Learn To Trade - Greg Secker Workshop - Smart Charts - Capital Index

@Yuya006 Hi, how were you able to get a refund? You said you’ll revert your complaint, so im assuming you got your refund, before the complaint reached the LTT. I would like to know how you did it, thank you.

@Yamnjack hello, did you get your refund? How did you send everything back to them? Im also planning on doing that. I have been sending them cancellation emails as well.

@Yamnjack how did you get them to answer your emails? They’re super slow in replying to my emails and I think they’re doing it deliberately until it’s beyond 5 days already, I don’t know… what about the remaining balance, they didn’t ask you to pay the full amount?

@jjjillav hello, did you request for cancellation and refund as well? How did it go?

@Mcarbd hello, how did it go with LTT? Did you get a refund? What happened with the remaining balance, they did ask you to pay the full amount?

In some jurisdictions consumer protection laws allow a “cooling off” period. Within this the client can cancel any contracts entered into, they do not need to prove any fault on the firm’s behalf, they just say I don’t want to proceed. This applies to some services here in the UK for example. Maybe it happened in this case too.

Of course cancellation within the cooling off period is not proof the firm did anything dishonest.

@Yamnjack what email did you use? I have been emailing them but i think it’s being ignored.

Hi i recently attended their free seminar and I initially deposited my P10k last oct 21, however i did not see this post nor the link in reddit prior to depositing and now I would like to have a refund as well, my concern was that after depositing 10k they sent me thru email an enrolment form with the terms and conditions but I did not sign it, however it was indicated in the email that “…in the event that we failed to received the accomplished enrolment form, you will be deemed to have automatically accepted the term and conditons…” note that it was indicated in the T&Cs that I need to make a written request 5 days from that payment date inorder to get a refund, Can anyone help if there’s still a chance I can get my P10k back? And if there is how? Thank you so much in advance for helping

Check the local laws relevant to protection for consumers and relevant to sales claims and advertising and contracts. Check their T&C’s for circumstances under which they would offer a refund or partial refund.

No firm is going to be happy with a consumer who pays a deposit and then does not take up the service agreed to. That’s what deposits are supposed to prevent.

But you might find that if you argue enough they will make a refund even if they have done nothing wrong, simply to preserve goodwill and so that they can get on with their real business with real customers.

Sorry I am a newbie too, but this doesn’t seem a fair refund policy. Even if you open a box and get a look into the secrets…there must be a refund on something you are not happy with. But you need to prove that you havent received the service you expected. I think these rules apply to UK residents. Or look for Consumer Rights pages in your country! That quoted refund statement is hidious!

I would welcome details from a dissatisfied customer to tell us what they were unhappy about. If a firm sells something that is unfit for purpose, they must provide a refund. The worst I have ever heard about this firm is that their products are very expensive. So far I have never heard that they trained someone in a trading strategy that could not work.

There is a Lifestyle Trader Event tomorrow in London, and I know what to expect, and also the sales part (which I absolutely hate).

Now I have the conclusion not to go because I have no spare £1300 pounds now to invest in something that has ridiculous refund policy and stating the robot will do everything-scam. Obviously the market is closed at the weekend, so no chance to live trading.

I am rather interested in trading courses or school, where I can learn in a group how to trade, a course for beginners. No BS marketing/sales, that I hate. Do you think there is such thing? Can you suggest one?

Also, I am sure on babypips I can learn many things, but still missing the personal guidance. Do you think the education material here is a good start? And also how would you continue after that?

Many thanks for any help! I do believe forums are very useful in solving problems.

Can’t really say anything about the Babypips course - I haven’t done it but I have heard its well recommended by people who post here and seem to know what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Thanks I start there and will be back with questions :smiley:

Hi were you able to hear from dissatisfied LTT customer who actually pushed through with their training seminars? I just want to know if somehow their trainings can help you learn.

Learning Forex is FREE, i enrolled in LTT Philippines last march, and now i realized that their marketing Strategy was so good but not the Trading Strategy. After the 3days workshop, they will send you a link to their 30mins Webinar with their “Coach” Free for 1 month and they will analyze the forex Market for you. But its better to watch in youtube Forex Forecast rather than wasting your time this coaches I still have the 16Gb USB Stick that (contains their SECRET STRATEGY) comes along when you pay P85,000 FEE. For SMARTCHART…($89 /mo = P4,300/mo Philippines) its only Combination of different Indicators which you can Download for free in Google and different sites.By the way, on the 1st day of Workshop they will encourage you to purchase this SMARTCHART because they will use it on the 2nd day of the workshop. There are better Forex workshop online so avoid this type of institution that offers monthly fee specially if you have a small account. A1 TRADING, THE TRADING CHANNEL and TRANSPARENTFX. You can Learn a lot from this people and they give free analysis and lesson in Youtube. LEARN TO TRADE Workshop for P85,000 ?? Better think twice my friend .

1 Like

You will just regret it.

Greg Secker and Learn to Trade are currently being investigated for civil and criminal offences relating to fraud/unfair trading, the latter regulations providing remedies for those ‘duped’ into signing up for and paying thousands of pounds. To get your money back, through rescinding the contract, requires you to notify the authorities within 90 days. Outside that period, you would be entitled to a ‘discount’ of the amount you paid.
If any of you have signed up for his courses in this manner, please let me know.
There is currently a class action being considered in Australia by Frank Law law firm and if you have paid money into an Australian bank of account of Learn to Trade, please go onto their website and provide your details on their class action page.

The cancellation of the original contract unfortunately only applies to those who purchased his courses in the UK. Australia probably has similar consumer protection regulations so you will need to check on your own countries regulations if from South Africa or Phillipines.