Kiss principle trading

WED08JUL20: COCO LONG DAY CHART: S/O -1u :frowning:
6days ago I posted “Coco waiting to buy”. So yesterday I entered long after what it looked like a Day Hammer formed near the 61.8%. I was planning on waiting a bit more, but I went in. It is in my nature “I rather be in it to win it” than “regreat I missed out” kind of situation.

Anyway, read the post of 6 days ago to see the technicals behind it…

POST TRADE NOTE: I am not happy with my analysis on this instrument. I have sidetracked from the “inner trend line break” and RSI Div approach I have been using. I made one of my “rookie mistakes” here…
But it is too late to jump out, just let it takes us out… :frowning:

WED08JUL20: INACTIVE INSTRUMENTS
These are the instruments where I do not have a trade in at the moment, “staying out” for now.

AUD/USD: STAYING OUT
EUR/JPY: STAYING OUT
EUR/USD: STAYING OUT
UK100: STAYING OUT
US500: STAYING OUT

SOY WAITING TO BUY
After a nice rally on the soy and a +3u profit :slight_smile: (bragging here lol), I took the profits after the Day Hammer was formed. In the past I would’ve “exit and reverse” right here, but I am not trading against the trend without my rules being met (which I will be writing about probably towards end of this week once I have completed phase 1 of my reno, according to my boss …the wife… then we will have a pause finally! I can get back to my geek work…) :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am ready and waiting for Soy to come down to the “blue box” marked by “B” at the 61.8-78.6 fib levels of the current up trend.

WED08JUL20: EUR/JPY LONG: S/O @B/E
This cross has been in a new up trend (at least so far), and I have been waiting to jump back in long for a few days. So, today it retraced to a Fib 50 / Fib 61.8 and broke its inner down trend line with a bull candle completed on the other side (buy zone),
So I am now long on this cross

WED08JUL20: GBP/JPY LONG: S/O @B/E
On the 30th June, this cross “crossed” into the “Buy Zone” by breaking this recent down inner trend line (DAY CHART)

Since then, after a few premature stop outs, I finally managed to find an intraday entry in the up trend direction (2H CHART)

1 Like

FRI10JUL20: AUD/USD SHORT 4H CHAR S/O@B/ET
Taking the short on this one based on 4h RSI Div and break of trend line. One can argue my placement of this trend line, but since the last high is forming a tweezer top with the previous high, I am drawing my tl as shown…giving me the indication that it has been broken
as usual we also have some bear candles signals…

FRI10JUL20: GBP/JPY SHORT 2H-4H CHARTS: S/O @+1u :slight_smile:
I have screened the 2h chart but this is also true for the 4h chart. On the former we have a nice Evening Star whilst a bear Engulfing in the latter. But the usual trigger here is the “textbook confirmed RSI divergence”. As per the textbook, a confirmed RSI divergence happens when the 2nd peak is lower than the first peak along side of the price highs, that is the price is making higher highs but the RSI is failing to do so, THEN, once the RSI lowest low between those two points is taken out, the RSI divergence is confirmed.

Here I have marked the first component of the divergence in “Red” and the break of the through in “blue”…

I don’t usually wait for the break of the through to trade the RSI divergence, instead I use a break of trend line PLUS candlestick signals to give me the entry, which happens to be usually earlier.

FRI10JUL20: SOY SHORT DAY/4H CHARTS: Closed @+1u :slight_smile:
I know, I have been waiting to re-enter long on the soy uptrend, however, that is if I only trade the Day Chart, which is what I tend to do in the commodities and indices, but I couldn’t resist the signals here.

The Day chart, has formed a double top and a pair of nice tweezer tops (with a doji and shooting star type of candle), plus the 4h chart is showing a nice divergence and break of the recent up trend line…

All in all, I thought the price was nice but I am still placing my stop above the 127% extension just in case, although I got to say that if this instrument closes above the TTs I would need to close this trade.

Wait and see…

FRI10JUL20: COCO LONG 4H CHART: S/O -0.5u :frowning:
Once again, I am going long with Coco, but this time it has broken the short term inner down trend line in the 4h chart plus is shown a confirmed RSI divergence (see pic)

wait and see…

MON13JUL20: EUR/USD SHORT S/O @-1u :frowning:

MON13JUL20: AUD/USD SHORT: Closed @+1u

MON13JUL20: GBP/JPY SHORT: Closed @+1u :slight_smile:

TUE14JUL20: SOY LONG: S/L @B/E
Buying the 61.8% fib in the direction of the current trend. The only not so good thing is that I am buying just the 61.8% without any candle confirmation.
So wait and see

WED15JUL20: GBP/JPY SHORT: Closed @+1u (+50pips) :slight_smile:

POST TRADE NOTE: I had the chance to Exit & Reverse this trade, since it formed a RSI Positive Divergence in the 4h chart with a bull candle in the 2h chart. I only closed it.

