M&W Pattern Trading

Hello,

I am embarking on a journey to strictly focus on one single strategy for the next 3-6 months, while journaling my trades here to evaluate the strategy, my approach and discipline.

I will focus only on GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCAD & GBPNZD.

I will focus on the US session only, specifically 6:30am EST to 12:00noon EST. London if I am awake

I will focus only on 15M charts and trading intraday. NO OVERNIGHT HOLDING

I will cap my Stops at 25pips and my TPs at 80pips

I will stack my positions.

Confirmations:
1. Alignment with High or Low of Day/Week
2. Breach of Neck. Very important.

LEARNING THIS STRATEGY FROM THE BEST. @ DYLAN

Welcome and good luck!!

Thank you!

Good luck and keep us updated please

Thank you Treeny! I will.

So you’re looking for M tops and W bottoms for reversals at daily and weekly highs and lows? John Bollinger’s book on Bollinger Bands treats them exhaustively, suggest you take a look. You’re trading H&S patterns as well by saying break of the neck? A failed H&S pattern is a stronger signal as it leads to trapped traders, or one that retest the neckline and holds before continuing, gives a great probability of success.

Since you’re using 15m, try looking at ATR for 15m and ATR for the day (ADR). Don’t aim for the full ADR on just a 15m pattern.

Thank you! The H&S though is a type of M/W Pattern with a stop hunt. I will check that book out. Thanks again!

So I am planning to short GBPJPY according to the analysis below. Expecting a pop up to the high in London, then fall.

Also I am planning to short GBPNZD according to the analysis below. Expecting a pop up to the high in London, then fall.

UK is on Spring Bank Holiday. Just a reminder. Weird things happen sometimes. US is also on holiday.

Stop at -2pips going back to bed.

Second position added at 139.491. Stops now at breakeven on 1st and -8.5 on second. See where its at pre-us.

I actually looked at GBPJPY because of your post. Fit some parameters I use. Went in four 0.20 lot shorts. Made $127. I’m fine with making just that, didn’t take too long. Thanks for the heads up. If I ever see you I owe you a beer.

1 Like

Awesome Gilas Trading! Just woke up and about to take profit

Just took profit for +87.5pips, anticipating a pullback. Going back to bed and ill see what NY has in store.

Tp had I only slept for a wee bit more.

Long GBPCAD MW, one position awaiting additional confirmation. Also watching GU AND GJ.

Possible setup on GBPUSD

Possible setup on GBPJPY.

Stopped out -21 pips. Learning not to pre-empt. Confirmations are key