Long View

Entry: .9008 (~1 week ago)

Stop: .9009

NFP will make or break! :cool:

NFP Trading Plan

If AUDUSD…

a) Crashes through the stop, sit on hands for cue on next direction.

b) Hits stop and stalls, look to re enter on signs of strength.

c) Rallies, then falls, keep stop at breakeven

d) Rallies, and holds, move stop to .9100 (~+100 pips)

Stop moved to .9142

Current support areas: .9260, .9200

AUD/USD pushing up against resistance. Are you thinking a breakout above the 93 level?

That would be ideal.

I’m carefully trailing my stop.

Moved it today to .9162

Im long AUDUSD from 9160. Hoping to see the Aussie explode up to .94 or .95 very soon.

Any feedback? Opinions?

Looks like you may see .94 today…

I’m targeting just shy of .98

Stop’s currently at .92, but I’m seriously contemplating moving it just below the recent short term support @ .9250

Agree with Zeke on this one, .94 is just a matter of time. The stock market is helping to push AUD/USD higher along with commodities going higher. Gold up $17 today.

Bernanke’s speech at 12:15 should be important.

Quite a move during the Bernanke speech. The market did a good job of knocking out the late comers with tight stops to the AUD/USD long position. Market looks primed to move higher.

I agree. Like you noticed, most steep drops over the last two weeks get bid up almost immediately after. Makes me wish I had the ‘sand’ to buy more dips! Playing it safe for now… Here’s my 2 cents from my blog just now…

Monday, November 16, 2009

Tough Call

“[I]…today was a good day.[/I]” - Ice Cube

[B]While it’s tempting after today’s gains to slide the stop up a tad, I’ve decided against it. We tapped a high at .9405. Since then price action has held stable, but looks as though it may test the range we just broke out of again. Keeping the stop ~150 pips below current ranges has worked for two weeks, while over-tightening would have booted us a few times over.

On the daily charts, the most recent swing low is still .9200 . There was a brief pullback since then in which .9260 held, but the correction was sideways and not the more healthy “two steps forward, one step back.” While seemingly bullish, we could retest this range to shake out the “weak” longs. If it is, in fact, bullish then there’s nothing to worry about. If it turns out to be a true loss of momentum then we’re stopped out at a moderate 2:1 R/R ratio.[/B]

Finally stopped out at 3:15 am.

What a wild ride it was.

20 days, my longest trade held yet…

Time to sit back and plan my next move.

+200 pips (10.3 pips interest)

Entry: .9101

Stop: .8999

Target: .9750 (stop actively managed along the way)

Daily Outlook: Uptrend line since mid March lines up with entry. Stop placement lines up currently with the 50MA, which will rise if the long term uptrend persists.

H4 Outlook: Entry lines up with the 61.8 fib retracement of the last run from 11/01-11/16.
(.8905-.9405)

Hey Zaek I have it going a bit lower to test the up trend line before continuing long. H&S shown on the 4H is a strong bearish sign maybe for the short term.

If it does trigger, the stop I plan for seems safe according to your chart too, no?

Congrats!!!

I think this is a great example (especially for the newbie traders) that you can do well going for more than 10 pips a trade… :slight_smile:

…trade open.

Currently trading at .9120

Let’s see what opportunity brings!

Even Steven…

…is where the stop loss is moved to.

No sense in letting an early winner turn loser.

Bullish action on the weeks open was typical throughout the last trade. However, it also usually led to fairly weak price action in the week to follow.

So far, .9100 was well guarded. If/when there’s a pullback, it would be nice to see .9150 and/or .9200 behave similarly. It looks as though one may be starting right now.

The daily & weekly charts show what seems to be a nice clean bounce from their trendline/MA support. There was much skepticism regarding the risk trade last week, so hopefully some dry powder is out there to keep the bids coming…

Watch out for Turnaround Tuesdays :smiley: , and Wednesday should be nuts with 17 economic reports coming out for the USD last I checked. Great trade updates…

…tons of figures coming out today should make for a bumpy ride. GDP & Case Schiller in the a.m. & then crude & gas at the close.

Should be fun!

Thanks Jason!