Now in the next trade, I ended up paying a lot more for it! Hesitation was my doom…

THU16JUL20: AUD/USD 30m WAITING FOR ANOTHER SHORT… Didn’t realise
A few years ago, I used to only trade the GBP/JPY 30m chart and it was enough to make me a nice income. Then the Brexit happened, and it distorted everything. Since then I had to start looking for other timeframes and crosses/instruments.

But, I like the 30m due to its quick profits pick up…albeit the amount of losing trades.

So, I have been practicing the 30min trading on the AUD/USD. From last night to this morning I picked up a nice profit. Shown on the first and second “S” arrows.

Although the actual targets for these two trades were sitting potentially around the “green box” I am happing getting 1.5x per trade. Which means I need to win min 40% of the time to break even. But where possible I have taken the 2x increasing my odds.

The trading method for the 30min is VERY SIMPLE…SUPER KISS!

I will share it soon. I have been meaning to put something together for a while but It is not easy to put in paper all what is in my head! :slight_smile:

In this screen shot, I am waiting for another short if and when the AU hits the pink 61.8% or 78.6% fib level and forms a bear candle.

At this stage I am placing my S/L at the Last Low (if trading the 61.8%) OR above the candles signals (if trading the 78.6%).

My targets are the Fib 127% (if I had entered using this method), like it was in the second “S” arrow and like it will potentially be in the 3rd “S” arrow…

Wait and see…

FRI17JUL20:

GBP/JPY LONG (4h Chart) S/O -0.5u
Based on the Positive Div and “just break” of the Inner Down Trend Line. (see my note above for a much better entry last night!)

AUD/USD LONG (30m Chart) +1u:slight_smile: As mentioned, attempting to place some of the 30m practice trades. I might dump this if it is too hard to do. I do NOT sit in front of the computer for hours. I only do so in the mornings between 9:00-11:00 am tops! So trading the 30 min it might prove very challenging. since I rather enjoy my day outdoors!

But, If I catch one I will and seek for a quick 2:1 or Fib127% tp

are you still posting signals including the sl,entry,tp? :pray:

hi woods, its a bit daunting to try to keep up and placing the actual entry prices, s/l and tps
What I do is show u the chart and my S/L sits always at the last low (or high if selling) of the recents swings (usually shown in red line) and my tps are variablle, as i explained a few posts above

basically if I have entered using Fib the tp will be at the 127% ext, if I didnt use fib for the trade then I just continue in the trade until the opposing signal shows up

but i do try to update when i moved my s/l to b/e or keep trailing it to say +1u (which basically means I moved it the same amount of pips or $ that it costed me)

example if a trade costed me 50pips or say 2% of my bank then I will move it to b/e when it has moved +50pips or +2% of my bank, etc…there after I use the last new lows as my new stop loss price…

hope this helps

good luck

FRI17JUL20: COFFEE LONG Keeping an eye on this one…

Buy @ 97.35
S/L @ 92.35
TP @ 105.40
Coffee, coffee, coffee, my arch-enemy…I am yet so stubborn, I cant just be happy with making $$ in Coco which has been very nice to me… I have to make it in Coffee…

It has formed divergence, bull candles, it has broken the down trend line (a few days back) and even in the 4h chart is has broken the most recent down trend line of what appeared to have been a “retracement”…

So, I am hoping to keep buying coffee…

S/L is at last Low (bottom of the down trend)
TP is open at the moment, but I placed it at 5x
Trade costed me 50 points…

wait and see!

FRI17JUL20: AUD/USD LONG: S/o -1u :frowning:

Day Chart: Rising Wedge. Typically, this formation is a “continuation pattern”. However, although rare, when it shows up at the top of a long up trend (case in point with the AUD/USD), it is a “Bearish Pattern” nevertheless, and it typically takes 1month up to no more than 3months to form.
This RW has been going on for exactly 1month…

4h Chart: Also showing it is in a new short term down trend.

The key here is, if I am right, to not be stopped out. In order to buy more lots, I have entered two trades, and placed my stops using the 4h chart and the Day chart as a guide.

Wait and see…