JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

What a joke was around 260 of floating pips up on ftp trades until that last big bearish candle spiked me out on all!! Price just stopped me out and bounced off ema 10 to retrace to where my full tps were. Even though I broke even on those trades it’s still very disappointing to be up 260 pips and an hour later come away with nothing! I would be happy if I could consistently profit 260 pips in a week!
Don’t know if we need to consider a different trade management strategy (stops, targets, trailing stops?) or if it’s just crazy price action at the moment?

I’m referring to ej gj trades by the way

hey guys,
here are my trades for the latest candles (7pm GMT+1 Germany):
3 times IC

EUR/USD and USD/CAD hit SL very fast.
if you see i did something wrong, i would appreciate some advice :slight_smile:

Do not let newsitems or emotinal feeling be the one that makes your decision.
This system is fully mechanical. And it should be traded like that.
We dont give a … about news or other fundamental influences. :wink:

I know the feeling dude, but better nothing instead of a loss.
This week is just a pain in the butt… I am forward testing now for 4 weeks on just GBP/JPY, so far every week on profit, even with my huge spread of 7 pips. This last week so far on GBP/JPY I managed to get 158.4 pips. However, my spread ate it all completely away leaving me with minus 24 pips so far ;-(… But hey I dont care… because I also had a week were we made a 1000 pips on GBP/JPY.

So, yes we can give away floating cash. leaving us with nothing. Next time you think “I get out of this ballgame now”, and afterwards you do see it all comin’ to you and you did’nt get it… So… stick to the plan. It’s hard but it can be done!

greets,

Jonkie76

I have went back down to $0 profit, too, but right now all the big news is out of the way, these pairs are selling off…looks like a star on AU, and I still have some old sell stops to be triggered on inside bars on two pairs, but from here on, we should be seeing profit through the end of the week!

EDIT: I didn’t see any trades this time.

I returned to 40,40,70 rule hehehehe

I think that there is a flaw on the ATR rule, that makes the stop loss very small sometimes, and that could be a problem. The rule should check a minimum stop loss, or maybe a bigger number of periods for the ATR, not only 14 four hours periods.

The ATR’s in the Asian session is usually very low and the ATR in the Euro/US sessions are very high. Our FTP usually occur in the Euro/US session, hence I also feel the method of 40/40/70 or 40/40/80 would be good for the Yen crosses.

No new trades this time, 8:00 candle had two sell pin bars on EJ and GJ, and the new pin bars filtered out on these.

But i have a feeling the the yen pairs will be going up.

Thanks for replys jonkie and pipcoumpounder, a question, at the moment we have multiple inside bars of the original mother candle on ej gj, do we place multiple orders?

Hi everyone ! I know it already has been said somewhere but i still don’t get it… What do we treat first ? What’s the most important ? Pin bar, Star or Inside bar ?

Then if my pin bar says sell but my inside bar says buy, what do we do ?
Thank you guys !

Place them both! One direct order, and one limit order … :wink:

yes we do! Place multiple orders… and evertime one gets triggered replace the Targets.

Thank you Jonkie76 !

So if i understand correctly, if i have a first pin bar saying sell and then another one saying buy, i will put an order on the buy ? Am I right ?

(Sorry to bother with these questions… :p)

I have sold a pin bar on each pair…last EJ pin bar sell hit SL :frowning: by 3 pips.

Fundamentals have triggered SL on GJ & EJ.
Has that happened to all?

Hmm what was wrong ? I think i miss something…

On the 4 hours chart = pin bar

On the 1 hour chart = sell signal

What happened

Did i do something wrong ?

Nothing worng. I did the same too. But later stopped my trade as GBP ex auto sales has come in much better than expected which is why the huge spike upwards.
chk out
Forex Calendar: Economic Calendar for FX Trading News & Event Risk

Nothing wrong. i did the same too. But GBP ex auto sales has come out much better than expected. Hence the spike upwards.
Chk out babypips forex calendar.