LinoKoch trades his way to riches

Hello all. I’m an experienced trader, currently working at one of the world’s largest bank as an analyst in fund/asset management. However, in that fund, I only deal with Asian equities. Yes, I’m Asian if that matters.

I am hoping to push boundaries and create a rags to riches story. I intend to trade SGD 2,000 to SGD 1,000,000, thereby creating a fairytale and more importantly, a legacy.

I will consider all possible trades to get there. Ideally, I will execute a big trade daily and also scalp 1 or 2 trades.

Ideally, I will also be doing some withdrawals along the way.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome in BP community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

I forgot to mention in my first post that I live in Singapore, timezone GMT +8. The date right now is 15 Feb 2023, 22:56. The day would be nearly over.

First trade was a Silver long from $20.549 to $20.615, making $441.06. I believe there is more upside, but Silver is sluggish today, so perhaps a rotation out would make sense.

22% on Day 1. Not a bad start but disappointed that the Silver trade didn’t reap more returns. Was looking at $1,000 but could only grab $440. Nonetheless, let’s roll.

Leaving a trade to run, if it hits TP, the ROI would be 10% (barely, but still). If we can make 10% a day, just on $2,000, after 100 days, the figure will snowball to $27.5 million. 100 days is very long, let’s focus on 30 days first.

Key timings to note would be:

1. Australia’s employment data at 08:30.
  2. USA’s Initial Jobless Claims at 21:30.

Hopefully the running trade hits TP before 08:30 and I will be able to participate on AUD pairs.

1 Like

Welcome!

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-thriller

2 Likes

Day 2, 16 Feb.

Trade 2 wasn’t that good, didn’t get 10%, only managed 9.7% lol. I switched from Silver long to Gold long but it didn’t move fast enough for me to avoid the triple swap. Paid $107 in swap. Still managed $200+ profit.

Trade 3 was good, although it wasn’t as good as I hope it to be. Still, I managed to bag $1,000 from it. I want to stay nimble for NY session. Today’s profit stands at $1,286, which is 50% gain. That’s great.

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

This thread is gonna be a good one!! Keep going!!!

1 Like

I hope so! Thanks!

1 Like

Trade 4 was not too bad, grabbing $650 in less than 30 minutes.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, could you include profit %? $650 doesn’t tell us as much as % does.

1 Like

Currently am at $4,398.

So that trade got me 650/(4398-650)=17.34%.

1 Like

I ended Day 1 at $2,441, or 22%.

Day 2 is ending in 52 minutes so essentially over. Currently standing at $4,398. Today was an amazing day with 80.17% gain with $1,957 profit.

Hopefully Day 3 will be good too!

I like this courage, I think we are thinking along the same line,
I want to have an account where I attain at least 2% gain per trade and the dd should be less than 2%. This account will be my master account. I will then have another account. I will copy signals from the first account. I will increase the risk 10 times (for the seond account) that means I have 20% gain or 20% loss depending on the performance of the master account

1 Like

No use of stop loss?

1 Like

Day 3 is starting at $4,398. 10% of this amount is $440. That would be my target for Day 3. If I manage it, I will have $4,838.

Hopefully more!

This makes it more relatable. Thanks!!

perfect loop

If you’re able to do this, why not trade with a larger account? Why play around with $2,000? That’s nothing. If you can trade like this, why not trade a $50k account and start making real money?

1 Like

Several reasons:

1. This is a new system, too much risk to use huge capital.
  2. Legacy, rags to riches.
  3. Reason 2 is not done for fun. I aspire to open a hedge fund and if this kind of insane results can continue, well, I think I can open a hedge fund and easily attract many clients.
  4. I have many other commitments such as mortgage.

Thank you for showing interest in my journal! May I inquire where are you from? I’m from Singapore, cheers!

3 Likes

Ok. You seem quite confident in this thread and the results speak for themselves.

Rags to riches is not as interesting as $25k to $250k to $2.5M.

Well, not for long with a strategy like this.

This is very smart thinking. Thinking big!!! Good job!!

I’m from the US.

1 Like