Leg0nd's System 13 Trade Journal

Trade Result: +33 pips

GN is going to Short tomorrow, Price looks good so I entered at 1.9443 Stop loss at 1.952

Great start to the week, Looking forward to tomorrow. Happy trading

Made a stupid mistake last night interpreting the data. It’s a little upsetting, and I forgot to actually put my stop on so GN is murdering me. I need to be more diligent each night. I’m glad I am making some of these dumb mistakes now rather than with the 2k…

Anyways, will be back later. Hopefully I get a decent trade tonight

Yeo legend what ever happened to
Moneynvrsleeps !!!

He vanished !!! :0

idk mate. its been a while since I heard from him.

Todays trade:

EU SHORT with a stop at 1.3645 and an entry at 1.3602

Scalped very successfully friday but spread took out my stop right at close. set up a limit order for 1.36 short and it got hit at 1.35978 just a minute ago. I’m Still very convinced of a short for EU today. Going to put my stop at 1.363.

Be back later with an update.

I have a question for you man- do you get a signal every single day from your system?
I sometimes pop in and check out your journal here, and it seems like your strategy has you VERY active in markets which in the past month haven’t really been conducive to ANY strategy, and are just coming alive.

Jake

Little bit confused by your last statement. I download the previous days worth of D1 data to predict the very next day. 1 day of data = 1 day signal. I can place 5 trades a week (1 per day) per pair just using the current setup. Once I really really really get the hang of days I will also get week signals, month signals etc. maybe even go as low as 4 hour signals. But Right now I still probably have a few months of studying to really nail down exactly what I need to use to determine my signal. I already know the key players but I am still missing a few small pieces. Or rather I haven’t fully determined if what i have is enough or if I need a few more unique calcs etc.

Anyhow My EU trade was off by .5 pips? I’m still in and I still have a great sell signal. Definitely better than the one I got friday. It appears that each minute (friday and saturday) I am getting a reading of only 38k invested per minute which is very low. Means market has very very low volatility (lowest I have seen so far)… So I expect EU to pick up today and hopefully drop some 10’s of pips. Will see. I stayed in my short trade with the same stop. Happy trading. Be back tomorrow with an update

I was just questioning the frequency @ which your not-fully developed strategy was providing signals.
June was a rough month for most traders, and to be getting a signal every day just seemed odd to me given the market environment. That’s all.

Keep it up man :slight_smile:

Jake

Hi. Excuse my ignorance on this, but can you tell me more (maybe in my journal if you dont want to clutter yours) about how much is invested per minute, or total buy and total sell per minute etc. where are you getting that from, and how do you therefore know if the low volatility is due to low transaction rates of if it was just a case of buying and selling more closely balancing each other?
Mostly I’d be interested for $US/yen, Cheers

Hey man, sorry I been really busy and lazy about posting. On the bright side I took 130 pips last week. Caught all of that beautiful sell in EU and got a nice short on Friday in AJ.

To address your questions… My entire system is built off a few simple formulas I use to calculate various (what i think is important) information about the market not found elsewhere.

It all starts with volume. According to Investopedia, Volume= The number of shares or contracts traded in a security or an entire market during a given period of time. It is simply the amount of shares that trade hands from sellers to buyers as a measure of activity. If a buyer of a stock purchases 100 shares from a seller, then the volume for that period increases by 100 shares based on that transaction.

We can all agree with this when it comes to the stock market am I right? The belief in the currency market is that there is no centralized exchange and volume is measured in ticks. I decided I wanted to figure out what the real volume was mathematically so I did a few studies on 5 second charts and developed an equation based of my research. I guess you could say I have as close to what mathematicians call proofs as I could to prove the legitimacy of my equation. Long story short that’s how I came up with 1/price x movement in pips = real net volume equation… (1 unit of volume = 100,000 units transacted in the currency market I believe… or 1 standard lot) I have no proof for the previous statement, I simply used logic and a smart scientific guess because their is nothing on the internet on such a topic.

So using my volume equation First I found the real net volume between open and close on a 1 minute candle… then I multiplied that volume by $100,000 to get the net amount of money invested in that 1 minute. After collecting each minute and the amount of money invested I averaged the results from each minute and thats how i got that $44,000 average net invested per minute the other day. The average amount of money it took to move the market 1 pip during that day is roughly around $78,000 in the EU. I use these figures and some other ones to get a good judgment on volatility.

