Let's swing trade

This is to show how I swing Trade. It is no financial advice since I’m not a certified financial adviser/consultant. Follow me at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for your loss (if and when it comes).

I start.

1 Like

The instruction is… I star? I mean… should I purchase the premium version to unlock the rest? lol

1 Like

Yes, traders should always conduct thorough research, exercise caution, and understand that they bear the sole responsibility for any potential losses incurred.

lol…
Nothing to purchase. Questions can be asked, constructive criticism will not earn you a ban… :rofl:
Just having fun making money is the essence of the thread.

My concept is centred around TRADING KEY STRUCTURE HIGHS AND LOWS. It is a mix of many other concepts I’ve learnt over the 20+ years of trading the market…majorly currencies.
The KSH/KSL are the previous period highs and Lows
The Previous Year High/Low…(Viewed on the weekly timeframe)
The Previous Month High/Low…(Viewed on the Daily timeframe)
The Previous Week High/Low…(Viewed on the 4hr timeframe)
The Previous Day High/Low…(Viewed on the 1hr timeframe)
The The Previous Sessions High/Low…(Viewed on the 15m timeframe).

My major cue or trigger is limited to the first 3, and I call them the Main Time Frame (MTF), while others are involved in the set-ups I look for, and making entries.

Starting with the weekly time frame, we this:

Then on the daily (to show the PMH/PML), we have this:

Then on the 4hr (to show the PWH/PWL), we have this:

This is step 1 of setting up your chart

Now that the Key structure highs and lows are drawn, we have our trading range for each time period.
Once price is at the KSH/KSL, we expect 3 possibilities or say 4 whenever price is at the KSH/KSL.
See diagram below

The probabilities are now limited to 4 events and a set-up for each of these 4 events reduces the guess work and gives you a chance of a better strike rate.
This what gives me a winning edge.
I’ll go through each possibilities in the posts to come- stating the set-up(s) for each, show past examples and present set-ups in the making.

Price may also decide to remain-consolidating or trending within a range…This also has it’s way/set-up of being traded.

The ‘12cw’ refers to the 12 candle window as termed by Stacey Burke ( a highly experienced and well respected successful day trader). Michael of ICT(another respected trader) calls it the Kill zone.
This just refers to the first 3 hours of a trading session…The Asian, London/Europe, New-York trading sessions.
It’s been known for ages as the most busy hours of the trading sessions.

#GBPUSD
Almost at 1st TP
Swinging trades right from the high or low of a trend can be fun when you are on the right path.
Stay tuned, and I’ll try my best to guide you into that right path…but you’ve got to do the walking yourself…

All trades closed in huge profit

EURGBP is on.
Let’s see how it goes

GBPJPY joining the battle…

Dude this is a strong but signal. I will enter long position if the price has a retest of 1.4358

I’m not giving this as a signal, rather explaining my approach to analysing the market.

Yea I totally understand it, yet I believe the pair has a strong buy signal on it. Thank you for showing that to me lol.

1 Like

Trade is doing fine…

A good Trading strategy should have 4 components:

1. The trigger
  2. The set-up
  3. Entry
  4. Exit
    When you have these four well defined and clearly stated/written, then you are on the right track to becoming a profitable trader.

THE TRIGGER
By this I mean what it is you see happen in the chart that makes an instrument come up on your radar (watchlist). Could be based on a pattern, or price at a particular zone, or at a particular time, etc.

For me, it is when price gets to a KEY STRUCTURAL HIGH/LOW (KSH/KSL)
I have showed us what that is or looks like in the chart
When price gets to any of the Weekly, Daily, or 4hr KSH or KSL, it catches my attention and comes up on my radar.
This also acts as a filter and keeps me focused on particular set of instruments that will more likely give me a set-up.

apologies if i sound critical (not my intention) but some of us also attach a great deal of importance to …

1. stop-loss placement (which many career traders actually consider significantly more important than entries - hope you don’t mind my mentioning it)
1 Like

You are very right sir.
It’s included in the exit. Notice I didn’t put TP.
The exit could be plus (TP) or minus (SL).
Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like