoom in to the 1 hour it should be the 4 hour time and the three hours after it :slight_smile: for instance if the four hour signal is 12, then the 1 hour candles contained within it ate 12-1, 1-2, 2-3, 3-4