As far as buying and selling transactions canceling each other out more evenly etc… I do have those calculations as well all because of that volume equation. I figured out how much money longed each minute, and how much money sold each minute, what the net was, at what rate the money canceled out etc.Those where a little more difficult to calculate but I got them. Maybe sometime you would like to see my spreadsheet, It would blow your mind exactly how much information I was able to derive from just open close high low and volume that oanda gives me. I still like where I am from page 14 on this journal, that sumb and sums calcs are definitely legit. I also added average buy and sell 1 minute pip averages this past week to my sheet. I think it also has some volatility implications as well.

Anyhow feel free to private message me blue and i can go into more depth and send you the sheet if you are curious. I can pull any currency including gold, silver, and any yen pair you like.

Ok onto today. I longed EU going into the weekend. I got nervous and got in at a terrible price, but I should still be fine. 1.3523 was my entry with a stop at 1.3490 (almost got hit by .4 pips). Be back at open with an update.

I’m still working on stops but I closed out of my weekend long for 10 pips profit. Nice. Went over the Euro data for tomorrow. I project a Euro Short tomorrow. Volatility seems to be rising.

EU Short entered @ 1.3534 stop for now 1.36 be back tomorrow with an update.

I’m glad I have been trading quite well over the past week and into this week. Already in the green. Up 14 pips in EU at the moment. Depending on what happens over the rest of the day and what the data suggest… I will either be carrying this position into tomorrow or buying later on tonight. Will be back with an update. Hope everyone else is bagging some pips as well.

Didn’t trade last night after a 40 pip loss in EU yesterday. So far I am down roughly 20 pips for the week. Pulled the data today for AU and it appears AU should end up short for the day. Going to place my limit at .9440 with a stop at .9465. Be back later with an update.

Some crazy action going on in AU at the moment. I got in a pretty good price right before this nice drop its going through at the moment.

Entered AU Short at .9455 Stop loss at .947

be back later with an update

Have been sorta secretive on a few trades lately. Had a major research session last weekend. Gathered a lot of EU data, analyzed it and repaired a few fundamental flaws I discovered last weekend. So far so good, seems like I am on the right track.

Anyhow currently I am in an EU short and an AU Short. Shorted EU at 1.3459 and shorted AU at .9403. Hopefully if all goes well I can continue to hold these trades over the course of the next few days.

Currently up roughly 47 pips or so in EU and about 20 pips in AU. Will be back tonight with an update. Happy trading.

Fell asleep last night before posting the update. I did pull the data and got another sell signal for both EU and AU so I held both positions…

Currently im up roughly 180 pips. Still holding until I get another signal tonight. Happy trading. Will be back with an update.

Forgot to post again last night :confused:

Anyhow. I pulled all the data for EU and AU. AU I got a short so I held the position. EU I got a long so I closed out of my position taking +60 pips.

Currently my AU trade is up +100 pips and my EU trade is down -8 pips. Be back later with an update

Might be wrong on the EU signal today. not a problem though, only down 8 pips and I can learn from today and apply it towards the future. Since there are about 32 different combinations I can trade, All I can do is study and memorize to the best of my ability. Anyhow, AU is up about 105 pips or so. EU down 8. Already looking likely for another sell signal in EU, but I won’t know for certain until later. Be back with the trade for tonight. Happy trading

Looking like my EU long today didn’t work out as planned. But there is still time left so I won’t know until the day ends. Anyhow. I did pull the data early which risks my signal legitimacy… however, I still am taking these two trades. I can afford to lose a combined 70 pips worst case scenario considering how many pips i took today.

Trade result: AU +110.5 pips
EU… Still in

Now onto tomorrows trades. AU appears to be giving me a very nice long signal confirmed using 1m and 1hr data. EU is a little trickier but I am confident in a long as well. That being said I left my EU trade open and put my stop at 1.336. AU I longed at .9292 with a stop at .926. Be back in the am with an update.

Trades are doing very nice. I watched price for several hours last night before falling asleep and was pleased my stops didn’t get taken out.

Currently: AU +24 pips
EU + 29 pips

I’m going to pull data for Sunday before today’s close. Hopefully I can hold these positions over the weekend.