Looking for Day trading partners

Sounds like an idea - educational if nothing else - count me in
<[email protected]>

Hi from me too! Great idea! Hope it will work!

My yahoo ID: fx_for_fx

thanx!

Hello All I have been doing forex live and demo for couple of years now. I found some good methods but I need a group to keep my focus and motivation. I am in Chicago and would like to join this group.
makemoneynow99 @ hotmail.

Regards.:smiley:

One of the best resources are the Blogs and trading ideas on this site. Following ComDoll has earned me some serious dollars over the last couple of weeks. I think they would be a good starting point for discussion. Iā€™d like to learn more about how they come up with their trades - although they do give some reasoning with each one - there is probably a lot more we can learn from them.
just my .02

wouldnt mind joing as welll
<[email protected]>

Does anyone know a good solid website where you can start a room?

I would be willing to start a room in paltalk. I know of a trader who started a room about only one system.I would like to start one just as the idea from the guy who started this thread .

I,ll look into it over the week end.

I/m in tooā€¦ <[email protected]>:)

i too would like to join im a total noob and barely started. I dont know any forex trader vocab but it will come in time lol. <[email protected]>

did this get going ? no reply from the topic starter?

Thank God someone here have realized that this thread is a piece of jokeā€¦Ower have no care about his this threadā€¦ Owner may Rest in Pice(Rip)ā€¦lol

Hi,

Iā€™m keen to join as well, but on which IM platform are you guys at yahoo/msn/skype/something else?

Interested to joinā€¦

Thanks

[B]
[B]Didnā€™t u read the whole threadā€¦???
First read and then show ur intrest to join lolā€¦
Thread strater is no more ā€¦ There is no platform to join ā€¦just a piece of joke ā€¦ No Msn/Yahoo/ Or anything is hereā€¦ So GoodByeā€¦[/B][/B]

Maybe this thread should be closed.:slight_smile:

[B]100% Agreed With You:D
PipHacker!!![/B]

Hi Rick,
My name is Basil, I live in Ireland and Iā€™m hoping that Iā€™ve not missed the Trading Partners bus!
Are you still operating and more important - are you still admitting new ā€˜would-be-trading-millionairesā€™?
My mail address is <[email protected]>
Slainte and good trading.

Basil.

You are welcome to contact me on: <[email protected]> initially. I hv msn.I am in the GMT+12 zone (NZ). Like you, I will take any resource to get me there too. Definitely in for the long haul too. Regards Craigus

Hi Craigus - thanks for responding.

Perhaps I should tell you a little about myself. I am semi-retired and live with my wife (Colleen) and 1 spoilt cat in the private country estate of Lord Waterford in County Waterford in Ireland. I am his butler! We left South Africa after a very bad experience and arrived in Dublin 10 years ago with a couple of suitcases and not much else. I do not qualify for a pension so my motivation to succeed as a trader is more than somewhat.

Spending ļæ½ ļæ½10K on seminars and courses did not keep me from being margin called last year. I am older, wiser and a lot more cautious now. Finding babypips was a blessing for I have learned more from this free site that all the aforesaid courses and seminars together.

What I really want is to bounce a few ideas off folks with similar trading styles. For instance I do not wish to scalp the market or even to day-trade. Tried that and got badly bitten in the process. Taking a medium term view like, 2 - 22 days, is more profitable and a lot less stressful.

If you think it worth your while to share a few ideas with an old codger Iā€™d be glad to hear from you.

All the best and good trading,

Basil.

Iā€™m interested, I am living in Japan right now so I am usually on for most of the Asia session including the Euro overlap, and the US Euro overlap as wellā€¦

Hi Guys. I posted my trading methodology on another part of this site but will repeat it for anyone else to benefit. I scalp very well but looking to extend to swing trades and catch a natural momentum of longer time frames. The more passive the better.My number1 weakness is taking profit way to early. so this is my system, derived from ā€˜looking over the fencesā€™ and personal style.

1 Hr Candle Charts (also works from daily to 5 mins). I use 10EMA in red, 21 EMA in black, bollinger bands (20,2).When stochastic AND macd agree with trend direction, its a trend-trade. 4-8 hr charts esp good for this.

The reason I use 10 is that it so consistently is the perfect support (or resistance) level from which price action bounces back into a fast trending move.Ie in uptrend, the price returns to support at 10ema then pushes bullishly again. When it does breach 10 ema, (wait for a closed candle to be sure)then you will see price action finding support at 21ema (which really is the best place to wait for a fantastic trade with minimal stoploss risk-like the tiger waiting in the grass for the easiest meal) This also applies to short trades,10ema being initial resistance and 21 being last stop resistance before a changing trend. If in doubt wait for a closed hourly bar/candle. Any price action outside 10 ema is a fast trend and donā€™t countertrend it no matter what because the trend is strong. Enter at 21, take 10-30pips profit, wait for reentry at 21. In a strong run, even 1 min charts with 10+21emas works.check for yourself.

For shorter trades use 1hr chart,starting to calc and use pivot points and S1+R1 (one support/resistance level from Pivot). On 60 min charts, I only take countertrend trades 15 pips outside BB,clarified by other confirming factors.
Enough said. try it, tell me. constructive criticsm welcomed. happy trend trades! Craigus :slight_smile:

Hi Craigus - Many thanks for sharing your methodology. Weā€™ve been to the same school (babypips) so all we need now to be top traders is to refine some of their excellent material. I also use EMAā€™s (5 and 12), Bollinger Bands and Stochastics to find trends. As mentioned before I only want to swing/position trade so I donā€™t use charts under 4 Hours. My problem is Iā€™m not properly timing my entries and as a result frequently get stopped out only to find that price then turns and heads off where I knew it was going before I got whacked. Placing 20 or even 50 pip Stop Losses is no solution and because my new trading balance is relatively small I cannot risk too many 100 pip Stop Losses. Maybe itā€™s time to read the info on candlesticks again!

As to your problem of exiting too early and leaving money on the table may I suggest using a 10 or 20 pip trailing stop. So doing would keep you in the game longer and increase your profits methinks!

Cheers and good trading,

Basil.

PS Welcome aboard Jimmy. Any constructive input can only be beneficial so please feel free to add your 10 cents worth!