Leg0nd's System 13 Trade Journal

Long time no update. To be honest It’s just been difficult trading my macro account. Fortunately an opportunity presented itself, so I should finally be able to start slowly funding my account by the end of this month or sometime in February! Very exciting. Currently I am still trading but have taken a break from my system 14. Right now I’m taking a semi longtermish approach.

The first trade I took at the end of last year on December 31st. According to Oanda I entered at around 12:30 p.m eastern time. I Short USD/JPY on some news that came out. Basically I read a report about how the police in New York City where handling crime because of the bs the mayor pulled. Basically, arrests in NYC have fallen by 66%, traffic violations by 94%, and other violations by like 96%. After reading this, I was under the impression that this situation is far from over and that the riots and anti police movement is still going to escalate further. So, with that in mind I saw a future devaluation in the USD, so as a result I shorted U/J.

I have been in this trade for roughly 10 days now and have seen my account fluctuate from +160 pips to -100 pips. This trade I had in mind a 2:1 Risk to Reward Ratio and my original stop was at 122 or so. I entered at 119.78, so with that in mind I have a take profit at 115.34. Although I have seen my account go from positive to negative, for the majority of the time my trade has almost always been green minus the first few days. Currently I’m in profit at +125 pips. My goal with this trade is to hold until the trade clears or get stopped out. I refuse to close the trade early and would rather lose than take anything less than 2:1. If I am 10 - 20 pips from my take profit I may exit but I’m really trying to test this new theory I have I read up on a lil while ago posted by one of our FX Honorary members Meuhua if I remember correctly.

Now onto my Second trade. I entered EUR/USD Long last night because I was really surprised to see it had come back down to 117.50 or so. It’s been over a year since it has hit that price if I recall correctly. This seems like a perfect time to buy EUR/USD. Not to mention it lines up with my future decline of the USD I am already profiting from. EU on the otherhand, instead of a 2:1 Risk to Reward Ratio, I decided to go 3:1. Higher probability of the trade hitting take profit over the long term if I continue to trade this particular style. The whole point of this new style of trading is not news based. Rather its random entry and direction (although I do kinda like to try to pick the more logical direction based off a little news), so pretty much its kinda like guessing. However guessing is irrelevant if I continue to trade the exact same ratios after these trades win or lose with roughly the same stop and take profit sizes. Long term I have a higher potential to continuously take more profit than loss assuming I risk correctly. Now back to EU…

EU I entered long at 1.18066 and am currently up +30 pips. My stop loss is located at 1.17 and my take profit is located at 1.22. Much like UJ, trade length is totally irrelevant and I refuse to exit, rather I want to get stopped out or hit my take profit. Hopefully these trades clear in by the end of the month but there is no guarantee. In the meantime, I don’t mind I feel as if my new approach is less risky and I like being in trades for days to weeks and be in the green. It’s hard to lose money if your account is always growing and you do not enter new trades until you have profited or lost from the current ones. Will be back periodically with an update, although it may not be every day since it’s not entirely necessary. I do intend on hopefully posting some charts of what the setup looks like.

I woke up to 1200 + pips this morning. Holy Sh-t. I still have been trading my Macro Account and my trades are doing great. Got stopped out of my EU Trade, but My UJ trade is up 285 pips and climbing.

So, I have been trading a $100 account for a less than a week ago. Basically it was a gift from a friend. When I first got the account I had seven to ten trades open and since then I have been managing them. Cutting the losses to the best of my ability and holding onto the good trades for my long term approach. Of the trades that where open was the USD/CHF trade…
Apparently it was shorted at 1.01196. Woke up this morning and saw 1232 pips profit and got the hell out lol. What a thrilling day! Even though it was only a 500 unit trade, I manage to take $70 xD. All the other losses taken into account, I manage to take this $104 account up to $144, with some trades still open. If I had a much larger account, it would have been beneficial to hold the USD/CHF trade to make hella interest on the carry. But the thought didn’t hit me until After I had closed it :frowning:

Anyhow, now that I am trading actual dollars, I’m going to start posting and updating my journal more often. Happy trading.

