London Breakout Strategy - 1H Timeframe Modified

Hi Cloudinee.

When you say you avoid pairs sometimes because of serious swings in the Asian session could you show me an example please?.
I like this style of trading it’s nice and clean.

Many thanks, Jim.

1 Like

Thanks for the strategy Cloudinee. Im a newbie and I have started to demo trade it from yesterday. I risked 2% on my demo and made $122. I did some backtesting on mt5 platform with a 0.01 lot size and averaged about $180 for a month on this strategy. Many thanks bro. Happy pip hunting

Looking good so far…!
Untitled8

1 Like

Here’s my current stats now using Cloud strategy…

2 Likes

Hey Jimmyt999, thanks for the comment.

It’s more so the last 3 hours of the Asian session that I pay attention to. It can be one candle that becomes massive or sometimes it’s event 2 or all 3 candles. Example below for you.

Once again, not a definite thing, just a personal thing and how I feel about it on the day. I don’t put a number on it.

Hey soundscape8, lovely to see! :smiley:

1 Like

Man…this is amazing! :money_mouth_face:

Untitled10

3 Likes

Profit factor of 2.2 is not bad for day-trading.

Thanks really for this Cloud. Such generous of you. May the Trading Gods bless you with unlimited pips for your generosity. :pray:

Good luck to you and to everyone here! :wink: :metal:

1 Like

That’s soo good to see. Glad you could be profitable with it and I am glad I am able to help others out in theri trading journey. All the best :blush:

Hello there,

Such a lovely result! I wonder if this is the original rules, or you’re using the rules that you had slightly modified?
If you’re using the modified rules, is there a large difference between the profit factor & performance from both the original & modified?

And there’s one thing that bother me, lol. How could you got 1 extra Total Number of Trades on the second result? While the pair & the date it was backtested still the same? Did you modify the rules?

Hello, i’m a bit lost with the explanation above :dizzy_face:
I understand about the retest, which you’ll wait the candlestick to retest the zone. But what do you mean by open position closest to the broken range?

Oh yeah…huge difference. When taking somebody else’s strategy you have to take it with a grain of salt (including mine). you have to consider many factors affecting your trades such as the condition of the market, characteristics of your chosen pairs, and your general trading preferences.

I already deleted my original back testing as it really sucks, profit factor is negative. That is only because I tested the strategy without considering other factors I mentioned.

I’m not sure exactly, but yeah I think there’s one extra trade…anyway.

There are many instances that the retest never reach the range, just a slight pullback then it will continue to its intended move. This happens when the candle[s] are small and slow. And so, I’m entering the trade even if it hasn’t reached the broken range.

I hope I’m able to clearly answer your question as I just woke up :grin:

You did a great job explaning to me mate. :grin:

Thank you so much, appreciate it.

Thanks for this.
Is the entry still valid if the High or Low was not broken by the breakout candle?
Say you have the weak breaking the High or low but still eventually closed within?

1 Like

Hey Drabrah,

That’d be a false breakout, I don’t take the trade unless it breaks AND CLOSE outside of the range :slight_smile:

Is anyone else having a bad week with this or just me? :joy:

1 Like

This is my stats currently, im about ±0 Profit

EUR/GBP
01: Short Win
02: No Trade, NFP
03: No Entry Trigger
06: Long Loss
07: Short Win
08: Long Lesser Loss

EUR/USD
01: Short Loss
03: Short Loss
06: Long Loss
07: Short Lesser Win
08: Long Win

GBP/JPY
01: Long Win
06: Short Lesser Win
07: Long Win
08: Short Loss

GBP/USD
01: Long WIN
06: Short Loss
07: Short Loss
08: Short Loss

Total:
Win:8
Loss:11

Its a little harsh to expect a valid strategy to perform as normal when markets are so abnormal. I hope you’re not put off. Keep at it.

@tommor Hi tommor just wondering what would keep you out of a trade using the london strategy? I see cloudninee will stay out during the NFP. Would a range bounding market or unusually large candle put you off ? If so what would constitute a large candle for you. Would you just eyeball it or base it on ATR maybe? If a range bounding market puts you off would it need to ranging for more than a day or session for example? It seems just taking every trade will keep you profitable in the long run but i’m just trying to find a bit more of an edge here if possible. Would be really interested to hear your opinion. Thanks

I use a single candle as the reference - buy if the high is exceeded, sell if the low is exceeded, and this is more aggressive than @Cloudninee’s variant on the London ORBO strategies.

If the candle has a very small range I would use the high/low of the previous candle which is more average. If the candle has an extremely wide range, I would avoid trading that market that day: I judge the range against the previous candlestick ranges typical during the London session the previous day by eye. ATR could be adapted for this purpose, I probably just won’t get round to it as if there’s any doubt I’d rather stay out.

I’m treating each day as a unique opportunity so I pay no attention to MA’s or trends or s/r for this strategy. EXCEPT that during the current pandemic crisis, the market is dithering about so much compared to “normal” conditions that my regular strategy is probably not worth the risk of trading. Maybe only if you use very very small positions, and other techniques like OCO orders, low r:r, trailing stops etc.