JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

I have your new bot running on GBP/JPY 4 hour chart, will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

What pairs is everyone using apart from (GBP/JPY, AUD/JPY, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD), im testing the EA on EUR/USD, but just wondering what you guys think is best ?

eur/usd
nzd/usd
gbp/usd
usd/chf
eur/aud

Sandy, I watch 8 pairs. If I have a nice upward angle on the 20 ema and it’s not overbot then I have a nice long on any of these pairs. I do watch the candles. Are the candles too short, wicks too long, too volitale etc. For example, currently the gbp/usd is setting up for a short, but is the pound oversold? Let me know what you think.

Greg

Sandy,
Here is my 4 hour set up.

The EA has still a lot of bugs :S It’s better to handle at yourself :slight_smile:

Looks nice !

By the way just been running your EA on GBP/JPY 4 hour chart, no trades yet but i think its too early to say, will be running the EA 24/7 over the next week so i’ll post if there are any trades and entry times/exits profit etc.

I would also like to say if anyone does spot any bugs or issues with the EA please can they post them with as much detail as possible so they can be discussed.

I am quite a noob with EA’s and trading so my input is limited on this front, but the more we talk the more we can iron them out since we have a great developer who is willing to develop this for us all :slight_smile:

Who knows if we can iron out the bugs it could do quite well.

I cant find your exact signal candle, because 21 may at 16:00 I do not have a signal candle at all.
Please show me a screenshot of your 4 hour chart and your 1 hour candles… So I can look up the exact 1 hour candles on my chart. Please be aware that the signal candle is the one that is not the last candle on your charts, as that is the actual candle. The signal comes at the close of the previous candle…which in my case is the 12:00 and is a signal candle and says buy. (and actually made 40 pips there)

Am I trading too many pairs? If so how many would you have maximum and what pairs would those be?

Eur/Usd
Gbp/usd
Gbp/eur
Usd/jpy
Usd/chf
Aud/usd
Usd/cad
Gbp/jpy
Eur/aud
Eur/cad
Aud/cad
Aud/jpy
Usd/sgd
Gbp/aud
Gbp/nzd
Cad/jpy

Just writing that out I think I have way too many pairs on my watch list lol

@Jonkie76

On my charts a plain and valid sell signal…

And what happened:

My chart TimeZone is EST

Hi all, i trade it two days with 7 trades all good. Very good start, i decided not to take signals which are near or in strong supply demand zone on 4h, which have not logical direction. I want to ask did someone think or try to trail it after 40 pips profit. I have written some ea some time ago which can handle trades, i was thinking about jumping stoploss 40 pips after 40 pips profit. I dont know if 40 pips are enough room for the trade???

How is your performance with these pairs? Good ? Are they moving quite a bit like the strategy recommends?

@juicypipss: I used to have ten charts up and I quickly realized why it was a bad idea, first and foremost and really the only reason that matters is you only have a certain amount of money to trade with, you won’t even have enough to have a trade on each pair, so select the best charts and focus on those to out your money in :slight_smile: high volatility, low spread, get to know your charts too, you’ll start getting a feel for how the markets react to certain conditions on each chart

@aserafino: his ea was correct :slight_smile: monday was a rough day for trading as buyers refused to give sellers any ground as they awaited the G8 summit results, this have many valid signals to selling strength causing many jerking pulls upwards, I started the week -300 pips but I’ve already made that all back today :slight_smile: you just have to be patient, don’t get discouraged when the signals come

@renda1234: that sounds good :slight_smile: as long as its a MANUAL trailing stop, meaning you move it up every candle, regular trailing stops need much more room, maybe as much as 70 pips, especially this week

@sandybeach They do yes, the nzd crosses seem to have large daily pip ranges, I think I need to whittle that list down a lot though not 100% sure what’s going on with each pair!

Sithjawa, what pairs do you think give the best signals?

I had two winning trades today using SethJawa’s strategy. A short on the eur/usd and a long on the usd/chf. Attached is the usd/chf. The 4 hour indecision bar was not ideal on either trade but the 1 hour looked good.

We all know how challenging fx trading is. I’m finding that SethJawa’s strategy give me a good fighting chance at actually making a long term profit. Thanks SethJawa for sharing!

Greg Jones

The pairs I trade are on the first post, AUD/USD, AUD/JPY, GBP/JPY, EUR/ JPY, they are my favorite :smiley: the markets are similar, I’ve traded them long enough to know how they move price, and they have confluent price movement while still having different currencies involved to prevent total losses from news events, GBP/NZD, andEUR/NZD are my next favorite pairs, they by far have the largest moves and daily ranges, however their spreads are nearly double, I would suggest starting with two or three of those :slight_smile: its not like anyone has the margin to place so many trades at once (unless you have 5 accounts :smiley:)

@Greg: thanks for the encouragement :smiley: it’s great to see others benefiting from this, just make sure you adapt your sl and tp to EUR/USD and USD/CHF, they typically can’t make a full 70 pop tp :3 but what is awesome about them is their mirror confluence and low spreads :smiley:

May i please again ask if i have second trade in the same direction and the previous is already at BE i again reset its SL to the new one and lost some gained space?

@renda1234: That is how i do it, treat each trade as a new setup and let the previous trades roll up with it :slight_smile: that is of course a more aggressive way but that is how i like it (along with trading with 5% risk which most traders wouldn’t do), this will bag you large (and i mean MONSTROUS) profits during big moves, and still keep your risk small during regular trading :slight_smile: you could of course adjust it however you like, make the system your own :smiley:

I had a good week last week, but the start to this week has been shocking! Well down so far, is it right that you take every signal Sithjawa regardless of trend, s/r? Even if looking at a bullish pin bar sitting right on support but when zoomed in gives a sell signal do you take that sell?