Hey dude, congrats on the ONE TWO THREE TWO pips, that’s one for the history books :wink:

Reading inbetween the lines in some of your recent posts what i’m seeing is that “it can be damned hard to trade a good system”. It’s easy to get caught up in a lot of BS but in the end it seems to come down to doing what works best for you, simple but not simple huh lol.

Long time no talk man. Hope all is well with ya. I still love my original system that this journal was founded upon. However, I’m still collecting new days of data as time moves forward. It was neat to see the crash in the USD/CHF was indeed predicted from my system, however I didn’t pull the data for that trade. I have evolved how I desire to trade my algorithmic system by not trading it every night anymore, rather I only will take trades off it based of certain circumstantial outputs from the algorithms. These particular number sets I am looking for are sporadic and are not always prevalent in the market. I have come to realize I need to be extremely accurate with my system in order to make a consistent profit, So I only now trade number sets I am very confident in. And based on my style, it is a very high risk system regardless of whether I scale down order size or whatnot. I’m borderline risking 100 pips every time I place a trade just to make whatever the market throws at me in a single day or whatever. As a result of this, I do not trade system 14 as often anymore (although I do believe in her power, she is a very powerful edge if used wisely), and I have developed a long/longer term approach to trading.

I’m not really all the sure how to trade long term to be honest, I don’t use any indicators or anything of that nature. All I’m doing is picking what I believe are good prices and a buy and hold or sell and hold until I am happy with the new price. I do use stops, and I am trying to actively use correct RR with somewhat appropriate take profits. Currently, all I know is that I am very biased short against the USD. Whatever bs news the us government comes out with is irrelevant to me. I’m basing my judgment on I guess you could say price action. My long term approach right now is simply buy everything not USD, short USD. But I’m trying to get the timing as good as I can as well. EUR/USD for example. I would love to buy her, she is amazingly cheap right now, but she just continues to sell. When I get confident she is at the right price… and my NU, and AU trades are doing really well, I will buy EUR/USD and will hold her for a while.

Right now though, surprisingly enough, I don’t trade EN or GN (going to hold off from them for a while) and instead my new favorite pair at this time is UJ (USD/JPY). The UJ trade I have been in for about 18 days now is doing really well and is acting pretty stable. I’m up over 200 pips and was up over 300 on Thursday. I remember when the pair was at parity and how far up she has come. Something about this particular pair soothes me and makes me happy. Anyhow I will be back tomorrow with some updates. I think I am going to link my account to myfxbook as well.

Hello guys, I’m back with a new trade. I recently closed out of my positions with some reasonable loss and have decided to place a new trade today. I pulled my data a little early, and I due intend on checking again at midnight… but I decided to trade system 13 tonight. I got a nice looking signal on AJ, with a nice stop!

I got a long signal for today.

Entered at 96.929
Stop at 96.6

Will post again if anything changes at midnight, if not I am holding my position until tomorrow at midnight

Already up a couple pips.

Ended up taking a -20 pip loss last night in AJ. Tried to post the the trade ended up being a sell but for some reason baby pips was loading so I ended up going to sleep before the update.

However, the midnight signal I got for AU looked great to sell so

I entered short at .820
with a stop at .83.

Currently up +45 pips at this point in time. Will be back at close. Tomorrow is most likely going to be a great day for volatility.

Closed out of my AU trade for +142 pips. be back in about 15 with tonight’s new trade.

Pulled the data few mins early. Hopefully I am straight. Anyhow, the best trade tonight going into ECB is going to be UJ. Got a UJ long so…

I entered at 118.01

with a stop at 117

Will be back in the AM with an update. Happy trading!

Looks like UJ fooled me a little. Thought she wasn’t going to be a high draw down kinda day. Now I know not to trade this number set I traded last night. Oh well.

Still in the trade though and am only down ~-15 pips. No big deal especially after yesterday’s 140 pips gain in AU. Based of current price action, I do still expect UJ to end up long for the day.

Be back later tonight with an update and hopefully a new trade.

UJ trade is doing nice.

Currently up 55 pips. Pulled the data and UJ looks good to hold for tomorrow. Going to keep the same stop. She going to continue to climb higher tomorrow according to my data. Also put in a Long order in EU at 1.1250 with a stop at 1.12. Will see what happens.

Be back in the Am with an update. Happy trading!

Actually ended up going ahead and shorting EU as well. Put about a 50 pips stop on her and entered at 1.1320

I’m looking to get out to go long around 1.1250 but I have a few price alerts set on my phone so I can wake up and watch if she hits close to those levels. Depending on how price reacts I might try to get in long at an even better price than 1.125.

Be back in the am, happy trading!

Trade results:

EU +120 pips
UJ (Still holding) -25 pips

Decided not to long price at 1.125 , instead I just held the short position. Still holding UJ, going to see what happens around close today.

Lost 35 pips on the UJ trade but longed last night for today. Currently up 70 pips. Will see what happens at close today

Closed out of my UJ position last night with 45 pips profit. Did not enter a trade last night but I did pull the data for UJ this morning and found a good entry price to go long. I do expect UJ to end up short today, but I noticed a short term long position. I just entered at 117.466 with a stop at 117.30. I’m looking to make between 30-50 pips. I’m going to try to exit the trade around 117.7.

Be back later with the result and hopefully a new trade tonight

Just closed out of my UJ long position for 35 pips.

So far I’m up 80 pips for the week with 2 wins 0 losses. Nice

Will be back tonight with a new trade I hope. Happy trading!

Just got a beautiful signal from NU for today. Looking for at least 100 pips on this trade, but we’ll see in the morning.

Entered Long at .74482

Stop at .738

Happy trading!

NU trade is doing good. Only up 6 pips right now but I have suffered borderline no draw down throughout the entire life of the trade thus far. Definitely was a good signal. I expect NU to pop up at some point today. We’ll see what happens.

Will post a new update tonight, happy trading!

Got stopped out on NU the other day. Lost like 60 pips I believe. Unfortunately my laptop with all my trading spreadsheets/systems/data will not turn on so I am without currently. Have been shorting NU and EU all week very successfully. If I decide to hold a trade for longer than a day, If I am in profit, now I close out of half the position to book the profits. So far this has greatly increased my profitability and reduced my losses.

Been in an EU short for almost 3 days now, and am currently down 20 pips.

I have two NU shorts open with the top trade up 120 pips and the bottom trade up 30 pips. Hopefully my EU trade clears positive today, if not I will close out of EU with a small loss before market close today and I will book all my NU profits. Fortunately I have a backup pc I will be able to use until I can purchase an inexpensive trading laptop in a few weeks. Later on today I am going to recreate my excel sheet based off memory and test a new modification on the system as well. Be back later, Happy trading!

Finally remembered my password so I can log in on my phone!

I am very happy thus far with my trading from last week minus that EU and NU trade I lost at the beginning of the week. Which really shouldn’t matter cuz I netted positive pips for the week by at least 100 if not 200. Now all I gotta do is stick with my new risk management plan and I am golden!

I got stopped out in both my NU trades.

My top trade I took +110 pips and my bottom trade +10 pips.

Despite my original goal to close my EU trade, I decide to hold the trade as well as enter a short position in GU. Due to spread I am down 15 pips in both which was expected, however I am really happy with the levels I am in at.

My GU stop is located at 1.5105 and my entry was 1.50608.
My EU stop I moved back to 1.14 as I see EU as my more longer term trade. As soon as I am green in EU and at midnight on that trading day, I will close half the position as well.

Have a great weekend! May next week be prosperous!

Got stopped out of GU, also just closed my short position in EU and just longed it. So I lost 95 pips today. According to my new spread sheet I expect EU to hit 1.13317 by close. I entered long at 1.3104. 1.1280.

Will be back by close with an update.